RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Help me decide on a radio (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11358606-help-me-decide-radio.html)

BaldEagel 01-08-2013 03:33 AM

RE: Help me decide on a radio

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

<span style=''font-family: Comic Sans MS;''><span style=''font-size: medium;''><span style=''color: rgb(128, 0, 0);''>Watch what XPS presents at the AMA show in Onterio next week .... Price and capability that's unbelievable ....</span></span></span>

Oh dear XPS rears its head again, the last XPS only hopped channel when attached to a Frog, Graupner dropped it from its books very quickly.

Mike

HoundDog 01-08-2013 08:34 AM

XPS to Dabue new radio at the AMA Convention this coming week end in Onterio Califorina ... We'll see ... I too went the first 2 gemerations ofXPS and crashed a couple planes but befor I went to HiTec aroura 9 I used the XPS modual and reciever (3rd generation) in my Futaba Caps 9 and had no problems .... we'll see time wil tell.

BaldEagel 01-08-2013 08:45 AM

I used the XPS in a Futaba WC2 and it locked out in three separate positions on its first flight, even though a range check before flight checked out OK, further testing lead me to the conclusion that I will never trust anything from them again, the thread of dissatisfied customers was an epic of complaints from all over the world with no explanation from them except a withdrawal from the market, once bitten twice shy, never again.

Mike

HoundDog 01-08-2013 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

I used the XPS in a Futaba WC2 and it locked out in three separate positions on its first flight, even though a range check before flight checked out OK, further testing lead me to the conclusion that I will never trust anything from them again, the thread of dissatisfied customers was an epic of complaints from all over the world with no explanation from them except a withdrawal from the market, once bitten twice shy, never again.

Mike
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-size: medium"><span style="color: #ff0000">First impressions are a ***** ...</span></span></span>

grbaker 01-08-2013 09:37 AM

the thread of dissatisfied (XPS) customers was an epic of complaints from all over the world
I don't remember who said it but my favorite quote from that thread was "it worked great until it didn't"

BaldEagel 01-08-2013 09:43 AM

My favorite was the picture of the Frog with the XPS Rx strapped to its back with the caption "I finally got it to hop".

Mike

George 01-08-2013 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: grbaker

the thread of dissatisfied (XPS) customers was an epic of complaints from all over the world
I don't remember who said it but my favorite quote from that thread was ''it worked great until it didn't''
It could have been me Gary...it sounds familiar, but I don't know!

George 01-08-2013 03:04 PM

Dave,

Get what you're comfortable with!!

ddennison 01-08-2013 03:45 PM

Hi George,

I would be comfortable with a Weatronic Transmitter if I could get one.....otherwise it may be the DX18/QQ...

Hope all is well with the jet.

DD