RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Skymaster Ultra Dragon (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11373472-skymaster-ultra-dragon.html)

pilot tw 01-17-2013 07:01 AM

Skymaster Ultra Dragon

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, all

I am interesting design the Large aerobatic jet for the new rules of F-3S, i now enlarged the Dragon and modify some out line for better my new Ultra Dragon, and I can not wait to test fly it! ;)

the new Ultra Dragon
length: 2657mm (104.6")
wingspan: 2337mm (92" )

here are 3D drawings for the ultra Dragon, i will let you know the more information for the new Ultra Dragon, any suggest would be appreciate!!

Best Regards

Anton

Flynstuff 01-17-2013 07:03 AM

RE: Skymaster Ultra Dragon

That looks great Anton!!

Dave Wilshere 01-17-2013 07:25 AM

Fin/Rudder needs to be larger....taller (big canopy will upset airflow) and more cord to overcome fuselage nose area for good tracking...

zonker123 01-17-2013 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anton,

Live hinges for flaps would be nice.

And can I get some trade in credit for my now compact dragon for the bigger version?:D

mike

pilot tw 01-17-2013 07:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

Fin/Rudder needs to be larger....taller (big canopy will upset airflow) and more cord to overcome fuselage nose area for good tracking...
Thank you, good idea ..;)

pilot tw 01-17-2013 07:43 AM

ORIGINAL: zonker123

Anton,

Live hinges for flaps would be nice.

And can I get some trade in credit for my now compact dragon for the bigger version:D

mike
yes, the ailerons with Flapas are live in hinges..TKS

welcome to join to Ultra Dragon!:)

BluFox 01-17-2013 08:09 AM

Anton. . .

I love the design and the fact you are going to make this already great jet even better. I agree with Dave re; the vertical fin/rudder. From the CAD, it looks like both can be enlarged. . .BUT keep the sweep for stability. My suggestion would be to make the stabilizer/elevator and vertical fin/rudder exactly the same size. Benefit would be one mold for production as well as part exchange availability. There are aircraft manufacturers today who use this very concept. Another benefit would be aerodynamic balance due to exact airfoils of both.

I look forward to getting my hands on one of these. Keep us informed of your progress.

Best regards,
Eric

Erik R 01-17-2013 08:47 AM

Anton,

If you make the fin/rudder too tall,you will get excessive coupling during Knife edge flight. This can be mixed out,but is something you should at least consider.Good luck,

Erik

Mark H 01-17-2013 08:51 AM

The trailing edges of the flying surfaces on most jets are to sharp, ( come down to a point) if these were kept thicker ,this also increases straight line stability. The fin / rudder trailing edge is one of the most important to do this it stops fish tailing.
Shape looks great, better than some to do the F3s job, :-)
Regards

pilot tw 01-17-2013 09:01 AM

WOW.... Thank you for these opinions and commented, I now got more idea ,:D

BlueBus320 01-17-2013 12:18 PM

Wow!:D

fifou313 01-17-2013 01:13 PM

I think you can increase the verticaly size of the air intlet to able to mount very big engine like P200.
I don't know if I have explain it clearly.
Best regards.
Fifou

jetdriver 01-17-2013 06:11 PM

I think the whole concept is great. A larger Dragon will be nice. the cad drawings you posted look good to me.....maybe a little more cord on the fin and rudder for looks and added yaw stability

Mickey

pilot tw 01-18-2013 03:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Normally preparations work to assemble wing to fuselage before each flight is annoying..:(

So I will design a three-piece-wing.The mid wing is permanently fixed to fuselage.It is only 95CM(37.4") long and can easily sit inside the car.;)

Just assemble two small wings and two wires to fuselage before every flight.No need to retract gear and insert airlines.

essyou35 01-18-2013 06:04 AM

Nice viperjet.

robersteam 01-18-2013 07:08 AM

excuse me,but F3S isn´t german speed cup?

mhadjiky 01-18-2013 09:18 AM

Good job Anton.
It looks nice

Keep us informed.

pilot tw 01-19-2013 05:26 AM

starting make the mould of Ultra Dragon by cnc, pls wait a few days , the mould will finish...;)

Mäksä 01-19-2013 12:42 PM

Anton, if you want to do something special, you have to hit the Ultra Flash!
The only real goal is. Faster, more durable, and cheaper!
If you can not do this, forget it!

br, Petri

cassiemitch 01-20-2013 04:10 PM

This sounding to be a great deal . Mid wing attached to fuse with retacts in sounds good and a great size sport jet . Got my new skymaster mb399 arriving here end of january ! 

AVIOJET 01-20-2013 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: M�ks�

Anton, if you want to do something special, you have to hit the Ultra Flash!
The only real goal is. Faster, more durable, and cheaper!
If you can not do this, forget it!

br, Petri
And I should add " and also hit the Ultra Bandit" :D

BR

Jesus

MP3_tilaco 01-20-2013 04:50 PM

Good job but why not other scale plane like a Alphajet for bee turbine or Rabbit? Maybe a small F9F?

cassiemitch 01-21-2013 01:36 AM

And with electric retracts that would be great .

chrigui 01-21-2013 02:19 AM

ORIGINAL: robersteam

excuse me,but F3S isn´t german speed cup?

is similar to F3A but with turbine engine

BlueBus320 01-21-2013 04:30 PM

Would be awesome to have wing tips like the Ultra Flash family. I guess they are functionally reducing wingtip drag, making the plane more slippery. If not, they look cool as $**t.
P.S. Standard Dragon version 3, same tips IMO.. GREAT JOB on the Ultra Dragon!