RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Ripped off Turbine sale (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11375639-ripped-off-turbine-sale.html)

wd40 01-18-2013 09:02 PM

Ripped off Turbine sale

Do not sale to this man he is a thief he has filed a case on my pay-pal for almost $2000.00 dollors on a jet centrail turbine that i sold to him 9- 9- 2012 He told paypal that i did not ship the turbine to him, I have email's that tell me to ship it to the the [ USA ADDRESS THAT HE HAS HERE ON RCU, AND NOT TO HIS HOME ADDRESS IN CHILI ] I have the UPS Tracking # that showes some one singed for it in Fl. He also rated me here for the tubine sale as good, so I know he has the turbine I have sent all of this in to paypal ,but still could lose this case Because I did not send it to the paypal address he has on file with them.
I have been in this for over 30 years, and this is a first time this has happen to me.

His name is Eugenio Oisel

EUGENIO OISEL ARCE
Chancal # 236 Fundo Las Monjas
Lomas de San Andres
Concepcion
Bio - Bio
Chile

FenderBean 01-18-2013 09:33 PM

RE: Ripped off Turbine sale

I had something similar happen when I sent something to guy in canada, I know he got but he said otherwise. Mine was nothing that high so I hope it falls in your favor.

wd40 01-18-2013 09:34 PM

I hope you got your money back

wd40 01-18-2013 09:54 PM

I will contact all Jet centrail turbine dealers that this turbine unit is stolen serial # JF140-99 Cheetah

Ram-bro 01-18-2013 10:39 PM

thast why I dont use paypal. Giving any company access to your accounts is just asking for trouble. I lost a jet and I believe about 1500 to a guy on the east coast. Then I find the jet on ebay........never again

747junky 01-19-2013 03:29 AM

<table style="text-align: -webkit-auto;color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Verdana, Helvetica; font-size: small; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.292969); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 224); "> <tbody> <tr> <td class="ProfileAddress"><span id="ctl00_mainBody_ucProfileView_Address" style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.300781); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.234375); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.234375); -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">7339 NW 54th St, Miami, FL 33166</span></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="ProfilePhone"><span id="ctl00_mainBody_ucProfileView_Phone" style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.300781); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.234375); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.234375); -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">Local Phone:(305)888-1088</span></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="ProfilePhone"></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="ProfilePhone"><span id="ctl00_mainBody_ucProfileView_Fax" style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.300781); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.234375); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.234375); -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">Fax:(305)889-3377</span></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="ProfileWeb"><font color="#000000">www.americanfastcargo.com</font></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
im assuming you shipped to this address. This is his freight forwarder address. I suggest you call them and verify who signed for the engine and tell them what going on. I hope that helps<br type="_moz" />

MP3_tilaco 01-19-2013 04:20 AM

Hi, I'm from Chile (Chili) and I don't know to this guy.
In my country just a few flying turbine models.
Can you post the addesse in Chile?

luv2flyrc 01-19-2013 05:06 AM

ORIGINAL: wd40

Do not sale to this man he is a thief he has filed a case on my pay-pal for almost $2000.00 dollors on a jet centrail turbine that i sold to him 9- 9- 2012 He told paypal that i did not ship the turbine to him, I have email's that tell me to ship it to the the [ USA ADDRESS THAT HE HAS HERE ON RCU, AND NOT TO HIS HOME ADDRESS IN CHILI ] I have the UPS Tracking # that showes some one singed for it in Fl. He also rated me here for the tubine sale as good, so I know he has the turbine I have sent all of this in to paypal ,but still could lose this case Because I did not send it to the paypal address he has on file with them.
I have been in this for over 30 years, and this is a first time this has happen to me just a low down P.O.S. HE IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His name is Eugenio Oisel
I thought you only had 45 days to open a paypal dispute?

MIke<br type="_moz" />

Dr Honda 01-19-2013 08:17 AM

WD-40: That really sucks, and I'm sorry to hear about the problem. I hope you can get it straightened out. Get that S/N to Eric, and I'm sure they will keep their eye out for it.

RAM-Bro: I understand what you are saying... and I've been screwed for $200 via Paypal... but dishonest people are everywhere, and nothing is positive. From a "Buyer's" stand point... if I wanted to buy a used engine... and the seller said "I don't take paypal"... then I would have to pass on the sale. If I would send a check, MO, or cash... what protection would I have if the engine was never sent, or was not as advertised??

The problem is, the crook can be on either end of the deal, and paypal does offer some protection to both parties. The unfortunate problem here is that the engine wasn't sent to the verified address.

Gonzalo38 01-19-2013 02:45 PM

WD-40:

As MP3-tilaco was saying, the group in Chile that flies turbines is very limited and until now, they are concentrated in only one club.

Send an email to Michel who is the Jetcentral dealer in Chile. His address is [email protected]

From the name you posted and doing a quick google search, the guy seams to be from the south of Chile, specifically Concepcion. He is listed as a member of a club there http://www.aeromodelosconcepcion.com/socios_2/

Hopefully you can solve this issue and let us know if we can help.

Xairflyer 01-19-2013 06:05 PM

You cant blame Paypal, paypal always protects the buyer (the person who spends the money) which could be you sometime, it is still the safest way to buy anything online.

Yes the buyer must file a claim with 45 days, once he does, paypal will ask parties to make contact to try to sort out without paypal themselves getting involved, if not sorted, paypal will ask the seller for tracking details, if you have it you will be ok.
However you should only send goods to the customers registered or verified paypal address. i.e. the address that will come from paypal with the notification of payment.

If you make arrangements with the buyer to post to another address, (not registered with paypal) it may then get a bit more complicated, but if you have an email from the customer asking for this and post tracking to that address you have a strong case.

AGAIN to be clear, The only way for a seller to be safe (remember paypal is protecting the buyer here not the seller) only post to address supplied to you by paypal and always have post tracking/registered/signed for etc.

wd40 01-19-2013 06:45 PM

I just sent him a email and got this back pay pal is screwed up!!!!!!!
Eugenio Oisel
8:31 PM (9 minutes ago)

to me

Hi. Is funny i didnt nothing. Was a surprise to me. Im waiting monday to.talk with paypal people in order to know more.details of this concern.
Sorry for this inconvenient. But im really sure is a mistake
Eugenio

wd40 01-19-2013 06:49 PM

If you make arrangements with the buyer to post to another address, (not registered with paypal) it may then get a bit more complicated, but if you have an email from the customer asking for this and post tracking to that address you have a strong case.

That is what I did, and have the emails to back it up, and he also rated me on the sale so he has this turbine go to my ratings to look.

ddlstang 01-19-2013 07:14 PM

PAY-PAL will always screw the seller. Had a claim form a sale in New Zealand, itme was held up in customs. Buyer filed, then received item but conveniently did not tell pay-pal. They found in his favor even though I had signed receipts.

Instructor 01-19-2013 08:01 PM

[&o]If I buy or sell to someone that suggest I send the item to an address that is not through Pay-pal, I use a US Postal Money order. If you don't get the item you bought, or the person you sold an item to says they didn't get the item, you have a receipt from the Post Office. They can track the money order and find out if it was cashed, in the case of you not getting the item you bought. Ask the buyer to use a US Postal Money order to pay you for and item and you will always get paid.......

Larry

PropsnWings 01-19-2013 09:04 PM

And you stay paid ! :)

This also brings up another though I have had with our RC items, is why in the world does PP have a 45 day window for someone to file a claim? I'd think after a couple of weeks, a person should have had the item fully checked out.

ORIGINAL: Instructor

[&amp;o]If I buy or sell to someone that suggest I send the item to an address that is not through Pay-pal, I use a US Postal Money order. If you don't get the item you bought, or the person you sold an item to says they didn't get the item, you have a receipt from the Post Office. They can track the money order and find out if it was cashed, in the case of you not getting the item you bought. Ask the buyer to use a US Postal Money order to pay you for and item and you will always get paid.......

Larry

DiscoWings 01-19-2013 09:19 PM

Never Ever sell internationally UNLESS:

1, They send you a check that clears and you wait at least 1 week after it clears.
2, Then you can ship the item out, if it doesn't appear its buyers responsibility, take no liability for international shipping, if you think USPS is bad you have no idea of the corruption in other countries.

Bill G 01-20-2013 02:56 AM

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

1, They send you a check that clears and you wait at least 1 week after it clears.
2, Then you can ship the item out, if it doesn't appear its buyers responsibility, take no liability for international shipping, if you think USPS is bad you have no idea of the corruption in other countries.
Very true. They're not dumb in other countries, knowing that an international package will not start an investigation, as the shipper is thousands of miles away. You could send a buddy of yours a measley propeller, and the postal people may take it. May as well just label the package "To Whoever Wants to Take This".

paypal: Just horrible. When I started in all this, we used Postal MOs. Everything worked as it was supposed to, for the following reasons:
1. The seller cashed the MO at the Post Office, and would therefore quickly ship your goods at the same time, while they were there.
2. You only dealt with people that you trusted, which is the only way one should ever make a transaction. When following that rule, paypal not only becomes redundant, but it becomes problematic. If someone doesn't trust me, then please do not buy from me. I would encourage the person not to.

Xairflyer 01-20-2013 03:32 AM

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

I would never send someone a cheque unless I knew them or they were verified by someone I knew, as a buyer you have no protection at all, the seller can just not send out the item, or pretend he did, with paypal if you dont get the item you will get your money back.

If WD40 has tracking details and emails from customer plus the rating on the sale (which must be backed up now before it goes missing) then all these things will be taken into account by Paypal, the only thing that maybe a problem is the alternate delivery address.

As I have said paypal protects the buyer, the seller has to provide the proof of completing his side of the sale.
You have confirmation and signing for delivery, if the customer says it was not him that signed then the item is now stolen and next step is to notify the police.

pmerritt 01-20-2013 03:40 AM

<font size="4">It's truly amazing PayPal never works for those that send items without insurance and requiring the buyer sign for verification of receipt of item!!  DOH.  </font></p>

jroth 01-20-2013 04:56 AM

Hi Mike,

I am fighting a PayPal battle of my own.

PayPal does not want anyone using them for firearms sales, which I did not know. I bought a rifle from Atlanta, I sent the woman the money and she did not send me the rifle. I asked PayPal for the money, they said I was not covered by the Buyer Protection plan. I had to contact the Atlanta police and I finally received the Rifle after a month of BS.

I was trying to sell a different rifle to a local guy, I told him he would have to give me a deposit and I offered to take a credit card, he told me to send him a PayPal invoice for the $100 deposit, so I did. The guy wound up buying a different rifle for less money and he wanted his deposit back. I told him the deposit was assumed to be non-refundable unless specifically written as conditional or refundable, but I would send him half of his deposit as an act of good will. The guy went crazy, threatened me and then filed a claim with PayPal. PayPal said that deposits were not covered by their buyer protection and found in my favor, the guy escalated the claim to arbitration and again PayPal found in my favor. The guy went to his bank and signed an affidavit stating that PayPal took the money out of his account as and un-authorized transaction. The bank took the money back from PayPal and PayPal took the money from my account. The guy committed fraud, I provided PayPal with all of the emails stating he wanted to make the deposit through PayPal, he knew I received the deposit and he was trying to schedule a time to meet me to complete the purchase. PayPal basically said I was screwed and I should hire a lawyer.

I have used PayPal for 13 years and I do not think I can trust them in the future.

Good Luck, I hope it works out for you.

John

[email protected] 01-20-2013 05:31 AM

NEVER TRUST PAYPAL ITS BAD WHEN YOU CANT TRUST YOUR FELLOW FLYERS

essyou35 01-20-2013 06:03 AM

cmon guys, half of you jet guys think you work for NASA but then you're not smart enough to know not to sell things or send money to scammers overseas? Sure there are some legit ones but they are rare. did he start off the email as "Hi Fiend."

Just so you know, those emails asking you to send money or give cc numbers to someone who has an inheritance are not real either. And neither are ***** enlargement pills.

I feel for ya but I always post on my ads NO International inquiries.

I hope this works out but lets all learn from it.

Yeah, I act like because of how I was treated when I started in jets asking questions on here,payback sucks huh?

dubd 01-20-2013 06:29 AM

ORIGINAL: essyou35
Yeah, I act like because of how I was treated when I started in jets asking questions on here,payback sucks huh?

http://cdn1.elitedaily.com/elite/wp-...by_crying.jpeg

Gonzalo38 01-20-2013 06:53 AM

essyou35 :

Actually, most of the scams I've seen here in RCuniverse have been from people inside the US and not from other countries....... ;)