RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   GBRJET Electric brakes - any experience? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11393934-gbrjet-electric-brakes-any-experience.html)

RoLe 02-02-2013 03:07 AM

GBRJET Electric brakes - any experience?

Hi.

Consider modification of my B-ARF to electric brakes and did have a short look at this and other variations at JP last year.

Anybody having any experience with GBR's version?

Thanks.

jason 02-02-2013 03:38 AM

RE: GBRJET Electric brakes - any experience?

I've got a set on a Stinger and they have never failed to work.

Jason

hooker53 02-02-2013 07:14 AM

Role. You can bet that if Marc has anything to do with his offers that it would be top notch. He has one of the best cust service you can find anywhere. I have bought some of his jet equip through Todd at Dreamworksrc and it's great.

Henke Torphammar 02-02-2013 10:21 AM

I have a set from Marc, not flown it yet though. On my bench it works really good. The parts are well engineerd.

craigdyer 02-02-2013 03:06 PM

Ditto with the other comments, Mark is easy to deal with, honest and you get exactly what you pay for.

I have 4 sets of electric brakes Mark custom made for me, all work great.

He has made a set for my Bandit ARF but you need a slightly larger diameter wheel as the hub is too small on the original BVM wheels.

I am using the Intairco wheels and prolinl struts.

I have also modified the BVM retracts with Lado actuators and all is working perfectly on the bench.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards, Craig.

chris923 02-03-2013 08:30 AM

GBRJET,

I purcashed a set of 20mm edoor lados for my TF -51 gear doors. When I hook them up to a y-harness, they move in opposit directions, do I need to by a program card from Lado
or can I modify them my self. I sent Lado a email, no reply as of yet, there is nothing on the web site to address this. Do you have a clue?

Chris923

marc s 02-03-2013 11:39 AM

Chris GBRJET has nothing to do with Lado.

marcs

chris923 02-03-2013 11:51 AM

My mistake, thought GBRJET was a RCU handle.

I am just looking for info from somwone who has used the lado e-door actuators.

Chris923

craigdyer 02-03-2013 12:49 PM

Chris923,

The door actuator is just a geared motor/screw jack arrangement, if one is extended and the other one retracted but you want them both to be extended say then disconnect the extended one drive the retracted one out then plug the disconnected one back in and all will be good.

BRG, Craig.

Robrow 02-04-2013 02:55 AM

I just use a small plug in retract sequencer that I picked up for GBP20 with mine, direction and timing are all adjustable together with doors open or closed with gear down....works absolutely spot on. A decent electric system is unbeatably simple and reliable but quality does vary.

Rob.

Robrow 02-04-2013 02:56 AM

?