RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Delivery problem with Details 4 Scale (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11604547-delivery-problem-details-4-scale.html)

batos 09-25-2014 05:18 AM

Delivery problem with Details 4 Scale

Question for every people who have ordered with Detail 4 scale.
After a 6 month order with paiement of more than 800 USD, I have for 3 months, many mail from Dan who apologize for the very big delay and every month, he promise me the package for the next week.
two weeks ago he sent me a tracking number, but the status shows that it has not been sent to USPS.
So does anybody encounter the same problem?
And can I expect one day to receive it or I can sit on my money?
Many thanks for your answers.

porcia83 09-25-2014 05:52 AM

You didn't say what expectations were set when you put your order in. This vendor makes custom made items, probably to order. That would typically entail a longer wait. I know of one person who dealt with them and were happy with their purchase.

The tracking number just means he probably purchased the shipping label, it doesn't mean it is on the way, but hopefully it is. If you really want the item, you might just have to wait until they send it. If you want to cancel the item, you might be able to do so with your credit card.

It seems like they have heard your complaint, but not doing much about it. That's a lot of money to have spent without getting your item. Good luck, and update your thread once you get a resolution.

FalconWings 09-25-2014 06:34 AM

I think its been stated here before, he makes unique products but delivery times are constantly delayed. This is the price to pay for needing a unique product. Many of the customers remind me of being a Dallas Cowboys fan: very loyal but constantly dissapointed.

Maybe it's time for another Details4scale photo image cleaning contest. :-)

just my $.02 Mexican Pesos.

FenderBean 09-25-2014 11:48 AM

im still waiting on the rest of a 1/6 scale ordnance set. This deal was made back in 2010:(, nice guy but at this point i have given up. I kept all the emails and was planning to force the issue but its just not worth it.

mr_matt 09-25-2014 11:53 AM

for the upteenth time, Dan's problem is he does not charge enough. He needs to charge more in order to lower the demand to a level he can keep up with. He would make more money and have less customer service issues

DiscoWings 09-25-2014 12:01 PM

details4slow...

FenderBean 09-25-2014 12:23 PM

Matt I know this is an old topic but, as a business owner providing a service you should only sale at a rate at which you can operate to provide a service in the time frame specified. If you cannot meet demand then you should inform the person before they buy so as to let them decide to continue or not. Telling them a false time line is bad business, I think Dan is a nice guy and has good products but thats no excuse. Like I said I have kept all the emails between us and in just about every email he states the same thing it is almost done and will be shipped within the week. Charging more does what? make it worth the time to complete orders in a timely fashion or just to cut down the business so your can handle the orders? I plan to start my own business after the Army and im pretty sure you will not find that kind of business model very successful.

mr_matt 09-25-2014 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by FenderBean (Post 11887893)
Charging more does what? make it worth the time to complete orders in a timely fashion or just to cut down the business so your can handle the orders? I plan to start my own business after the Army and im pretty sure you will not find that kind of business model very successful.

It cuts down on the number of orders so he can service them better. It would make it easier to predict when he can finish things.

What business are you starting?

FenderBean 09-25-2014 01:26 PM

I think removing the 6-8 week delivery expectation on the FAQs page would be a good place to start and just be upfront with people before you take their money realistic times on delivery. Some people are happy waiting as long as required, but others take what you say and advertise as a contract. I think over 4 years is a bit much and I have been more than reasonable and very nice with my emails.
Anyway I hold no grudges, I just take my business else where which oddly enough seems to be a good solution from what people are indicating.

I have a lot of respect for small business in America and I really do support as many as I can since I know its almost impossible to profit from something here in America due to the insane cost of living. I don't mind paying a little more or waiting for a good product made here in America but you have to meet the consumers needs.

kevinthoele 09-25-2014 03:42 PM

Dan makes great products. But you are right he does take too long most of the time. You will be happy with the product in the end it just might take a lot longer then you were hoping for. Four years though that may be a record!!!

Craig B. 09-25-2014 04:00 PM

Dan makes great products fo sure, but I think once you take people's money it is reasonable to expect that you receive the goods in a timely fashion. Perhaps a better way to go would be to accept the order and only request payment once the goods are ready to ship. Custom orders (eg new ordnance sets) should require a deposit. I had to wait a long time for my mig15 from Flytechnique but I only had to pay once it was ready to ship.

I am a small business owner and understand the incredible demands on sole operators. I am sure you will receive your products as he seems to be an honourable guy.

gsjloynesyj 09-25-2014 06:52 PM

This is the price to pay for needing a unique product. http://lifehealthus.com/9ce14.jpg

batos 09-25-2014 10:57 PM

Ok thank you for your answers, the process is exactly the same than for Fenderbean, every month shipping is for the next week..., the problem is that I told him when ordering that I'm working on a project for the next WJM and now time is missing to get the plane fully ready...
He knows that since the beginning and makes me a little under pressure to order and pay to be delivered on time...what I've done.
So if somebody know him can he told him that like Dan, I'm not a bad guy and he can really process to shipping now ...

FalconWings 09-26-2014 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by gsjloynesyj (Post 11888116)
This is the price to pay for needing a unique product. http://lifehealthus.com/9ce14.jpg

Wow, Harvard school of business? Thank you for sending our product lines to Mexico and China!

:confused:

jzuniga 09-26-2014 08:35 AM

It's a matter of choice really. After ordering from D4S before and waiting waaaaay too long, I decided to never again. Good product or not, that's not a way to run a business…
My .02

Z

I-fly-any-and-all 09-26-2014 10:12 AM

so whats his web site?

RSO 09-26-2014 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by I-fly-any-and-all (Post 11888511)
so whats his web site?

http://www.details4scale.com

batos 10-05-2014 06:49 AM

Today, I'm happy... the order is at home for 2 days, it was long for delivery, but quality is here and as good as expected. Light and drag chute kit for F104 1/5 scale.
Good job Dan.
Thank you.