RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   4th Annual Tiger Meet 2018 in SC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11650179-4th-annual-tiger-meet-2018-sc.html)

jsnipes 06-15-2018 08:19 AM

4th Annual Tiger Meet 2018 in SC

RC jet flying is coming back to SC in Oct 2018! October is an awesome time to fly jets in SC so mark your calendars! This is a relaxed, flyer friendly event where fun, food, fellowship ... and FLYING are the goal!

The Flying Tigers RC Club near Lake City, SC will be holding its fourth annual Tiger Meet Jet Event on October 25 - 28. Our event the last three years have been huge successes and we hope to continue growing it this year!

- Jet friendly 75' x 2700' smooth, level grass runway with wide open flying space.
- AMA Sanctioned Friday 10/26 and Saturday 10/27.
- Pilots’ dinner Saturday night included with $40 pilot’s fee.
- Free pilots’ raffle included with $40 pilot’
s fee.
- Best Sport Performance, Best Scale Performance, and Pilot’s Choice awards to be voted and are available for sponsorship.
- 32 reserved parking spots with 30A power service are available. Contact me to reserve your spot. $25 per parking spot for entire event.
- Prepaid tent rentals will be available...detailed info and price to be posted soon.
- Free WIFI.
- RVs and campers welcome. RV grey/black water dump on site.
- Clubhouse with air conditioner, full kitchen, and bathroom/shower.
- Large, secure hangar for overnight jet storage.
- Parallel 2nd runway behind parking area is available for small jet (foamy) and prop plane use by paid event pilots. This runway is completely free of interference with the main flight line and is roughly 100' x 1000'.
- Visit www.flyingtigersrc.com or our FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/157288534403279/

- Contact Jamie Snipes (CD) at [email protected] or 864-684-9921.

Watch for updates on parking spot and tent rental information coming soon!

Setup day will be Wed, Oct 24th. Early arrivals welcomed ... just let me know so we can make arrangements. Flying through Sunday afternoon. You can stay longer ... just let me know so we can make arrangements.

Hope to see you there!

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...1a4b61c5ce.jpg

BarracudaHockey 06-15-2018 08:25 AM

Dang :(

12 OClock High AND Huck-O-Ween that same weekend.

Maybe I will draw straw.

jsnipes 06-15-2018 12:11 PM

I don't see either one in the AMA Sanctioned Event search. Oh well...
JS

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12440333)
Dang :(

12 OClock High AND Huck-O-Ween that same weekend.

Maybe I will draw straw.

BarracudaHockey 06-15-2018 12:41 PM

Not sure if Frank sanctions his big events or just has them. Huck-O-Ween is at a private field but I go every year.

No biggie, any other weekend and I would have made the trip.

jsnipes 08-01-2018 05:29 AM

2018 Tiger Meet parking spot and tent info ...

Each parking spot is 15' wide x 50' deep. If it fits in that space you're good to go. If you need extra space, just let me know...we can accommodate you.

- Parking Spot with no power: FREE! (limited qty available and are towards either end of show center)
- Parking Spot with your own 30A power plug: $25
- Two Parking Spots with two 30A power plugs and prepaid 20x20 tent: $325
- Four Parking Spots with four 30A power plugs and prepaid 20x40 tent: $550

First come first served, as far as parking spot location so let me know ASAP. I will need all tent requests and pre-payments by Friday October 12th.

if you want to share in a tent let me know and I'll try to hook you up with others.

You are welcome to set up your own tent at your parking spot.

Pre-paid tent setup day will be Wednesday October 24th.

You are welcome to arrive early and stay late. Just let me know so we can make arrangements.

You can email me at [email protected] or reply here. Or give me a call/text ... 864-684-9921 cell.

tp777fo 08-01-2018 01:37 PM

Rv spot with power. No tent

jsnipes 08-01-2018 03:47 PM

Gotcha covered, Tom! Looking forward to it!
JS

Originally Posted by tp777fo (Post 12451750)
Rv spot with power. No tent

f106jax 08-02-2018 11:44 AM

Looking forward to my first Tiger Meet! See you there Tom!

jsnipes 08-03-2018 06:07 AM

Mike, looking forward to having you down!
JS

Originally Posted by f106jax (Post 12451952)
Looking forward to my first Tiger Meet! See you there Tom!

BarracudaHockey 08-03-2018 07:31 AM

Unless professional reasons have me going to Nall, I plan on making the trip to this one

jsnipes 08-03-2018 12:31 PM

Andy ... sounds great! Do you need a reserved parking spot or pre-paid tent?
Laid back, flyer friendly, non-commercial event that we have. Great amenities.
Just let me know what you may need. Looking forward to it!
(Nall in the Fall is a month earlier ... same weekend as Super Jet South.)
JS

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12452159)
Unless professional reasons have me going to Nall, I plan on making the trip to this one

BarracudaHockey 08-03-2018 01:30 PM

Press pass and whatever benefits and accolades that go with that :D

jsnipes 08-03-2018 05:27 PM

You’ve been granted full dignitary status. That means you get to flip burgers! :)
Looking forward to having you up!
JS

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12452237)
Press pass and whatever benefits and accolades that go with that :D

Frank Alvarez 08-04-2018 07:27 AM

October fun.....

Hello Mr Jamie,
I along with two other couples will be burning Jet-A with the gang that weekend.
Looking forward to the fun.
We're gonna plan on setting up adjoining large "Easy-ups" to create our Ho-Chi-Ming" community!
Probably at least three to four large 14X20 lashed together.
Take care man, will see ya soon.
Franko

Viper1GJ 08-04-2018 05:34 PM

Sign us up where ever we can fit.

Thanks
Gary

jsnipes 08-04-2018 07:14 PM

Frank ... gotcha covered! Looking forward to it!
JS

Originally Posted by Frank Alvarez (Post 12452383)
Hello Mr Jamie,
I along with two other couples will be burning Jet-A with the gang that weekend.
Looking forward to the fun.
We're gonna plan on setting up adjoining large "Easy-ups" to create our Ho-Chi-Ming" community!
Probably at least three to four large 14X20 lashed together.
Take care man, will see ya soon.
Franko

jsnipes 08-04-2018 07:18 PM

Gary...I will find a good spot for the Taj MaJones!!
JS

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ (Post 12452522)
Sign us up where ever we can fit.

Thanks
Gary

rcflier53 08-05-2018 10:22 AM

Jamie, I think we had talked before in the group, but just in case I misspoke, please park me next to Frank Alvarez. No tent, but power will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

jsnipes 08-06-2018 05:45 AM

You got it, Adam!
JS

Originally Posted by rcflier53 (Post 12452699)
Jamie, I think we had talked before in the group, but just in case I misspoke, please park me next to Frank Alvarez. No tent, but power will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

jsnipes 09-25-2018 04:48 AM

One month away from the start of Tiger Meet 2018! Hotel info is below ... all are about 10 minutes from the field.
From luxury to economy ....
- The Inn at the Crossroads
The Inn at the Crossroads Lake City Hotel Lake City Hotel Near Lake City's downtown historic district
- Security Inn Lake City
- Days Inn Lake City

- Lake City Inn

Hope to see you there! JS

jsnipes 09-25-2018 05:06 AM

Some aerial photos of the Flying Tigers RC Club. Photo credit to Perry McCormick.

Jet flying will be on the main runway on the upper side of the photo. Paid event pilots are welcome to bring other planes, e.g. foamies, props, etc to fly on the 2nd runway which is the one on the lower side of the photo.

Large hangar for overnight jet storage, air condition club house with full kitchen, free wifi, and 30A parking spots are only some of the amenities available.

Contact me soon to reserve a parking spot or a pre-paid tent rental. I will need all tent rentals by Friday 10/12.

Come join the fun!

JS

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...3fe4bf0a3.jpeg
Flying Tigers RC Club

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...71d95729f.jpeg
Flying Tigers RC Club

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...e28975383.jpeg
We may even have runway lights for nightflying!

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...09f817174.jpeg
Painted runway lines.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...5e84945b52.png
Smooth, level and low cut grass is jet friendly for anything from foamy EDF’s to giant scale jets.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...b40e18512.jpeg
Hangar for overnight jet storage.

jsnipes 10-10-2018 10:45 AM

We are 2 weeks away from the unofficial start of Tiger Meet 2018. Wednesday 10/24 is setup day, but people are welcome to arrive starting Wednesday. If you plan to arrive earlier just contact me to make arrangements.

AMA sanctioned days are Friday 10/26 and Saturday 10/27. Thursday 10/25 will be a non-sanctioned day so target this for any maidens, LTMA1/2 waiver flights, turbine pilot waiver flights, etc. The field will be open all day Sunday 10/28 for those that want to fly. If you plan to stay after Sunday, please contact me to make arrangements.

I need to have tent rental information by this Friday 10/12.

Parking reservations can be made up until Wednesday 10/14 ... first come first serve after that.

Paid event jet pilots can also fly foamies or other non-turbine types of planes on our 2nd flight line which is behind and parallel to the main runway, completely away from obstructing main flight line jet ops.

A quick thanks to the event sponsors already on board ...
- BVM Jets - Pilot’s Choice, Best Scale Performance, and Best Sport Performance Award sponsor
- Boomerang RC - Pilots’ Dinner sponsor
- Pacific RC Jets
- Motion RC
- Kingtech Turbines
- Jersey Modeler
- Dreamworks RC
- RTL Fasteners
- CJ’s Hobby Shop
- NirlyBuilt

Our event would not be possible without the generous support of these companies so please support them.

We will serve an inexpensive lunch, e.g. grilled hot dogs, etc on Friday and Saturday. Pilot’s dinner is Saturday night.

Cooler weather is on the way so with any luck we will have the same ideal event conditions that we have enjoyed in the previous 3 years of the event. We focus on hosting a laid back, flyer friendly event so come join the fun!

JS

jsnipes 10-11-2018 06:56 AM

Going to have some nice pilot’s raffle prizes and a few items to auction. Thanks, sponsors!
JS

jsnipes 10-12-2018 12:24 PM

A big THANKS to JPO who joins our sponsorship list ... They will sponsor the JPO Top Gun award that will go to one lucky pilot at our event.

Now more than ever we need our rc jets rights looked after ... the JPO is our voice to the AMA so thanks guys for all you do!

Thanks JPO!

JS

jsnipes 10-13-2018 12:53 PM

Thanks to Horizon Hobby for joining our event sponsors! It goes without saying that they are the best in the business at hobby product distribution and their network of knowledgeable reps are always ready to help us out. Thanks Horizon Hobby!

JS