RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   What's going on with Details 4 Scale? (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11650297-whats-going-details-4-scale.html)

Desertlakesflying 06-18-2018 09:07 AM

What's going on with Details 4 Scale?
 
I ordered a Jacket and Shirt in Tucson and still don't have them yet.

Does anyone else have any problems receiving orders from Details 4 Scale?

EDIT:
Seems there is some administrative turmoil. Please refrain from ordering for now.

smiley59 06-18-2018 09:15 AM

Details 4 scale urgent
 
Due to administer problem please do not place any orders with us until further notice as I am the legal owner of details 4 scale neal smiley of you have placed a order and have not received them please email me @ nealsmiley59@gmail.com thank you

jsnipes 06-18-2018 10:58 AM

The new owners are Marvin and Grace Cooper in Wittmann, AZ. That’s about all I know.

Jamie

Desertlakesflying 06-18-2018 11:10 AM


Originally Posted by jsnipes (Post 12441011)
The new owners are Marvin and Grace Cooper in Wittmann, AZ. That’s about all I know.

Jamie

They are supposed to be running it for Neal Smiley the ONLY legal owner of Details 4 Scale.

Kelly Rohrbach 06-18-2018 12:29 PM

They were at Mississippi and working hard, have you tried to call them??

Desertlakesflying 06-18-2018 12:47 PM

Neal Smiley is the official, and ONLY LEGAL owner of Details 4 Scale. Marvin and Grace are employees. I know Neal personally and he is not happy.

Desertlakesflying 06-18-2018 12:48 PM


Originally Posted by Kelly Rohrbach (Post 12441033)
They were at Mississippi and working hard, have you tried to call them??

Yes I have. Seems like they are trying to steal the company from Neal, and Neal and I close friends so that's probably why.

Auburn02 06-18-2018 01:56 PM

So the owner of the company is a close personal friend but you come to the internet to find out what's up with his company/employees?

As mentioned I can only attest to seeing what they've been doing at a couple events, parts looked good and the folks were nice. I'm not a customer.

Details 4 Scale 06-18-2018 02:10 PM


Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying (Post 12441044)
Neal Smiley is the official, and ONLY LEGAL owner of Details 4 Scale. Marvin and Grace are employees. I know Neal personally and he is not happy.

OK, so I was asked to clarify the question of LEGAL ownership of Details 4 Scale. Since I owned Details 4 Scale, I can say for a fact that Neal Smiley is the person to whom I sold it and that his name is the only name on the sales agreement. Marvin and Grace have been running the business since I sold it to Neal Smiley in January 2018 from then until now. If you want to know more about Marvin and Grace's arrangement with Neal, you can ask Neal. He would be the person to best clarify what the exact arrangement between them happens to be since he now owns the company.

Dan Gill

P.S. Sorry that the reply is under Details 4 Scale...After many,many years as Details 4 Scale on RCU, I do not know how to change my login name since selling the business...

Desertlakesflying 06-18-2018 02:12 PM


Originally Posted by Auburn02 (Post 12441057)
So the owner of the company is a close personal friend but you come to the internet to find out what's up with his company/employees?

As mentioned I can only attest to seeing what they've been doing at a couple events, parts looked good and the folks were nice. I'm not a customer.

Because I was asked to do so by the rightful owner. For some reason he's not able to post under his own username, and I hope JWN can get in there and figure it out soon.

Desertlakesflying 06-18-2018 02:14 PM


Originally Posted by Details 4 Scale (Post 12441060)
OK, so I was asked to clarify the question of LEGAL ownership of Details 4 Scale. Since I owned Details 4 Scale, I can say for a fact that Neal Smiley is the person to whom I sold it and that his name is the only name on the sales agreement. Marvin and Grace have been running the business since I sold it to Neal Smiley in January 2018 from then until now. If you want to know more about Marvin and Grace's arrangement with Neal, you can ask Neal. He would be the person to best clarify what the exact arrangement between them happens to be since he now owns the company.

Dan Gill

P.S. Sorry that the reply is under Details 4 Scale...After many,many years as Details 4 Scale on RCU, I do not know how to change my login name since selling the business...

Any of the moderators can change it for you Dan. Probably send a private message to RCKen is the best bet.

h.hibbler 06-19-2018 07:40 PM

I have had a problem also. Ordered a drag chute system for my F-5 on May 16, was advised by Marv it would ship out on June 2nd. I have been told each time I called a part is on order and now I'm promised the new ship date will be on Monday June 25th. I just learned Neal Smiley is the new owner and there is something shady going on. I have heard great things about Smiley how he helps people cant understand why someone would want to look a gift-horse in the mouth. I have opened a claim with PayPal to obtain a refund of the $335.00. If I receive the part I will notify PayPal and post a reply to the forum. Hopefully what ever is going on will get resolved so we can continue to enjoy the magnificent products Dan created.

smiley59 06-19-2018 11:24 PM

As I am the owner of details4scale we are having some administrative problems please do not place any orders with use until further notice thank you Neal

smiley59 06-19-2018 11:28 PM

If there are any customers who have ordered with us and have not received their orders please contact me @ nealsmiley59@gmail.com thank you

smiley59 06-19-2018 11:32 PM

If you have placed a order and have not received them please contact me at nealsmiley59@gmail.com

FenderBean 06-20-2018 02:50 AM

Hibbler, I lost over 300$, waited and waited. I received the same response “it will be in the mail next week.” I was very patient for about two years. Worst part was I sent all my ordnance and pylons to be copied which destroyed them, I eventually sold the jet and gave up. This was before the new owner so hopefully things change, I know a few people that were waiting on stuff.

FalconWings 06-20-2018 03:41 AM

Had I purchased D4S my first action would have been to re-brand. They have unique products, but also have a lot of pi$$ed customers.

Notably, company is acquired by a third party and is already having "administrative" issues. Seems like the good ol' D4S. So what's new?

raron455 06-20-2018 04:16 AM

Still sounds ike my first and only time dealing with D4S a couple years ago, I was actually given a bogus tracking number. I wouldn't have built my new company off that old name. Dan Gill was a really nice guy and had nice products when you got them just a bad businessman. My 2 cents. Hopefully Marvin and Grace can get customer trust back.

BarracudaHockey 06-20-2018 04:38 AM

Just to clarify, any mod can NOT do a user name change.
1. It can't be done unless there's a really good reason (selling his business is a good reason)
2. It has to go through RCKen and the IB Admins. Send Ken a PM, explain the situation, I'm fairly certain he can get it done for you.

jsnipes 06-20-2018 06:36 AM

Apologies if my post hit a nerve with anyone. I do not know any of the new players involved and was only passing along what I received in an email and I quote ... “Hello! We are the new owners, Marvin and Grace Cooper.”

I will say that they seemed very willing to help me out with the problem that I was having.

Strangely enough ... it looks like the website is down. It was active just the other day. Wonder what that’s about??

JS



Originally Posted by jsnipes (Post 12441011)
The new owners are Marvin and Grace Cooper in Wittmann, AZ. That’s about all I know.

Jamie


ozief16 06-20-2018 06:47 AM

Guys,

i have ordered a few parts and yes they came way later than promised but showed up. Patience might be the name of the game

Dave

FenderBean 06-20-2018 07:02 AM


Originally Posted by ozief16 (Post 12441505)
Guys,

i have ordered a few parts and yes they came way later than promised but showed up. Patience might be the name of the game

Dave

hmmm well this was 2012, waiting a few years is more than patient. Waiting years and not receiving services paid for is called fraud and illegal. Anyway I always like their stuff and anything good for our hobby is a plus but I will not buy from them nor recommend if asked.

ozief16 06-20-2018 07:30 AM

Keith,

i thought the thread was discussing the current owner, not the previous. 2012 certainly was during Dans reign. I was inputting data from the Neal/Marvin timeframe. Sorry for the confusion

Dave

FenderBean 06-20-2018 07:34 AM

you are correct, my bad.

Desertlakesflying 06-20-2018 04:26 PM


Originally Posted by FalconWings (Post 12441463)
Had I purchased D4S my first action would have been to re-brand. They have unique products, but also have a lot of pi$$ed customers.

Notably, company is acquired by a third party and is already having "administrative" issues. Seems like the good ol' D4S. So what's new?

What's new?
A new owner that wants to do things right, who is getting screwed by the people he left in charge.
It was something unforeseen as these are people he has known and trusted for years.
So unlike the last time, this wasn't lack of trying, it was lack of decent people which seems to be a "thing" these days.
But hey bash the new guy trying to dig what can be a great company out of the ashes.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.