RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Jet for 19lb thrust turbine (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11652826-jet-19lb-thrust-turbine.html)

rcmigpilot 08-12-2018 05:11 PM

Jet for 19lb thrust turbine

I've got an older Jet Central Rabbit that puts out 19lbs of thrust and I'm looking for a new plane for it. Right now it's in a Turbinator ARF, but I'm tired of the wrinkled covering and it's time for something new. I've had boomerangs so I'd like to stay away from the twin tail planes, and I've got a 102" Viperjet so not interested in one of the smaller versions. No preference to scale or sport, just needs to be able to fly off 700' of grass.

vquick 08-12-2018 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by rcmigpilot (Post 12454648)
I've got an older Jet Central Rabbit that puts out 19lbs of thrust and I'm looking for a new plane for it. Right now it's in a Turbinator ARF, but I'm tired of the wrinkled covering and it's time for something new. I've had boomerangs so I'd like to stay away from the twin tail planes, and I've got a 102" Viperjet so not interested in one of the smaller versions. No preference to scale or sport, just needs to be able to fly off 700' of grass.

Top RC Cougar will be a good choice if you interested let me know im dealer for this planes

F9 Cougar Scale RC Jet, Jolly Roger / Navy Paint Scheme - Top RC Model USA - RC Scale Warbirds, Jets

raron455 08-12-2018 05:24 PM

I have a newer carbon wing, bearing elevators Fei bao F15 that I picked up from another member earlier this year I was going to build it but things have changed, and my Chevelle is taking priority. The F15 is in the Edward scheme, has some scratches on the bottom of the nose from where the nose wheel pin broke on Landing and slid to a stop, I need to get another pin, the previous owner remove the gear and inspected it all and then reinforced the main gear mounts with some Hysol. It will come with all the servos in it already hooked up, the gear the pipe the tanks, and extra canopy ,canopy frame, a new from the factory Center hatch with an operational air brake, the current hatch does not have the air brake option, a detailed skymaster F-15 cockpit kit, and a full ordinance set for the jet. I'm going to sell it cheap I was going to wait till about the jet rally here in Waco but if you're interested p.m. me 1300 is my bottom dollar more than fair for everything. Like I said if you're interested p.m. me or better yet email me at [email protected], I can take some pix and send

F1 Rocket 08-13-2018 04:30 AM

CARF Joker wound be perfect for that engine

raron455 08-13-2018 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by raron455 (Post 12454652)
I have a newer carbon wing, bearing elevators Fei bao F15 that I picked up from another member earlier this year I was going to build it but things have changed, and my Chevelle is taking priority. The F15 is in the Edward scheme, has some scratches on the bottom of the nose from where the nose wheel pin broke on Landing and slid to a stop, I need to get another pin, the previous owner remove the gear and inspected it all and then reinforced the main gear mounts with some Hysol. It will come with all the servos in it already hooked up, the gear the pipe the tanks, and extra canopy ,canopy frame, a new from the factory Center hatch with an operational air brake, the current hatch does not have the air brake option, a detailed skymaster F-15 cockpit kit, and a full ordinance set for the jet. I'm going to sell it cheap I was going to wait till about the jet rally here in Waco but if you're interested p.m. me 1300 is my bottom dollar more than fair for everything. Like I said if you're interested p.m. me or better yet email me at [email protected], I can take some pix and send

wanted to let all know reading this that my F15 is sold.

rcmigpilot 08-13-2018 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by raron455 (Post 12454652)

Sounds like that might be a bit much for 19lbs, but I'll keep it in mind. If you still have it I'll take a look at it in Waco. Me and Pete will be there with Trump force one, hopefully all the bugs are worked out and it'll fly.

Grodus 08-13-2018 04:52 PM

Have you considered a Flash? I have been flying a classic for years with a 19lb Rabbit and love it.

rcmigpilot 08-14-2018 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Grodus (Post 12454923)
Have you considered a Flash? I have been flying a classic for years with a 19lb Rabbit and love it.

Interesting idea. In Waco either last year or year before last I called a flight for a guy who had a Wren SS in his, seemed to fly pretty good. The main guy I fly with has one with a P-120SX, top speed doesn't seem to be much higher than the SS powered one. The 120 to gets it off our grass strip in about 400', not sure if the Rabbit would be enough to get out of there and still get it stopped if I had to abort a take off. I will say this, Flashes are built like tanks, his has suffered through years of flying almost exclusively from grass and has held up well.

Grodus 08-14-2018 08:12 AM

I fly mostly off pavement but have been very happy with the performance when flown off grass. Off course there will be some weight savings with the smaller turbine, With a 19lb thrust rabbit, think mine is 21lbs with a full UAT. I don’t need the wing tank or any saddle tanks for 7 mins with reserves so there is some additional savings for takeoff weight.

Cody

Kevin_W 08-14-2018 11:26 AM

You should consider a Pirotti Rebel. I have been very impressed with the flight characteristics of Ron Schwarzkopf's and if I ever retire my 17 year old Bobcat that is what I will probably replace it with.

mr_matt 08-14-2018 03:48 PM

The new BVM Super Bandit PnPs look nice, and they are built in the USA. $5200 I think with everything.

JSF-TC 08-14-2018 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by rcmigpilot (Post 12455004)
Interesting idea. In Waco either last year or year before last I called a flight for a guy who had a Wren SS in his, seemed to fly pretty good. The main guy I fly with has one with a P-120SX, top speed doesn't seem to be much higher than the SS powered one. The 120 to gets it off our grass strip in about 400', not sure if the Rabbit would be enough to get out of there and still get it stopped if I had to abort a take off. I will say this, Flashes are built like tanks, his has suffered through years of flying almost exclusively from grass and has held up well.

RCmigpilot - I think you might be referring to my Ultra Flash with a Wren SuperSport. First flight was at the Waco event and I flew it like that for the first year. It was a lovely combination - certainly not overpowered, but a perfectly balanced, smooth combination.

If you were so inclined, you could fly the whole flight wide open throttle and get 8+ mins out of it (main and fuselage saddle tanks), only throttling back to slow down to land. Max speed was around 190mph from the GPS. It would take off and land easily on our 480ftt concrete strip in Fort Worth.

After a year, I replaced the SS with a Merlin 140, to turn it into an overpowered, fire-breathing monster, which after 2 years now feels somewhat sensible;)

Paul