RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Coachella Jet Jam 2019 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11655404-coachella-jet-jam-2019-a.html)

[email protected] 10-15-2018 11:58 AM

Coachella Jet Jam 2019

Gentlemen

It's that time again to post our Poster for the 2019 Coachella Jet Jam.
Our Runway has been completely resurfaced and all cracks filled. Thanks to Dirk from Pacific Jets, he set us up with some wonderful bids.
Please respond to this forum if you will be coming.
This is an OPEN Event to everyone.
Dan
President of CVRCCLUB
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...53a8850c84.jpg

Turbulence 10-17-2018 08:49 AM

I should be there again, real nice low key event.

Ralph

[email protected] 12-19-2018 04:26 PM

Just a quick bump to get our event back on your radar.

February will be here before you know it.

Dan

[email protected] 01-22-2019 01:46 PM

Hi Everyone
We have 5 pre-signups so far.
You can use the pay pal link on our clubs web site. I have two Banana Hobbies fuel cans with pumps, two Plane Stands from them. A Excalibur kit from Mike Lin and more.
It should be a great time for all, Cone Zone will be there for your pilot lunches, included with your registration too.
This year we will have 7 event awards too.
See you February 15/17 2019
Dan
Signup link here, scroll down to the Jet Event
https://squareup.com/store/coachella...-slash-c-club/

rjbob 01-23-2019 12:19 PM

I'll be there.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Alaska Bob

[email protected] 01-23-2019 12:57 PM

Hi Bob
Wow all the way from Anchorage, you will enjoy thawing out down here.
I spoke with Dirk from Pacific Jets and Kingtech. He will be donating a smoke pump and wand, one of their new gorgeous CG stands, and two very valuable discount certificates. Thank you Dirk.
Dirk was very helpful with our resurfacing project of last spring. So come out and enjoy a new smooth surface on our runway.
I think we have almost 20 guys coming so far. Don't forget that you can start arriving early if you wish.
Dan

rjbob 01-23-2019 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 12496667)
Hi Bob
Wow all the way from Anchorage, you will enjoy thawing out down here.
I spoke with Dirk from Pacific Jets and Kingtech. He will be donating a smoke pump and wand, one of their new gorgeous CG stands, and two very valuable discount certificates. Thank you Dirk.
Dirk was very helpful with our resurfacing project of last spring. So come out and enjoy a new smooth surface on our runway.
I think we have almost 20 guys coming so far. Don't forget that you can start arriving early if you wish.
Dan

Cannot wait!

rwilabee 02-04-2019 01:47 PM

Coachella Valley Jet Jam 2019 Update

Here from an update from Dan Metz

Hi Guy's

Everything has been cleaned and smoothed for our Jet Event. Awards are in hand, and Auction items and raffle prizes are ready to go.
We have 3 vendors committed to be here too. Lots of great support from Dirk and Barry from Kingtech, Carrie from Banana Hobbies, Mike Lin is bringing a Excalibur Jet, plus more items from our local Hobby Shop Rob Thomas at Rise Up Hobbytown.
We have over 20 guys coming right now. Long term weather from is great, https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/th...2142527?day=12
Lets hope that forecast holds up.
Dan Cvrc Club.

737Driver 02-04-2019 01:53 PM

I'll be there!! Got the RV all lined up for camping! My 1st time there, really looking forward to it. I'll be toting 3 jets, maybe an extra 1 for sale!!!!

Tom

[email protected] 02-04-2019 03:02 PM

Awesome Tom
Cant wait to meet you. Plenty of parking for your RV too. What plane do you have to sell? Tell everyone about it here.
Dan

ms200a 02-04-2019 03:19 PM

Foamies and non- foamies

Hi, just saw this event, looks fun. Question will there be separation of foam and non- foam Jets? I have, and love both, seems they can get in each other’s way when it gets busy. Was just curious if separating them had been considered. Planning on brining both if the boss approves my vacation slip. Thanks Mike Sheryak, Las Vegas

DAN AVILLA 02-04-2019 03:29 PM

Looking forward to is I should be their Monday . Dan Avilla

[email protected] 02-04-2019 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ms200a (Post 12500023)
Hi, just saw this event, looks fun. Question will there be separation of foam and non- foam Jets? I have, and love both, seems they can get in each other’s way when it gets busy. Was just curious if separating them had been considered. Planning on brining both if the boss approves my vacation slip. Thanks Mike Sheryak, Las Vegas

Hi Mike
We have never done that before but I can ask during the pilots meeting. Perhaps we can set aside 10 minutes out of every hour?
Whats the input from all of you?
Dan

[email protected] 02-04-2019 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by DAN AVILLA (Post 12500024)
Looking forward to is I should be their Monday . Dan Avilla

Hi Dan. Thanks for making the early drive. It should be another great event.
See you in a week.
Dan

737Driver 02-04-2019 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 12500019)
Awesome Tom
Cant wait to meet you. Plenty of parking for your RV too. What plane do you have to sell? Tell everyone about it here.
Dan

hey Dan. I’m looking to sell a Rebel, not a Pro, that will be a bind and fly setup. I have two of them. The one for sale has a Jetcat 140RXi, JR8711 all around, Smart-Fly regulator, Spektrum 12120 RX, 1 Kevlar tank partitioned into two tanks, one side for fuel, one side for smoke, Sullivan smoke pump, air retracts and brakes, two 2S Lipo batts for RX, one 3S life batt for ECU. I’m good with whoever wants to fly whatever. It’s all about fun, fellowship, and flying.

Tom

DrScoles 02-04-2019 09:54 PM

Hey Dan, coming down from Seattle that weekend to work on our house in Palm Desert, i’ll try to stop by... no jets with me, but be fun to visit, and I want to see this field.

Mike

Airforce7 02-19-2019 05:51 PM

MB-339 @ Coachella

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...3a2c97fc2.jpeg
Here is a shot of my new MB-339, which I flew at Coachella for a total of 19 flights over two days including the maiden flight at 8AM Friday morning! Excellent flyer and the smoke is awesome. I plan to hook up a gyro, add more lights and add a bigger smoke tank. She flew on a KT-70G2, flight time was between 7-8 minutes on the stock tank with plenty of fuel left over. Slightly under powered over the top of the loop, but all other maneuvers were great including tail slides, barrel rolls and knife edge.

Dan and crew were great hosts and the field looks great! Thanks for all the hard work.

Had a great time this year with my Dad who spotted for me and collected all my flight tickets.

And thank you to Neil for the awesome jet stand as a result of the auction!

Ken

[email protected] 02-19-2019 06:35 PM

Thank you Ken for posting your fine comments. It was great to see you and your dad take to the skies over and over again.

I want to say thank you to everyone who came besides the weather forecasts, it was stressful to say the least. I will be posting lots of pictures soon.

Thanks again to everyone.
Dan

[email protected] 02-20-2019 04:17 PM

If you are interested here are some great pictures and a Need for Speed Video too... Neal Smiley and Tom Vessie having some fun. Complete with Tom's flame out. All good.
We had 31 pilots and lots of great flying.

Dan

https://www.socalturbines.com/gallery

737Driver 02-20-2019 08:53 PM

Wow Dan! Great pics and a great event! Your field is the field of dreams, what a beautiful location. Thank you so much for a fun event. That video was awesome! I got lucky with my flameout, that I got my baby back unscathed! Thank you and all your help you enlisted to make this a super event. Thank you to all the vendors, PJRC, Bad Boys RC, Global Jets, The Cone Zone, and I’m so sorry if I’m forgetting anyone. Hope to see you guys and your gorgeous field again soon!

Tom

smiley59 02-21-2019 07:46 AM

I would like to thank Dan Metz and the club members from CVRC club for all their hard work for putting on such a wonderful event, what a great flying field. Once again it was great to see Rob from RISE UP HOBBIES out there with his Leonardo helping and answering questions from spectators and pilots what a great gentleman and unbelievable store I recommend everyone should visit. I had a great time once again at Chochella Jet Jam. Thank you to all of the pilots for making this lots of fun, see you next year

lcastilloso-calturbines 02-21-2019 04:47 PM

Hi Dan,As every year you and the CVRCC team did an outstanding job! It is always nice to see these great pilots and top of the line jets flying over the Coachella Jet Jam valley sky! We had a great feedback from visitors and pilots about the field, facilities and how friendly the stuff and pilots were answering questions about the hobby.I want to thank you for the chance to let me setup my booth for So-Cal Turbines. I did not have much time to take more pics and video, but I am so glad that I had the chance to capture the video of Neil and Tom flaying the Ultra flash and Evo, it was a must to watch! I hope that next time you get the chance to fly any of you nine jets :)
Thanks again for the support and looking forward to next year!

Eddie

[email protected] 02-24-2019 02:19 PM

Ok Guys here are some great shots taken at our Jet event last week. This link takes you to our clubs flicker account.

Hope you all enjoy the fine pictures.

Dan

DAN AVILLA 02-26-2019 08:04 AM

This is one of my favorite events. You all do a great job. Dan