RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Wren again ....... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11660001-wren-again.html)

modtron 01-29-2019 07:44 AM

Wren again .......

I'm afraid Its not looking good this time.
Web site and facebook page are all down, no one answering the phones again and companies house now has them as going into voluntary liquidation on 16th Jan,.
The registered office address has been transferred from Barnsley to a debt management company in Upminster.

modtron
Oxford UK

siclick33 01-29-2019 08:47 AM

I wonder if they will resurface again in couple of days, with a new name, like they did last time?

HarryC 01-29-2019 09:38 AM

I was told last year that Mike Murphy had left, the loss of their one remaining R&D person meant it could not go on anyway.

joeflyer 01-29-2019 11:19 AM

Mike was still there at the end of October 2018. I exchanged emails with him at that time.

Joe

Dave Wilshere 01-29-2019 11:55 AM

I was told they were going again early Jan. normally it would be sad, but what they did before was wrong! The way the model market has gone it’s not really surprising.

Nige321 01-29-2019 12:33 PM

I have it on good authority that a buyer is in the wings and they will be back under NEW ownership... They have been doing well with university demonstration engines. The issue is that the guy running the place had no interest or knowledge of the model trade, possibly why the phones went unanswered.

Dave Wilshere 01-29-2019 12:52 PM

I was told that too...but sounds like more money burnt.

Nige321 01-29-2019 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere (Post 12498229)
I was told that too...but sounds like more money burnt.

Perhaps, but I'd put money on them concentrating on the 44heli and the university stuff...

Jgwright 01-30-2019 02:19 AM

The full details are on Companies House, I am amazed it has taken this long. For anyone wanting Wren repairs I can only suggest Paul Hardman Turbine solutions at Jet Central Sales and Service, Fuel Tubing, Pneumatic Fittings, RC Jets - Turbine Solutions

Nige321 02-01-2019 06:12 AM

Things are moving...

hk3957w 02-01-2019 06:58 PM

mike and his friend stole me 4000 usd, taking advantage because I am in other country. worry about people who have wren engine obviously because need support and maintenance, worry about other people who was stole by tony ratcliffe and mike. everyone work hard to get stuff like engines like wren, for me was very sad. in the life if you make deliberately wrong decision like stole people you are going to fail. I not happy with this but is good to know they are not going to stole people again.

Jgwright 02-02-2019 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by hk3957w (Post 12499286)
mike and his friend stole me 4000 usd, taking advantage because I am in other country. worry about people who have wren engine obviously because need support and maintenance, worry about other people who was stole by tony ratcliffe and mike. everyone work hard to get stuff like engines like wren, for me was very sad. in the life if you make deliberately wrong decision like stole people you are going to fail. I not happy with this but is good to know they are not going to stole people again.

You need to be corrected here, Mike has only been an employee of the company for some time. From the 12 March 1918 he ceased to be a person in significant control of the company. Tony Ratcliffe took over from 1 April 2018, he has been solely responsible from that date.
Tony put the company into Liquidation and appointed a liquidator to liquidate the company on 20 Dec 2018. It is now the responsibility of the Liquidator to handle it from now on. There is a statement of assets and Liabilities on Companies House register. There does not appear to be any small unsecured customer creditors like you. I suggest that you contact the Liquidator and register your amount owing. The site with the information you need is

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

You may need a friend with fluent English to help. It does seem a bit strange that you are not un the list of unsecured creditors. People that have paid for goods not delivered should have been listed on page B of the statement.
I suppose one possible reason may be simply that the records were in a hopeless mess and Tony did not know who had paid for goods not delivered. It is important that you register your claim as soon as possible and this applies to anyone else who is in the same situation as you.

John Wright

j.duncker 02-02-2019 06:27 AM

I would normally delete post 11 as 'bashing' but in the light of the constructive advice offered in post 12 I will leave it up

LGM Graphix 02-02-2019 08:30 AM

At the end of the day it's a shame to see one of the pioneers in turbine modeling go through this but there have been enough issues in the past with the company going through this that after this time around will it really be viewed as a viable company? With other less expensive options out there what would direct a modeler to want to buy from a company that has been in this position before, pulled themselves up and back there again.
sometimes perhaps it's better to just call it. I realize that it is somebody's business and that they have probably invested their life in it, I speak from personal experience when I say that after years of struggling, it's sometimes better to admit the mismanagement, admit defeat, make up for your mistakes and move on to something else. I utterly failed in my guitar building business by becoming too busy, scheduling poorly and falling months, even years behind on some projects. As I got deeper into missed deadlines and saw myself falling, being called a flake on the internet, nasty emails and phone calls from customers, I fell into a depression and lost the drive. I foolishly pressed on, taking deposits and failing to deliver. Finally I shut it down. Paid all my debts back to people by selling equipment, personal items, and taking a loan. Not to try to save my business, but to at least clear my conscience. I still make mistakes in my current business, fortunately not the same ones though.
I tell myself often that making the same mistake over and over and expecting different results is foolish and will only lead to failure.

speed is life 02-02-2019 08:57 AM

hk3759w/Javier,
This is a very unfortunate situation for you and you have indeed suffered a loss.
That said; several things come to mind:
1) Wren clearly did not inspect the shipment for damage possibly done by HM Customs before logging it into their shop.
2) It is an unfortunate fact that you shipped from a country that is very high on Customs inspectors “interest” level. HM Customs inspectors may have suspected something hidden inside the turbine, hence drilled “inspection holes” and made no note of that action on the shipment. (Refer back to point #1)
3) It sounds like you did not properly insure the turbine for full replacement value?

Not defending Wren here, they did bear responsibility for blindly accepting the package without checking for damage in transit or by Customs inspectors. That said, it does not seem that Wren intentionally stole from you or cheated you.
Sorry.......(refer to point #3)
- Mike

Nige321 02-02-2019 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix (Post 12499395)
At the end of the day it's a shame to see one of the pioneers in turbine modeling go through this but there have been enough issues in the past with the company going through this that after this time around will it really be viewed as a viable company? With other less expensive options out there what would direct a modeler to want to buy from a company that has been in this position before, pulled themselves up and back there again.
sometimes perhaps it's better to just call it. I realize that it is somebody's business and that they have probably invested their life in it, I speak from personal experience when I say that after years of struggling, it's sometimes better to admit the mismanagement, admit defeat, make up for your mistakes and move on to something else. I utterly failed in my guitar building business by becoming too busy, scheduling poorly and falling months, even years behind on some projects. As I got deeper into missed deadlines and saw myself falling, being called a flake on the internet, nasty emails and phone calls from customers, I fell into a depression and lost the drive. I foolishly pressed on, taking deposits and failing to deliver. Finally I shut it down. Paid all my debts back to people by selling equipment, personal items, and taking a loan. Not to try to save my business, but to at least clear my conscience. I still make mistakes in my current business, fortunately not the same ones though.
I tell myself often that making the same mistake over and over and expecting different results is foolish and will only lead to failure.

Mike was always the first to admit he was an engineer, not a businessman...

Don't forget they have a unique design in the 44heli engine, and the university teaching rigs they make have been very popular.

The current issue seems to have been the latest owner knowing sod all about the model trade...

j.duncker 02-04-2019 02:42 PM

I have removed several recent posts which were bashing in my view. I will leave post 11 up.

robson63pilot 02-04-2019 02:49 PM

shock

I read and I can not believe !!! hk3957w I well sorry :(

RockiesGuy 02-06-2019 10:54 AM

Wren 100k

And now that iw as planning on selling my NIB old stock 100k (the green one before the "D" model...

But I can't sell it without a booklet,,, does anybody have one can make a cop off or can part with?

Let me know..

mz

hk3957w 02-07-2019 11:28 AM

ok