RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Wren Engines now Turbine Solutions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11662039-wren-engines-now-turbine-solutions.html)

IB 03-13-2019 03:03 AM

Wren Engines now Turbine Solutions

Hello all,
I'm posting this on behalf of Paul Hardman, He is having logging in issues to RCU. I know we all wish him every success in taking over Wrnens products.

Special Announcement

Turbine Solutions are pleased to announce the asset acquisition of Wren Power Systems Ltd. Enabling us to offer a greater range of turbine products and services from our base in Barnsley
A new company has been established to merge operations.
Turbine Power Solutions Ltd will trade as Turbine Solutions, and will be managed by myself and Mr Colin Stephenson as Co Directors.
We will be developing and manufacturing a range of turbines, building on the current Wren range as well as providing support for ALL Wren turbines, past & present, including servicing and repairs.
However, we are Not Wren and all engines will eventually be rebranded TS and will be fully warranted to our exacting standards.
We are currently working hard to get the new ecommerce website established, but encourage you to email enquiries to [email protected] to enable our prompt response.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your past support which has encouraged us to make this commitment in creating a leading provider of turbines and support services and look forward to welcoming your enquiries in due course.

Paul Hardman

Ian B.

Rich Few 03-13-2019 05:18 AM

As wren owner that's great news. I wish you well with this new venture.
Richard

alasdair 03-13-2019 02:35 PM

Good news Paul. I hope you do well.
Will you go back to green anodising, by the way?
I still have a couple of well used 54 Mk3s, two used Jubilees and an unrun 100 and unrun 44 (gas start), so it's nice to know support is still there.

NZjet 03-13-2019 06:37 PM

I would distance yourself and product as far away from wren as possible. Change the colours, many don't and won't forget the Wren saga's

stegl 03-14-2019 07:44 AM

It’s great that Wren products, namely the turboprops (and turbines)will continue to exist with parts and service. Don’t have a problem with any name changes down the road if that is the case but do strongly hope that there will be links from all the old information into the new name models so that when one needs external parts such as thermo couples, fuels pumps , ECU replacements and starters ; that the info will be available.

Thanks Turbine Solutions for picking up the reins and continuing with a great product. Any chance of there being a North American service outlet down the road ?

IB 03-14-2019 07:48 AM

I spoke to Paul this morning and he’s still having issues with RCU and can’t access this site, however, he’s said if anyone has a question please to e-mail him on the link shown in his statement, he will answer all queries and also that engine production is now underway.

Gordon W 03-14-2019 09:57 AM

That's really excellent news that existing Wren engines will continue to be supported and that a new range of TS turbines is in the pipeline. It would also be very helpful if the Wren range of tailpipes was to continue to be made to order.

A big WELL DONE to Paul and Colin and all at Turbine solutions!!

Gordon

euan galloway 03-14-2019 10:32 AM

For those unfamiliar with Paul at turbine solutions he has been a wealth of knowledge and has offered support to those of us running Wren turbines here in the UK , he will go above and beyond most to solve any issues we have had and his service and repairs have always been to a high standard and at reasonable costs .
Wren under its last management and ownership was at its best very poor and dragged down a reputable brand with Paul moving the company forwards I can see a bright successful future and wish him and Colin all the best and I look forward to a new TS turbine in a future jet ,
Euan Galloway

[email protected] 06-14-2019 12:42 PM

Best wishes to Paul & Colin from all at the RAF St Mawgan model flying club. Fantastic news for all 'turbine' flyers in the UK and at last we can look forward to some 'home grown' products from a very knowledgeable turbine engineer. After all, Paul did work with 'the best of the best'; who else of course, the famous Reds! We look forward to our continued cracking service and sincerely hope that you gain the support and success that you deserve.

highhorse 06-28-2019 02:58 PM

Disappointed. It seems as if the individual at Turbine Solutions who can’t seem to access RCU also can’t access his email.

I have an old but low-time Wren SS is like to have updated and converted to kero. An initial inquiry resulted in a response from Paul that yes, they can make the conversion and update my ECU...just send it to them.

However, multiple follow up requests for pricing information have yielded..... Zip. Absolutely no response at all.

I can’t be expected to do business with an outfit that won’t at least estimate pricing for their services or respond in any way to repeated queries for same. Darn shame, as I’d like to have had this work done.

horsefeetky 06-28-2019 04:54 PM

you know mike murphy from wren is now a partner with gaspar at xicoy in spain.. maybe you can check that route for upgrades and service..
i warn you i have found upgrades often cost half or more of that of a new turbine purchase.. buy a swiwin from jetwerx rc and be happy...........price is right

Jgwright 06-28-2019 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by highhorse (Post 12534298)
Disappointed. It seems as if the individual at Turbine Solutions who can’t seem to access RCU also can’t access his email.

I have an old but low-time Wren SS is like to have updated and converted to kero. An initial inquiry resulted in a response from Paul that yes, they can make the conversion and update my ECU...just send it to them.

However, multiple follow up requests for pricing information have yielded..... Zip. Absolutely no response at all.

I can’t be expected to do business with an outfit that won’t at least estimate pricing for their services or respond in any way to repeated queries for same. Darn shame, as I’d like to have had this work done.

You are being a bit hard on him! I was speaking with Paul yesterday, he has only just moved premises and has been very busy. There are lots of repairs at this time of year and on top of that he has had to set up manufacturing for all the parts for the engines. All you need is a little patience and understanding.

John

Jgwright 06-29-2019 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by horsefeetky (Post 12534317)
you know mike murphy from wren is now a partner with gaspar at xicoy in spain.. maybe you can check that route for upgrades and service..
i warn you i have found upgrades often cost half or more of that of a new turbine purchase.. buy a swiwin from jetwerx rc and be happy...........price is right

Not sure where you get your information.

Mike gave up control of the company then known as Wren Power systems Ltd in March 2018. He left the company later in the year and in Jan 2019 the company went into voluntary liquidation. All the assets of the company, spare parts, machinery and the rights to make the engines was sold by the Liquidator to Paul and his partner. They have moved premises since then. Given that, it is unlikely Mike would be in a position to upgrade or repair.

John

JP-1 06-29-2019 04:36 AM

Quote from Xicoy's "About us" website
The X45 ran first time in August 2018. During these tests the engine show high potential, exceding the initial design goal. Plans were quickly made to transform the personal project in to a mass produced product.

In the next month work and progressed, a substantial investment was done to manufacture the molds for mass production of castings for the turbine wheel and stator.
A chance opportunity arose where a colleague of many years was looking for a new challenge and was able to join Gaspar to share the workload and assist this development and others to follow. The colleague is Mike Murphy, formally of Wren Turbines. This fertile collaboration has brought two lots of jet engine experience together to pool skills and create some new ideas and projects to bring to the market.

David Gladwin 06-29-2019 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by JP-1 (Post 12534380)
Quote from Xicoy's "About us" website
The X45 ran first time in August 2018. During these tests the engine show high potential, exceding the initial design goal. Plans were quickly made to transform the personal project in to a mass produced product.

In the next month work and progressed, a substantial investment was done to manufacture the molds for mass production of castings for the turbine wheel and stator.
A chance opportunity arose where a colleague of many years was looking for a new challenge and was able to join Gaspar to share the workload and assist this development and others to follow. The colleague is Mike Murphy, formally of Wren Turbines. This fertile collaboration has brought two lots of jet engine experience together to pool skills and create some new ideas and projects to bring to the market.

........and the result is brilliant. Mine ran, installed in a Savex L 39, for the first time yesterday, it will fly tomorrow.

No ( model ) jet engine has impressed me more !

Gaspar and Mike working together, should, will, result in some great engines.

Wren SS to kero, dead easy, did it myself.

horsefeetky 06-29-2019 04:14 PM

what a gem of a turbine at the same size as k30 but tons more power and less support parts the ones it has are super tiny too...

and 60 grams lighter than k30 just in turbine units alone not to mention the less weight of the ecu and pump..

really 10 pounds of thrust from this tiny bugger