RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   L39/Wren 44 Pics and video (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/1396336-l39-wren-44-pics-video.html)

GrayUK 01-02-2004 03:54 PM

L39/Wren 44 Pics and video

1 Attachment(s)
COUPLE MORE

SJN 01-02-2004 06:10 PM

RE: L39/Wren 44 Pics and video

How long time did it take from when you ordered the plane, until it arrived ?

SJ.

GrayUK 01-02-2004 07:16 PM

about 4 weeks, you place order and pay he gives delivery date, when shipped he gives tracking details.

SJN 01-02-2004 08:22 PM

Thanks. Ordered and paid for 2 planes 2 months ago.

I guess they wil be here soon, even though he said late November, early december.

SJ.

vik 01-03-2004 03:30 PM

Those L-39 are from Savex?

SJN 01-03-2004 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep...

SJ.

Ali 01-04-2004 02:43 AM

SJN
I think you may have come across the same problem as I have. I saw GrayUK fly this L-39 last summer, and wanted to get one. They looked the same as a model that I used to import into the uk some years ago for electric fan. I was not keen to order because when I last dealt with this company they were very slow and unreliable. GrayUk assured me that his and his Friends L-39 took no more than 4 weeks. So I thought that things must have changed so I contacted the manufacturers and asked if they weer making a turbine version. I was told that they were so I ordered 6 of these. This was the second week in August and I was told it would be no longer than 6 weeks. To this day after 14 emails I have only received two of these kits. I keep emailing and asking when but I keep getting excuses.
To make a long story short I think the problem comes in that there is more than one place. I do not know who is who but all I can tell you is that the person who I am dealing with via email is called Axel, and I am pretty sure the person who Grayuk is dealing with is somebody else. Another problem is that the models from Axel are built totally different to those that GrayUk have. GrayUK's models are carbon inside the moulding where as the others that I got were balsawood. There weer also other differences. My advice to people is be careful where you get your L-39 from. One place seems very good with good service, fast delivery and cheap price, and the other is slow service, not so good quality and high price. Why is it always the second place that I get lumbered with?
Regards Al

ossie 01-04-2004 03:21 AM

Bugger, I was thinking about the Savex L39.
My luck is just likes yours Al, no doubt I suffer the same especially from this part of the world.
Cheers
Ken

SJN 01-04-2004 06:47 AM

Rats..... I hate when this happenes.

Al, did you order via this e-mail adress? :
[email protected]

I have written to Valcav Sadlo. I think he is the right guy.
But I too have written 5 e-mails without getting a reply.
But then I wrote one again after the new year, and got this:

Hello
any while you will consignment.
Thank for patience.
Sincerely yours
Vaclav Sadlo

I think everything is ok.....I hope so.

What does "consignment" mean ?

SJ.

GrayUK 01-04-2004 03:01 PM

I only found out about this from ALI.

Go to www.savex.cz request quotation for L39 turbine version for retracts, rudder and flaps pick cour scheme from web site
He will e mail back a quote.

Pay money, he gives shipping date.

I have had 2 of these from him, one friend had ordered 3 and another 2. All arrived pretty well on time and with no problems.

I understand this other guy used to work at Savex and has gone off on his own, don't know the reasons but the product is not as good and he seems to be unreliable.

GrayUK 01-04-2004 03:11 PM

You ordered from the right place, his English is not great, he has a friend that helps him but i don't think he is there all the time.
I believe he is trying to say thanks for being patient, all is well with your order.
From my experience he will e mail you when order is shipped and supply's tracking number.

Hope this helps.

GrayUK 01-04-2004 03:13 PM

Looking at it again i think he is saying he will ship in a short time thanks for you patience.

GrayUK 01-04-2004 03:15 PM

Ossie

Dont worry, just make sure you order from correct web site (details above) it will be worth it!

SJN 01-04-2004 03:21 PM

Thanks GrayUK.

Ill put up some pics of the kit when it arrives.

SJ.

SJN 01-04-2004 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here`s the pricelist:

Hello
We don´t supply legs and wheels, the wing is prepared for the Springair 300
retrcs .
John G Wright from Wren Team is currently building the L39 for the MW44 so
we are in contact with him and we are making reinforcements that he suggest
for the turbine version of the L39.

L39 is manufactured in several different designs:
1. Al silver, painted inside mold 240,-Eur.
2. Al silver, prepared for retracs 270,-Eur.
3. For turbine, the fuze and wing is reiforcet with carbon so it can
withstand more stress and heat + 50,-Eur.
4. Different air-brush designs, as on our web site + 80,-Eur (www.savex.cz)
5. For EDF there is full GFK ducting for 90 - 94 mm diameter fans (MOKI) or
90-94,7mm (Shubeller, Schloser) + 50,-Eur
6. Landing Flaps + 20,-Eur , rudder + 10,-Eur
7.Air post / parcel post ...40,-Eur

We can sell the kit directli to you. No problem. We don´t take credit cards
so when you order you will recive a invoice that you pay via banktransfer,
we will ship a kit to you after we have recived your payment , we can´t
acept VISA paiment. You will have to pay with a bank transfer to our bank
acount..
All planes are made after order so it can take couple of weeks. You will get
your deliveri date when you order.
Send your adress so you can get a correct amount with shipment.
Our L-39 can fly with this size of turbine, for this purpose the airframe is
reinforcet with carbon fibre on moste critikal places so it will withstand
g- forces at high¨speed aerobatic manuvers. This is our third generation of
the L-39 ( Turbine ) wiht all the improvments that have been made fourth
the years.
Sincerely yours
Vaclav Sadlo

sky warrior 01-04-2004 05:32 PM

pllease delete

sky warrior 01-04-2004 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: sky warrior

Hey that Grey he OK and tells the truth that Vaclav Saldo is an OK guy who produces a fine product and as Grey knows I ordered one shortly after he and "Jo the Jet wheelchair". It arrived within 3 weeks just as described by Grey.
I had a stupid shunt with that one and ordered 2 more airframes (carbon turbine versions) which arrived in 5 weeks around Nov. this time a little longer, but hopefully this was due to Vaclav being inundated with orders for his great product. I have built the originals replacement and flown it around twenty flights now and its a great flier ( which is something I am not ), which says a lot about the Savex/ Wren combo.
The tale of Ali's order is a sorry one for Vaclav because who ever supplied Ali ( who I am sure bought in good faith) could color Vaclavs product in a sorry way and that would be sad, as he makes a great product, and we look forward to a few more airframe /types from this team at [email protected]
I am sure he has had his production problems but have faith if you are dealing with this man as he OK. Just like Grey he OK too !!

GJr. 01-04-2004 06:11 PM

Just a quick comment about the L-39. I had the pleasure of watching it fly at Lake Wales, Florida with a Wren MW 44 turbine on several flights. The plane and turbine flew great and never missed a beat. I looked at the plane up close and it was impressive for an ARF type, quality looked good. They also make an F-16 of similar size. Too bad there is not a US distributor.

SJN 01-04-2004 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What about these then ?

http://www.schreiner-savex.de

there is an f-18 too. looks great.

look at the agent list. There is a dealer in the US too.

SJ.

GrayUK 01-05-2004 07:36 AM

This is the web site of (the other guy) the one that seems to be causing the problems (see Ali's post)

The correct one is www.savez.cz

GrayUK 01-05-2004 07:44 AM

sorry

www.savex.cz

GrayUK 01-06-2004 04:20 PM

Hi Ossie
In response to your PM

No problem, the kit is excellent, painted as you want. Canopy is finished. There is no building work to do, just assembly. All control surfaces are hinged, retract mounts in wing, cut outs for nose wheel.
I have drawn an engine mount for the MW44 which, if used as described on the drawings, sets the thrust angle etc.

When you order engine, also get the Wren tailpipe for the L39.

If you want drawings or photo's let me know i will e-mail them to you.
The Wren tailpipe is a new development and actually increases thrust in the aircraft! I get over 8.5lb thrust in the plane.
Hope this helps.

GrayUK 01-06-2004 04:56 PM

Go your PM

Will send info asked for.

The fuel tanks used in the L39 can be the one that comes with the Wren 44 but i have used 2 x 1/2 litre converted shampoo bottles! yes i know but they work really well.

Will send pics as requested.

Laura H 01-07-2004 04:29 AM

Paul,
So when are you going to get a deccent plane....:D (only joking)
Whens the MW54 on order then.

Laura

GrayUK 01-07-2004 07:34 AM

Hi happy new year.

I am very happy with the 44 at the moment, i find the whole concept of the 'small jet' so much nicer than the larger ones.
As you know i have owned and flown them in the past, but the simplicity of the 44 and the L39 means it has become a 'Sunday fly model' from any field.
Makes going flying so much easier, i have done more turbine flying in the last 6 months than i think i did in the previous 2 years.

I may get a Wren 54 Supersport if i can find the right model, but at the moment, i may buy another 44.

See you soon.

P