RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Byron F-15 Eagle (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/1926580-byron-f-15-eagle.html)

Jetflyer15 06-22-2004 07:17 PM

Byron F-15 Eagle

Does anybody have any information about or websites i can got to on the Byron F-15 Eagle twin ducted fan plane. I was taking a look at the one that was sold in the marketplace and it doesn't look that bad:). Thanks, Gary.

rongreg13 06-22-2004 07:30 PM

RE: Byron F-15 Eagle

Send me your questions and I'll try to help you out.
Ron

Jetflyer15 06-22-2004 07:37 PM

Hey Ron, I'm gary. First of all, do you have one of these planes? I want to build a jet. Ducted fan or turbine, it doesn't matter. Basically I want to know everything about this jet, from power to retracts to size to scale options and pictures and price. Is there a website that has this plane on it? I want to know everything I can find out about this jet.
Thanks, Gary.

grbaker 06-22-2004 09:41 PM

The Byron F-15 is no longer in production. Iron Bay Model Company owns all the tooling and the rights to produce the kit, but I don't believe it's available yet.

http://www.ironbaymodelcompany.com/index.html

rongreg13 06-23-2004 11:30 AM

Gary,
Shoot me an email at rongreg13@zoomtown.com. I've had two F-15's and just sold one of them here on RCU recently. I'd be glad to share my experience with the plane.
Ron

Jetflyer15 06-23-2004 12:00 PM

Hey Ron, just sent you an e-mail. One more big question that I forgot to ask you is how do you like this plane and how does she fly. Thanks for the help, Gary.

patf 06-23-2004 02:22 PM

deleted

grbaker 06-23-2004 02:23 PM

Pat
I thought those were the Mach2 molds in Austin.

Jetflyer15 06-23-2004 02:32 PM

So then nobody makes this model and it's out of production? I really hope not. When I saw this plane, it was something I just had to have:).

jroth 06-23-2004 03:47 PM

Hi,

The Byron F-15 was the best flying ducted fan plane I have ever flown, I flew mine on 2 OS 91 engines. It took 300' of paved runway to take-off, but once it was on step, the plane could be flown on 1 engine. The F-15 tracked true, and grooved. I can not say enough good things about this plane. The worst part about the Byron F-15 was the ducted fan engines, pipes, fuel system, and the landing gear, wheels and brakes.

When I converted from ducted fan planes to turbines, I tried to sell my F-15, but I could not get anyone to pay $1500 RTF.

I have purchased a bifracuated exhaust pipe, gutted and split the fuselage, now I have to remove the econocote from the wings and stabs, or remake them, then I will put a 30# turbine in it.

It is a really nice plane if you can find one, I am surprised that it is not in production.

I have all of the Byron documentation, if you need it, give me your fax #.

John

BluFox 06-23-2004 03:50 PM

Iron Bay Model Company is supporting the F-15 with parts as I write. The complete kit of the F-15 will be available within 3 months and it will be complete as it was before. Turbine conversion is available. Simply call Iron Bay (www.ironbaymodelcompany.com) and asked to be put on their wait list. They do not want any deposit and will call you when ready to ship. Hope this helps!

Eric Clapp
Striking Back Airshow
89-90-91

Jetflyer15 06-23-2004 08:40 PM

Thank you for all the help and info guys. So Eric, you are saying that I could get a f-15 from Iron Bay in about three months:D:D:D? You don't know how happy that makes me:D:D:D. When I saw this model, it was something I just HAD TO HAVE. Thanks guys and please keep me posted. Gary.

BluFox 06-23-2004 09:26 PM

Gary. . .
Call them up and put your name on the F-15 list. They will call you when it is time to ship and at that time, give them your payment method. In the mean time, I have all the instruction manuals in my collection and would be glad to answer any questions. I am in Florida as well; and you are located?
Cheers,
Eric

Jetflyer15 06-23-2004 09:43 PM

Hey Eric. The main question I have now is how much does the jet cost? I'm in the Pompano Beach area. Oh.... a couple more questions. How many hatches does she have? And, doesn't the main landing gear get in the way of the airflow to the fans? Thank you for the help, Gary.

BluFox 06-24-2004 07:41 AM

As designed, the mains do not interfere with the fans. As I have not seen the Turbine conversion engineered drawings, I do not know whether it will be single or twin. My guess is it will be similiar to Skymasters and be a single with bifurcated tailpipe. The last production kit had a single hatch which allowed access to both fans when starting or performing simple maintenance. The previous kit had removable flying surfaces for ease of transportation. As for the price, please check with the folks at Iron Bay. Email me at blufox45ec@aol.com and I will scan several pages and email them back to you.
Hope all this helps. Note: all F-15 airframes on the market today have their owner/pilot raving about their flight characteristics so regardless of choice of mfg, I am sure you will be rewarded with hours upon hours of Turbine flight. Just align yourself with the right person to be your Turbine mentor as I have.

Jetflyer15 06-24-2004 08:15 AM

Hey Eric. I'm going to have to get back to you with a e-mail later on tonight. Gonna go flying today.:D:D:D. I'm going to bring out my Yellow Aircraft F-16 and my Aermacchi:D:D:D:D. I will get back to you later on tonight. See ya, Gary.;)

flynaples 06-29-2004 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hey guys hello eric remember me i had a engine for sale???

i am in florida also naples i have 2 byron f-15's one is almost ready to fly needed to redo alot of things to get it flying bought it off here from a guy name bob piche in new york bob gave me a bad deal but i have fixed all the problems that it had
anyhow i also have another one that i might be buliding a turbine out of. i took with ironbay about a month ago about the release of the f-15 and they said they really didn't know if it was going to be out till next year when did you talk to them

they never said anything about a waiting list hmmm well they also was talking aboutr the f-16 coming out soon

these models are really big and a great flyer

thanks Robert "mongoose"

F9FFlyer 06-29-2004 11:45 PM

The last time I talked to Iron Bay ,about 6 months ago, they had no idea when or if they would kit any of the Byron Jets. I know the guys that have the Mach 2 molds for the big F-15. there for sale with two sets of scale gear and two sets of sport gear. Asking $6000.00 for everthing and will deliver them for exspence to drive and deliver them. Anyone interrested can email me and I`ll put you in contact with them. Ken

HORNETONE 07-01-2004 11:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also have one with an Olympus laying around but too many projects going on and never got time to work on it . Just to post some pics of the kit for you to view ...
Sonny !

wb2sru 01-14-2015 08:05 AM

I have the kit new in box with OS- 77Vr engins . kit also has retracts and tuned pipes.

funflyerf4 01-15-2015 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wb2sru (Post 11961288)
I have the kit new in box with OS- 77Vr engins . kit also has retracts and tuned pipes.

Hey wb2 Check you in box I left you a number to call I'm interested in the plane.I am not to far from you.