RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Bellow are some photos of my new Viperjet II [:D][8D][&:] (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/2163518-bellow-some-photos-my-new-viperjet-ii-%5B-d%5D%5B8d%5D%5B-%5D.html)

Miguel Santana 09-10-2004 04:28 PM

Bellow are some photos of my new Viperjet II [:D][8D][&:]

1 Attachment(s)
Bellow are some photos of my new Viperjet II :D[8D][&:]
...napkin available for those who start to watering their mouth :D:D...
Already ordered a new bed....for my wife[sm=lol.gif]

Ok, this is what we got in the menu:

Pictures #1 are the new custom made retracts and landing gears, very cool... see that the scissor's struts are oriented to one side, not the the rear....

Picture #2.....oh,oh....Cermark and Tamjets are joining partner. A friend from...China (?)explained to me that Cermark own part of Spark Model manufactor at China. Cermark and Spark Model give to TamJets 100% support for making a better products in many year to come...wao. New Viper Jet and all the latest upcomming jet kit sold under Tamjets and Cermark are R&D and supervise by Tamjets...

Picture # 3....Double sandwich plywood for spar former...strong ahh?:)

#4 Extra former on the rear fuse for support

#5 Long wings spar channel with 6 screw and bolt.-

cont....

SAP_2000 09-10-2004 04:50 PM

RE: Bellow are some photos of my new Viperjet II [:D][8D][&:]

Looks very good indeed, Miguel![sm=thumbup.gif]

Loved the new gear and struts.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] They look good! Do you know if the new struts will fit on the 'old' type Viper wings, and if the struts plug directly in to the retracts 1/2'' (no piano wire)??

When do you get it?

Miguel Santana 09-10-2004 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
a few more shots....

#6 Nose gear former pre-install by factory...
#7 Double thick aluminum spars...let talk about G's now :)
#8 the wing with new design pin hinges ailerons and flaps...no more gap seal! [sm=thumbup.gif]
#9 The Fin with A LOT OF carbon fiber layup inside the skin...
#10 ....the inner rear fuselage view....

I'll start assembling soon [:o].... A few friends and I along with our friend Alexdu are putting toguether a new shop....can't wait [&:]:)[[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]sm=bananahead.gif]

Best Regards,

Miguel

Miguel Santana 09-10-2004 05:05 PM

I you hurry up....you can catch up dinner at my house have a few beers and see this cool toy....:D

The new struts are not going to fit in the old wings, due they are not bended aft....but I think Tam is going have availible new set of wings for those who might want to chnage them.
Send him an e-mail and confirm this.....

Piano wire is not require to install the sturt to the gear. They are 1/2" diameter.

Regards,

Miguel

forgot this one...

#11 Stab, again with A LOT OF carbon fiver layup inside the skin and also using regular pin hinges for elevator

Miguel Santana 09-10-2004 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hey...when editing a post....RCU is not letting add pictures.....??
forgot this one...
++++++++++

#11 Stab, again with A LOT OF carbon fiver layup inside the skin and also using regular pin hinges for elevator

SAP_2000 09-10-2004 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good to hear!

My Viper wings are made for staight struts, so theese new struts will fit as long as they are the same lenght as before.:D

Would you please be so kind and meassure the axle diameter for the mains for me...? :eek:
Also meassure the lenght of the main strut from the axle to the top whithout the part that goes in to the retract??

tamjets 09-10-2004 07:07 PM

Staale,
I send you email regarding size.
But forget to mention. This struts are design to fit offset retract.
Your retract can't be fit. The aircylinder is in the way.
Tam

ORIGINAL: SAP_2000

Good to hear!

My Viper wings are made for staight struts, so theese new struts will fit as long as they are the same lenght as before.:D

Would you please be so kind and meassure the axle diameter for the mains for me...? :eek:
Also meassure the lenght of the main strut from the axle to the top whithout the part that goes in to the retract??

Danger38 09-11-2004 09:32 AM

Looks good Miguel I am jelous becasue I haven't got my Super Viper yet,I got my old viper here where I damaged a right wing and I am going crazy becasue I cannot fly her she was a great flying machine and looking forward to the getting the new one,any updates on when Super Viper going to invade US shores??? like I said I going crazy to fly the viper[&o][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

Gordon Mc 09-11-2004 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Miguel Santana
#7 Double thick aluminum spars...let talk about G's now :)
Looks pretty solid.

Appologies if this has been asked & answered already, but how does the weight of the new Viper compare with that of the old one ? (Not that the Viper has ever been heavy, but I'm just curious as to what effect all of the strengthening has had on AUW).

For the new gear - interesting that the scissors go sideways rather than fore & aft. Any articular reason (that you know of) for this ?

Thanks,
Gordon

tamjets 09-11-2004 12:07 PM

Gordon,
The new Viper weight almost a pound heavier. I add strenght to some area and reduce fiberclass layup other area to compensate the weight.
Main struts have scissor on the side for a reason. If the scissor are in the front are back. When the retract go up. It will hit on the side.
Tam

Gordon Mc 09-11-2004 01:36 PM

Cool - based on the way the original flew, the aircraft should not notice an extra pound.

Judging by the enormous amount of testing that I've seen you put into your products, I have to believe that this improved Viper will be great value for money.

Good luck with it,
Gordon

siclick33 09-12-2004 07:14 AM

Cermark website states the price of the Viperjet II to be $1400. Is this not significantly more than the older version? It looks like an awesome plane but if I that price is true then a lot more options become available than would have been the case than for the price of the older version.

Maybe then new version comes with other parts as standard?

Please let us know.

tamjets 09-12-2004 11:03 AM

The price increase due to new tooling cost, more cost on material and my time travel to china to make all this happen. $1400 including winglets, fuel tanks, venture fins and bypass. The old price $995 don't include this part. So the price increase is not much for what we put in to the new Viper Jet.
We also will have combo price with landing gear and tailpipe very soon.

Brg,
Tam

Miguel Santana 09-13-2004 08:10 AM

Sap,
Nose strut are 5 5/8" from axel to the top.
Main are 4 5/8" from axel to the top.
There both using 3/16 axel.
There is also a set ofcustom made wheels for the Viper Jet using BVM O-ring brake system ;)....but I don't have them yet [:o]
Regards,
Miguel

Miguel Santana 09-13-2004 08:34 AM

Danger38,
I can't wait to put it thing toguether [&:] and fly it.
I consider my self lucky for having mine now ;):)
Regarding the Viper weight....my previous one ended with 22 pounds dry....know 23 pounds....still excellent!
Thanks,
Miguel

tamjets 09-13-2004 12:27 PM

Miguel,
Is your scale correct? My weight 25 and the new one should weight little over 26 pound.
Brg,
Tam

ORIGINAL: Miguel Santana

Danger38,
I can't wait to put it thing toguether [&:] and fly it.
I consider my self lucky for having mine now ;):)
Regarding the Viper weight....my previous one ended with 22 pounds dry....know 23 pounds....still excellent!
Thanks,
Miguel

Danger38 09-13-2004 01:33 PM

Tam mine came out about 23 pounds but i did not have a smoke system on mine.either and did not have to add any weight to balance it and when it was test flown no trim needed I hope i get this lucky with the new viper.

Robert