RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Nitro models pusher Bobcat? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/4588799-nitro-models-pusher-bobcat.html)

rcavi8ter 10-26-2006 02:51 PM

RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Yes but this comes with retracts and no mods needed to add them. Time is money to me.

aaviles 10-26-2006 03:00 PM

Yes Sir,:D I prepared to buy and put in this BVM .91

The Bush 10-26-2006 05:04 PM

I asked the UK dealer which is the best one for turbine conversion and he told me to be careful this one is not as strong as the Bobcat, it has an all built up construction rather than a moulded fuselage etc.

B58 10-26-2006 05:39 PM

Mine is finally ready to fly, with OS .91FX and a cut down 14x7 3 blade prop. Needed a bit of lead in the nose to balance at 10". I just mounted a plastic servo box and filled it with shot until balance was right, then added epoxy. I ran the engine and this this is going to scream. I am sure you could exceed the airframe limits fairly easy with this engine. It is very light though. Maiden sunday maybe. Bob

aaviles 10-26-2006 06:46 PM

B58 how you see the construction?

johnnyjet 10-26-2006 07:23 PM

B58

Your will love the os 91 on this bird.
Do a remote needle it will pay off in the long run.
Johnny

Jim Cattanach 10-27-2006 01:06 AM

I e-mailed Nitromodels to enquire about the Bobcat & they told me they do not ship internationaly.

How do you guys outside the US get one?
Is there a UK dealer?

Edit:- Just found an earlier post www.Raidentech.com
This company ship international. Unfortunately they are out of stock at present.

Regards

Jim

The Bush 10-27-2006 07:43 AM

Jascat 100

UK Dealer
Is there a UK dealer?

UK Dealer
http://www.wholesaleplanes.co.uk

Regards
The Bush

Jim Cattanach 10-27-2006 08:16 AM

Many thanks.

Regards

Jim

knowcrash 10-27-2006 08:22 AM

i had a thunder tiger .91 with a pipe on mine. it flew nice but did not seem to fly the way i thought a jet should. i figured out how to put my .81 rossi ducted fan motor with the pipe on it and now it flys realllllly fast. this engine comes with an onboard needle valve and fine tuning is a snap. it uses more gas than the tiger so the flight ended prematurely and i had a crash landing in the corn field. while repairs were in progress (just a little balsa on the leading edge of the right wing) i bent some 5/32 piano wire to see if i could reinforce the landing gear. can't wait to get back to the field.

davidsai 10-27-2006 11:24 AM

hi there it sounds like a fun plane a rossi, can we see pictures of the plane and of the fixed landing gear
regards
david

XJet 10-27-2006 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Jascat100
This company ship international. Unfortunately they are out of stock at present.
Be very careful about Raidentech. I ordered stuff from them for international shipment and they *gouged* me badly on the freight (charged *ten times* what it actually cost and told me it would be sent by courier when it actually arrived (many, many weeks later) by mail.

DocYates 10-27-2006 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: m2energysolutions

Hi,
Anyone got a byron fan shroud that they want to get rid of cheap?

Thanks!

Dave
I have some old DF stuff, engine, fan and shroud with pipe, which might work for this thing. You can PM me and see if it is something you want to use.
Tommy

gregmax 10-27-2006 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Jascat100

I e-mailed Nitromodels to enquire about the Bobcat & they told me they do not ship internationaly.

Is there a UK dealer?

Regards

Jim
Jim, look at post 220 and 221!!

Even the dealer in Denmark are selling for only £120........................Just noticed that the UK dealer has it for £169.99 ($306) plus shipping.[:o]

I asked Raidentech about shipping and got the reply "due to the post office's International shipping size limit, we can not ship out the item to your country"[:o][:o]

Greg

gregmax 10-27-2006 04:28 PM

How about an even smaller Bobcat lookalike

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/vdiamond.htm

Review

http://www.rcg****s.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554872

International shipping not a problem ;)

Greg

johnnyjet 10-27-2006 04:55 PM

knowcrash

Your right about the .81 Rossi ducted fan motor 2 of them have put me down.

One lost a rod the other broke the crank off in flight.
Has any one ever heard of such?

I have been buying them up lately because their selling dirt cheep.

I am working a bid on one now but I am hoping it will not go thought.
In Hine site I could have bought a new os 91 ducted fan motor by now.

Johnny

knowcrash 10-27-2006 05:36 PM

i have two. one used i put on the bobcat. i bid on a brand new one a while back and got if the 89.00. talking about dirt cheap.

Wayne22 10-27-2006 11:29 PM

Funny they can ship from China to California, but can't go any further .....[sm=drowning.gif]

The shipping box measures 43" x 16.5" x 8.5" . There are lots of ways of shipping a box that size...just depends on how much you are prepared to pay. I'd suggest finding someone in the US that would be willing to take delivery of it for you, and turn around and ship it to you.

Jim Cattanach 10-28-2006 12:22 AM

Thanks guys for the info.
The UK dealer has no stock. Does anyone have a link to the agent in Denmark?

Regards

Jim

gehr2box 10-31-2006 09:43 PM

Have one under construction. First thing I did was to get rid of that ugly green stripe on the nose and replace it with a red one (rustoleum matched the red canopy trim).

I have been debating motor options in my head. I'm a firm believer in light is better.

Retracts, while cool and speedy are extra weight and add reliability issues. Never mind the extra cost.

I have put large 2 strokes on small planes and the results (aside from thick winged 3d designs with 4stroke motors) have been unlimited vertical and poor low speed handling (due to the added weight of the bigger motor). More power does not appear to mean more speed. At least in the cases I have encountered.

For the price you can't beat the OS 46ax for power/weight. I was all set to buy it when I read about the OS 55ax. One ounce more weight then the 46 and 15% more power with the same mounting dimentions. There are better and more pwoerful motors to be had, but I am not looking for ultimate speed (and empty wallet), just a go fast fun flying cool looking jet wannabe.

I'll let you all know how it runs and flys.

noddy181 11-01-2006 01:21 AM

I aggree, I have flown mine about 2 dozen times now and am more than happy with the TT46 Pro I fitted, so much so that I bought a brand new one after the first weekend out and fitted it in. After running in, I put on a APC 9 x 6 and the performance is fantastic.
I had a TT 61 Pro but to fit this would bring the wing loading up from 23 OZ to 29 OZ, I dont like trying to glide bricks if you get a dead stick, I am trying to work out how to lose some of the 5 OZ I have in the nose to make it lighter.
The possible solution arrived today, a brand new OS RSP pylon motor, lighter more HP and 24000 RPM, I am going to bring the header thru the fuse and mount the pipe underneath to better streamline the model as well as mold up some servo covers for the ailerons and rudder servos to cut down drag.
I would even like to build a balsa built up 2/3rds size and fit it up with a OS 21 marine motor (30000 RPM) and fit a wemotec 90 mm fan.

Jackjet 11-01-2006 03:13 AM

Need a high pitch prop ?
Use a Byron ducted fan rotor- works great.
NO shroud required.
hope this helps you.

Jackjet

The Bush 11-01-2006 04:13 AM

Got this email from another uk agent:

"Hi mate,

Just for your information, the first UK dealer to have the Bobcat (back in September) was www.planenutz.co.uk who still have plenty in stock at £165. RCM&E will be reviewing it shortly for Plane Nutz Ltd.

Pete"

Regards
The Bush

Jim Cattanach 11-01-2006 04:31 AM

I have ordered 2 direct from the manufacturer in China.

$85 each + $220 express mail service for the 2.

Works out at £102 each.

Regards

Jim

The Bush 11-01-2006 06:57 AM

Jim
details of the manafacture in china please?