RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Would you buy a Skymaster Jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/5051429-would-you-buy-skymaster-jet.html)

MaJ. Woody 11-28-2006 09:11 PM

Would you buy a Skymaster Jet

I have been reading all the posts regarding Skymaster and it's dealers and it is a bit confusing. What it sounds like is that by cutting off it's loyal dealer network Skymaster has left a bad taste in everyones mouth. But is there more to the story? Are the jets quality kits that are worth buying? I for one am looking for a new jet to work on this winter and was considering a Skymaster F-18. The old version can be had at a decent price and there is also the new ARF Plus line. There are not a lot of ARF's out there for immediate purchase and taking Skymaster out of the equation leaves even fewer options.

So the question is:

Would you buy a Skymaster kit? Is there anything wrong with them?

Thanks!!
Dom

Airforce7 11-28-2006 09:37 PM

RE: Would you buy a Skymaster Jet

Yes I'd buy one, likely an ARF Plus though. I've read all the recent posts too. There are a lot of good jets popping up on RCU for sale right now as well. Maybe I just start there for a second jet... or maybe keep saving and fly my Rookie until the wings come off. :)

AirPac Models 11-28-2006 10:13 PM

We have a lot new ARF Plus F-16 (1/8), Gripen and some old models for very good price. AirPac will keep support new and existing customers.

mikuk 11-29-2006 06:07 AM

Not unless the quality has improved since the Hawk I helped build.

adrian-RCU 11-29-2006 06:16 AM

YES!!

Spartan Missile 11-29-2006 07:02 AM

Only if I can order it from a reputable Model shop here in the U.K. and pay by credit card for security.

I'm not wiring $K halfway round the world to some shed in China. IF I get screwed, I can do nothing about it.
Does SM Direct accept credit cards ?

Redline7000 11-29-2006 09:20 AM

I don't own a Skymaster jet. I have a R54 which I am completing and a BVM Bobcat which one day I'll get to building.
I believe in supporting our hobby "stores" whether it be Tam's or Dreamworks or whomever you buy your jets and supplies from. Apparently, Skymaster does not. Since our point of views do not concur, I will continue to support or stores and not buy a Skymaster jet until they change their new marketing policy.

artchristic1 07-21-2009 10:07 PM

Hi Everyone;

Yes, it is a very good and solid kit. Straight out of the box and balanced as per manual
I put it into the air. I only needed a bit of down trim on the elevators.
I bought the large F-16 and it flies like a charm.
Yes, it is difficult to imagine giving a card number on an E-Mail but that’s life.
It is not like before.
My next kit will be the big SU-27 from FB Jets.
The cost of the middle man will change and raise the price of all the European companies who build some of the best kits.
Keep it simple I say.

Zagzoo 07-21-2009 10:34 PM

I am going to buy one soon, either the F-4 1/9th scale or the xtreme BD5J.

blackcat 07-21-2009 11:59 PM

yep, great flying models, thats all that matters isn't it?

LGM Graphix 07-22-2009 12:14 AM

Man, when guys dig up old threads, check the original post date on them, :)

Gordon Mc 07-22-2009 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

Since this odd behaviour is not uncommon, maybe we need Marc to do some software magic to automatically lock any threads that have not been posted to in the last 12 months ? :D;)

AndyAndrews 07-22-2009 09:58 AM

lol, old thread comming out from the dead.

LGM Graphix 07-22-2009 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

Since this odd behaviour is not uncommon, maybe we need Marc to do some software magic to automatically lock any threads that have not been posted to in the last 12 months ? :D;)

You got that right Gordon, frustrating sometimes when you see the 4+ year old threads come up and you read until half way through before you realize haha.

erbroens 07-22-2009 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

I don´t know if this is really necessary.. it is interesting (and sometimes funny) revisit old threads just to check out how things have changed.

Enrique

jimngu 07-23-2009 03:42 AM

Yes ! I like the detail works , very nice :D

davo580 07-23-2009 07:08 AM

nothing wrong with the skymaster kits I have a grippen plus and it is great

two dogs 07-23-2009 07:29 AM

YES.........have bought and flown 7 kits

AndyAndrews 07-23-2009 09:45 AM

Question is would you buy one today? I would.

Duncan 07-23-2009 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Spartan Missile

Only if I can order it from a reputable Model shop here in the U.K. and pay by credit card for security.

I'm not wiring $K halfway round the world to some shed in China. IF I get screwed, I can do nothing about it.
Does SM Direct accept credit cards ?
Al's Hobbies are the uk dealer, so you wouldn't have to worry about sending money to china

AMA234 07-23-2009 12:18 PM

Speaking of Xtreme Jets, who carries the line of Xtreme jets anyway? I cannot find anything online about them and would like more info on their BD5.

Thanks,
Les

RCI/Skymaster 07-23-2009 12:28 PM

We can get you the X-treme jets line as well.

What do you want to know abou the BD-5?

PaulD 07-23-2009 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: skymaster-usa

Jeff,

It would be nice if there was more information about the skymaster/x-treme jets on the web-site.

If you need to ask what, just think of what any builder would like to see when trying to make a decision on which plane to buy so that they can feel informed and comforable with thier purchase and sending thier money in advance of receiving the plane. More pictures, specs, a specific list of what comes with the kit.

The Dragon has the manual on line which is very helpfull but pdf would be better than a whole bunch of jpgs.

Thanks,

PaulD

3DHELINUT 07-23-2009 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: skymaster-usa

Jeff any update on the F-86 rt wing i ordered in slyblazers colors. I am just trying to get some form of an update on a ETA.

Thanks
Alan

raptor23 08-11-2009 07:04 PM

fei bao much better work and at a great price