RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   JetLegend F-16 (1/8) Testflight (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/5822484-jetlegend-f-16-1-8-testflight.html)

Alex wong 06-02-2010 05:54 AM

RE: JetLegend F-16 (1/8) Testflight

My F16 Maiden Flight....Fuel run out.. too long on ground[:o] ...Lucky only front landing gear need to change some small part..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNC6WTTtZrY

Thanks for watch..

extra 300 06-02-2010 08:23 AM

Next time, try to use an external tank for start up and a timer for your flight toprevent flame out from running out of fuel.
Glad to see that your damages were minimal. Nevertheles, check fuse and internal parts for hidden cracks to be on the safe side.

Regards,

AndyAndrews 06-02-2010 08:42 AM

alexwong1878 — April 26, 2010 — 11-04-2010 Flying Field Kuala Baram. and Thanks to Camera man : Syafiq Dahlan

Really? omg...

Alex wong 06-03-2010 05:51 AM

ORIGINAL: extra 300

Next time, try to use an external tank for start up and a timer for your flight toprevent flame out from running out of fuel.
Glad to see that your damages were minimal. Nevertheles, check fuse and internal parts for hidden cracks to be on the safe side.

Regards,
Thank you:... Extra 300

Alex wong 06-03-2010 05:55 AM

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

alexwong1878 — April 26, 2010 — 11-04-2010 Flying Field Kuala Baram. and Thanks to Camera man : Syafiq Dahlan

Really? omg...
Yes. AndyAndrews.... really Oh my god.....n lucky is small damage..order part at JL Mr Yang..

Thanks

carl.huxford125 11-13-2010 04:35 PM

Hi,

I am in the middle of building the jetlegend F16, i have got to the point of testing the undercarriage and one of the small un-lock rams on the mains is leaking[:o], can anybody tell me how to remove it from the leg,

Cheers

Carl

hymie42 11-13-2010 05:04 PM

Hi Carl,

I struggled quite a bit with mine initially, eventually squirted some 'O' lube in the system and now I retain enough air to cycle the gear 3-4 weeks after the last pump.

Depends how bad the leak actually is.

You could also look at one of the new JetTronic valves - they switch off the air 15 seconds after cycling, which is a nice safety net :)

I also use a gear failsafe in all my air up/down models - worth it.

The UK dealer - zedjet.com - should be able to help too.

Good luck,

Dave

carl.huxford125 11-14-2010 04:49 AM

Cheers Dave,

I have tried putting lube in the system, but the leak is bad enough to stop the u/c from cycling.

If i put side pressure on the the leak does stop and the undercarriage functions ok.

Carl

jeff sewell 11-14-2010 05:03 AM

Carl,

I have the spare complete locking arm for these....drop me a mail.

Cheers

Jeff

carl.huxford125 11-14-2010 05:37 AM

Cheers Jeff, mail sent

FalconWings 11-14-2010 12:00 PM

I need a new nose gear. Called GJC they took my info but never gave me a quote.
Does anyone know where else I can procure one?

So much for Global Jet Club. [:@]

jeff sewell 11-14-2010 03:07 PM

Odd...GJC are usually pretty hot - try Camlex?

Jeff

mikedenilin 11-14-2010 09:17 PM

Hi Falconwings,

Like Jeff said, we are pretty good in replying to any request. What's your name so I can search our customer service's file and let you know? We can get you any JL parts. Thanks,

Mike

mikedenilin 11-14-2010 09:21 PM

Hi Falconwings,

Try this email [email protected] so your request is sent to me directly instead of going through our customer service. Thank you.

Mike

FalconWings 11-14-2010 10:07 PM

Mike I called directly and a lady took my info.
I will email you directly.

Thanks,

David Rosado

mikedenilin 11-15-2010 12:04 AM

Hi Dave,

That explains it. Sometimes the air space between 2 ears is bigger than expected. ;)

Mike

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Mike I called directly and a lady took my info.
I will email you directly.

Thanks,

David Rosado

FalconWings 11-15-2010 09:01 AM

I'm standing down, we've got positive contact. :)

Thanks Mike!

sweetpea01 11-15-2010 09:18 AM

Man.....I still need to finish my GJC F-16.

Damn life needs to stop getting in the way of my R/C

Mark Huffman 11-15-2010 11:55 AM

Does anyone have a picture of how they did the hinges on their flight controls? This is the first build I've done where the ailerons and rudder fit inside a shelf area. I have another set of ailerons and rudder coming as I was not happy with the hinge job I did on my first set. It appears that some material needs to be removed from the leading edge of the flight control so that the hingepin can sit further in the control surface and allow the control to move without binding on the shelf it sits in. I don't want to mess up another set.

marineA4 11-15-2010 04:30 PM

Hi Mark,

Orlando here!

You shouldnt need any removal of material on the control surface. Sometimes all it takes is taking the paint under the cuff section that is exposed on the T/E portion of the wing where the control surface goes. Try sanding some paint and working it little by little to get a little more movement.

You can always shoot me an email and I can help you out.
[email protected]

Name sounds familiar and I think I might have helped you out with the sale of your F-16 if not mistaken. Correct me if i'm wrong
I can give you more info if you'd like. My F-16 has been my favorite all time airframe at the moment.

Regards,

Orlando

Mark Huffman 11-16-2010 11:44 AM

Orlando,

Thanks. You are correct. You helped me late last year with some questions regarding aileron servo placement. I will try the sanding idea and see how that works.

I have another question about the nose gear. Mine will turn 45-50 degrees to the right and stay there. But to the left, it will only go about 20 degrees and that is with constant pressure to get it there. It appears there is a shimmy damper but it is in a fixed position. Is there any way to adjust this or even it out? Or is this normal?

Countryboy 11-16-2010 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Mark Huffman

Does anyone have a picture of how they did the hinges on their flight controls? This is the first build I've done where the ailerons and rudder fit inside a shelf area. I have another set of ailerons and rudder coming as I was not happy with the hinge job I did on my first set. It appears that some material needs to be removed from the leading edge of the flight control so that the hingepin can sit further in the control surface and allow the control to move without binding on the shelf it sits in. I don't want to mess up another set.
Without a picture of your existing hinge job, my speculation is that there were no existing hinge slots in the control surfaces and you merely drilled the leading edges and flushed the hinge pin to the leading edge. Is this correct or were your hinges installed like the ones shown in this photo?

http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics...?ts=1280028262

Mark Huffman 11-16-2010 08:03 PM

You are correct in your speculation. Your picture is what I was thinking is the correct way. I saw a different model F-16 that had the hinges done as shown in your picture and that's what made me think there was a better way.

Countryboy 11-17-2010 07:38 AM

Mark,

With your previous description of your problem, I sort of thought that may have been the problem. The hinge pin needs to be in the center of the radius and even then, it is not uncommon for one to have to trim the skins back that create the pocket for the leading edge of the control surface. Sometimes this has to be done to allow enough throw even when the hinges are correct.

Heatseeker_Hill 04-01-2011 02:12 AM

would this bird be ok on just elevons ? No flaps or rudder ? I am just nailing one together so any tips or changes I could make ?