RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   A few pics from Wroughton (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/5943833-few-pics-wroughton.html)

Andy Aldridge 08-07-2011 01:25 AM

RE: A few pics from Wroughton

Lipstick on a pighttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ular_smile.gif. But then i have always loved pigs !!!!!!

bigplumbs 08-07-2011 01:33 AM

ORIGINAL: CJ2002

And the ones Lozza took of my Foxjet...

I have to say your foxjet looks very nice inded in that scheme with the tip tanks. It has in my view transformed that airframe

Dennis

CJ2002 09-26-2011 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Superb day today...weather flat calm, nice cloud cover keeping the sun out of the way, and good company.

Put another nine flights on my Foxjet, Harry Curzon flew his Typhoon and demonstrated its characteristic 'skidding' high-G turns and also a convincing high-angle of attack pass...all good stuff. Geoff had his Hawk out and Nick Smith creamed his Bandit around in style! Andy Bailey had several flights with his electric Habu (looked good) and Andy Sylvester set up his newly Weatronic equipped Eurosport (second pic shows Harry on the Notebook checking the giga control gen after range checks!). A few pics...

Fortune7 09-26-2011 01:33 PM

Dick,

Thanks to all you guys for a great day at Wroughton with superb support and a few laughs. Despite my fuel system issues (self inflicted all) I got everything done and reassembled, just in time for Geoff to put the best flight it'll see for a good while - until he flies it again, no doubt. Confidence now at a high in the knowledge of a near-perfect Rf link courtesy of Weatronics and Harry's tutorial. No excuses now, let's burn some paraffin!

Cheers, Andy

Geoff White 10-02-2011 01:24 PM

Just got back from another fines days flying at Wroughton enjoying the last throes of summer.

Today we had Dick(Foxjet), Jamie Cuff(Bobcat), Harry Curzon(Eurofighter), Laurie Hughes(Phoenix), Ian Bailey(Elan), Andrew Kayes(Bobcat), David Ruskin(CARF Hawk), Andy Silvester(CARF Eurosport), Andrew Bailey(Habu 32) and finally yours truely with my Ultra Lightning.

Have a few images that I would load if RCU allowed me to!

Dave Wilshere 10-02-2011 10:24 PM

Big G.

Exactly, great day at Chalgrove, wasted an evening trying to post[:@]

D

Geoff White 10-03-2011 12:06 AM

Ah that explains it...we are all wondering if the world is going to end as there's no 'Chalgrove Jet Fest' thread:)

marc s 10-03-2011 12:17 AM

Its a small faf but if you open a Photobucket account, which is simple, upload your pictures there then once done if you copy the IMG link from the picture you want to post you can simply paste onto the thread and there's your image.

Just did this on the UAT thread and have to say its probably quicker in the long run than the traditional way (which is not playing ball)

marcs

CJ2002 10-03-2011 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few...Jamie and Bobcat, David's Goshawk, Harry's Typhoon, my Foxo, Andrew's Bobcat, Lawrie's Phoenix and a very happy Jamie! A good chillaxed day out.

lozza1965 10-03-2011 08:52 AM

A real enjoyable day out cheers guys, nice to not be behind the camera for once

lozza

CJ2002 10-03-2011 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: lozza1965

A real enjoyable day out cheers guys, nice to not be behind the camera for once

lozza
Good to see you Loz...poor Phoenix pic was taken with compact camera...enjoyed the steam train stuff...bet Geoff gets all horny about it! :D

Geoff White 10-03-2011 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So RCU will now allow me to load some random piccies.

The sixth photo shows our trainspotting nerd Laurie.
Notice the very gay looking chair that Jamie was using to keep out of the sun. All it needed is 4 wheels and it would be a perfect vehicle for him...a pram :D
Final photo is one of Dick as I am tired of him taking photos of me!

Geoff.

David J Ruskin 10-03-2011 11:06 AM

Great pictures Geoff, was a great day as my first at Wroughton................thanks to everyone for being cool.

Dave Wilshere 10-03-2011 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Geoff White

So RCU will now allow me to load some random piccies.

The sixth photo shows our trainspotting nerd Laurie.
Notice the very gay looking chair that Jamie was using to keep out of the sun. All it needed is 4 wheels and it would be a perfect vehicle for him...a pram :D
Final photo is one of Dick as I am tired of him taking photos of me!

Geoff.
Lot a lot of chairs in those pixs, must remember mine if I ever get to use my membership!;)

D

CJ2002 10-03-2011 01:03 PM

Thing is Dave, you missed the best bit of all yesterday...one of Ian Bailey's ultra-brill cream cakes...had an 'Ian' sized slice at 2pm and never needed to eat again all day...fantastic! Ian, we're going to miss you (and the cake!) You need to pass your baking skills on to Chris!

Cheers,

Dick

Dave Wilshere 10-03-2011 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: CJ2002

Thing is Dave, you missed the best bit of all yesterday...one of Ian Bailey's ultra-brill cream cakes...had an 'Ian' sized slice at 2pm and never needed to eat again all day...fantastic! Ian, we're going to miss you (and the cake!) You need to pass your baking skills on to Chris!

Cheers,

Dick

Dick I took a "William" size bag of Jelly Beans to Chalgrove, with the smug thought that I could actually eat them with the boy in Spain...btsd Trevor eat them with Howarth[:@]

D

lozza1965 10-03-2011 02:21 PM

Oh Geoff how could you, just embrace it like you did Ians cake, you know you want to, glad someone got a shot of Jamies Spaz chair (can i say that !! oh well ) though, get Geoff one for when he comes train spotting with me lol

IB 10-04-2011 02:13 AM

Guys,

I think that was my last flying session as a club member at Wroughton, been a member since 1989 and have seen ducted fans, then Ian Stockdale with the first JPX in the country, all the way from the early turbines to what we have today. Fantastic !

Miss Management will take orders for the cakes and post them down if you all get withdrawal symptoms, I somehow cannot see my son Chris baking !

Anyhow, off to pastures new in the frozen north, house contracts exchanged and I hear the rumble in the far distance of the removals van........see you all at the JMA events and Classic Jets and expect an invite to fly as a guest at Wroughton when down in the softy south.

Au Revoir all.

Ian Bailey

Geoff White 10-04-2011 04:24 AM

Ian,

Its been a pleasure flying with you at WTN and I look forward to your away day visits to us 'down south' modellers:D
If we get withdrawl symptoms, I might have to bake a cake for us all to devoir.....now that would be a sight.

Geoff.

johnls 10-04-2011 09:07 AM

Its been nice flying with you Ian. I'll see you around the meetings, no doubt.

John

CJ2002 10-04-2011 10:18 AM

It's going to be good up there Ian...they've put running water and flush loos in most new-builds, and electric gets laid on soon! Not sure we should allow you to escape and subject those poor Northern chaps to your jokes though!

It's been a pleasure Ian - look fwd to flying with you again, either down here or up there - and remember to mark JetPower on your calendar for next year.

Au Revoir,

Dick

CJ2002 11-06-2011 05:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Brill day at Wtn yesterday...the first taste of winter brought out Trapper White's hat and I put flight #100 on my Foxjet!

Cheers,

Dick

bigplumbs 11-06-2011 05:24 AM

ORIGINAL: marc s

Its a small faf but if you open a Photobucket account, which is simple, upload your pictures there then once done if you copy the IMG link from the picture you want to post you can simply paste onto the thread and there's your image.

Just did this on the UAT thread and have to say its probably quicker in the long run than the traditional way (which is not playing ball)

marcs

That is true Mark but also if there becomes problems with the Photo bucket account or other issues all you get on the threads on here are little red crosses. Very anoying when you are reading the comment about a problem but cant see the pic

Regards

Dennis

Geoff White 11-06-2011 05:43 AM

Isn't that amazing Dick, just looked backed and I posted a bunch of photos from a month ago and we were in shirt sleeves and yet, yesterday the cold gear came out!

Trapper White.

lozza1965 11-06-2011 07:36 AM

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

ORIGINAL: marc s

marcs

That is true Mark but also if there becomes problems with the Photo bucket account or other issues all you get on the threads on here are little red crosses. Very anoying when you are reading the comment about a problem but cant see the pic

Regards

Dennis
Dennis photobucket and flickr are the two I use and never had an issue with either, the red crosses only appear when you exceed your allocated monthly bandwidth (two many people looking at them), but if you purchase a pro account for either of these sites then its unlimited bandwidth, just renewed both of mine about 15 quid each, peanuts to a jet flyer.

Dick congrats on No 100, flew the Sbach yesterday wish I'd had come up now, BTW Typhoon will be ready for your magic touch by appprox Wed good buddy lol, kettle on, food of your choice, even the misses if you promise to do a good job on the Tiffe, bring Geoff he can watch lol.

lozza

Hope she don't read this