RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   New Comp ARF A4 Skyhawk surfaces (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/7111578-new-comp-arf-a4-skyhawk-surfaces.html)

Dave Wilshere 03-01-2008 12:30 PM

RE: New Comp ARF A4 Skyhawk surfaces

Guys

Seeing this model is designed for competition work the detail has to be slightly bigger than scale for it to show up!
Different competitions have different distances that the model is judged from.

When Comp ARF paint the first one we will see just how good it looks...

Dave Wilshere

skyhawknut 03-01-2008 02:46 PM

Looks really good...........drop dead gorgeous in fact!

When they do paint it - just make sure they put a SCALE paint job on it. Not this phony red and white (there were no red and white single seaters). I can't stand that![:@]

weasel33 03-01-2008 04:13 PM

l

lesterpk 08-02-2008 06:19 AM

Real shame about the lip on the wing behind the LE slat though. The full size aircraft had no recess for the slat, the TE just thinned to almost nothing and sat on top of the smooth curve of the wing.

JPZ 08-04-2008 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all
GREAT flights at JETCAT meeting 2 weeks ago

JPZ
ZN
CARF rep

bang68 11-09-2008 03:59 PM

Hello !

Does anybody know if it can be flown with a P200 and still keeping a bit margin to 25 kg wet ?

Peter B

Doug Cronkhite 11-09-2008 06:18 PM

OK.. this might come off as nit picking.. but it really drives me nuts when I see someone build a nice airplane like that yet leave out important details.

1) The Blue Angels A-4 had the slats bolted shut. They would never be seen in this configuration on one of their aircraft.
2) The leading edge of the horizontal stab and vertical fin also had a section of polished aluminum.
3) The landing gear and wheel hubs should be painted white. They were not left in their natural metal color.
4) The end of the refueling probe was polished to a mirror finish just like the wing, stab, and fin leading edges.

bang68 04-12-2009 03:17 PM

Hello !

Slats are operated by one servo in each wing and spoilers are operated with one aircylinder in each wing also !

Hope it answers your question !

Peter B

JustJets 10-23-2010 11:09 PM

Is there a Instruction Manual yet? Or a ref, just picked one up and need something. Thanks in advance.

bang68 10-25-2010 09:13 AM

Hey !

Nope sorry no manual from Carf !

Mine is nearly done and ready for painting after some loong thinking and super help from Dave Wilshere (Motors & Rotors)

Anyway when you are done with it - it is the most sexy plane in the RC jet word ;)

Peter Bang

check6ii 10-25-2010 09:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Rider-60

Is it me or the Nose/cockpit area looks all wrong? [&:]
Nope, not just you! Def. appears out of scale.

JustJets 10-25-2010 10:38 AM

Agreed, best looking! Hope your first flights go well. When you get it dialed in could you please give me your C.G, control throws, final expo's and flying weight....

Phil<br type="_moz" />

lavi rider 10-25-2010 04:06 PM

Yep... I would love to have that info as well.

Felix72 01-14-2011 12:04 AM

How about this model?

is it finish or not? I see no manual available on the website, that make me think that the model is still in develop!
Do they got some problem along the road?

Gianluca

fred cesquim 03-22-2012 06:06 PM

hello fellow builders
i have started mine one week ago!
so far had worked on the wings:
l/g installed
doors working
have replaced the "live hinge" of the main gear door for a proper hinge made of several small du-bro dinges running through a single piano wire(looks great and works perfectly
slats working
flap and spoiler working too
pictures to follow
i would like to know other builders progress!
all the best
Fred

tonyreis 12-04-2019 11:34 AM

Hello friend, I am starting the assembly of my A4 Carf, but I realized that the landing gear is weak spring, how do I change? thank you!

affas 02-15-2020 01:12 PM

Anyone that can help me with a manual so I can finish my second hand A4?
The plane is ready so I do need suggestions for CG, deflection, how to on the speedbrakes, slats etc