RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Flyeagle F18F (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/7749224-flyeagle-f18f.html)

jws_aces 06-06-2013 04:25 AM

RE: Flyeagle F18F

ORIGINAL: EDFJim

Some flying at E-jets after hours.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K_K_m8sfFcA

Nice flying Jim

savasn 07-23-2013 02:34 AM

I have just bought the FE F118 1/7th scale jet, and really looking forward to flying it.
just a quick heads up
will a Kingtech 170G pull it nicely

jws_aces 07-23-2013 04:54 AM

I am flying on the 180 and it is almost to much... The 170 should be pefect.

I fly at half throttle most of the flight

savasn 07-23-2013 05:11 AM

Hi thanks for promplnreply
im gonna read this entire thread, as I'm sure lots of info to use

passagealanglaise 07-25-2013 01:19 AM

hello all<div>I'm working on a f18 1/7 too</div><div>
</div><div>https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v...623_195832.jpg
</div><div>
</div><div>https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Z...o/f-18+008.jpg
</div><div>
</div>

passagealanglaise 07-26-2013 03:42 AM

Mono trust tube <div>https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-j...725_131619.jpg
</div>

ash 26 07-26-2013 03:49 AM

I used a single tube as well not as much noise and no loss of power:) I got mine of Turbo Didi for the P 200
where about are you in the south of France will be over there in August

cheers

Andy

alanjets 11-13-2014 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a merlin 160 in mine and it's real nice to fly and mine is the old fiberglass one and the c/is 190mm

stressfree 11-15-2014 01:39 AM

Hi Guys! I have a 1.5.5 F-16 that flys great! SO FAR! But, it seems that all flyeagle jets have been banned from flying at all events in the U.S! Why even bother with buying another jet from them! It seems that Skymaster has geared up to takeover there market in the U.S! I will be buying my large scale F18 and F16 from Skymaster product is far superior!

alanjets 11-16-2014 07:29 AM

Never had a problem with flyeagle it all depends on building skills .They all come out the same factory lol i have had problems from skymaster and all others airworld aswell.When people crash other planes they will blame something else

stressfree 11-16-2014 10:29 AM

Lol! Came from same factory! I'm sorry, I really need you to back that statement with some proof! You are not from the U.S.! If you went to some of the jet events here you would understand! There is a reason why their jets have been banned from almost all of the events in the U.S! Do some research and look at YouTube! Better yet look at all the flyeagle threads that explain in great detail why the landing gear don't work properly, glue joints are not properly glued! Hope you have luck! I don't like luck when I'm dealing 10k!

alanjets 11-17-2014 09:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The thing is how many jets have u built or have u ever built a Flyeagle one i have built loads all the ones lately in the pic.I have owned that F18 for 4 years now and i can say that i can put air and fuel in and it flys perfect every time it goes out.Yes i have made some modifications to it but i do that to all the planes i have built even comp ARF. How many flyeagle jets do u think there are flying and people who don't have any problems.I went to a jet meet the other week and there was a skymaster f14 the new one having lots of problems they all have there problems

FenderBean 11-17-2014 12:48 PM

What Problems Did The New Sm F14 Have.

dubd 11-17-2014 04:18 PM

Alanjets, nice J-10!

stressfree 11-17-2014 06:00 PM

You really sound like a flyeagle rep.! You are totally oblivious to the whole issue that customers of flyeagle are having! You really need to read what's going on with this company! Are they giving you planes or are you a rep.? Because it really sounds like it! Just read! I've also have built and flown a number of jets! You have stock in flyeagle don't you! Lol!

stressfree 11-17-2014 06:17 PM

A number of flyeagle jets are coming apart and crashing at shows in the U.S! I've read of some issues with the flyeagle f14 and the f18! Just do some research on RCU! Definitely a good source! Read before you buy anything flyeagle! Flyeagle jets are banned from almost all of the jet events in the U.S! It's happening for a reason! To many issues with flyeagle jets!

alanjets 11-17-2014 11:49 PM

I'm no rep for anyone it's just experience with all manufacturers.And all I'm saying they all have there faults and my Flyeagle jets are still going strong after years of use .

Shaun Evans 11-18-2014 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by alanjets (Post 11920260)
I'm no rep for anyone it's just experience with all manufacturers.And all I'm saying they all have there faults and my Flyeagle jets are still going strong after years of use .

Alan,

Your experience is valid and you shouldn't be attacked or accused of being a rep or anything else because you've had good luck with your FEJ planes. I'm glad they're working for you and happy to hear of a long-term success with them. I do have to say that the idea that success with all these ARF's 'depends on your building skills' is a tad bit silly, though. Your building skills have nothing to do with whether or not the glue joints in closed structures are sound. Those skills have nothing to do with whether or not they put anti-rotation pins in your stab that are up to the task--or whether or not they've built in FATAL design flaws. If you argue that, you're arguing it in the face of definitive evidence--rather like the robbery suspect who's denying involvement while watching the security tape that shows his face crystal clearly. It's a little silly.

You may have 'had problems' with your CARF models, but I would love to see an x-ray of a CARF full-flying stab with a shockingly inadequate stab block/pins. I think you'd have a hard time coming up with one. What mods did you have to make to a Y/A ARF to make it safe to fly? I know that's a moot example, but it makes the point.

alanjets 11-18-2014 07:43 AM

All im saying is the 2 ones i have had have been OK so i carn't slate Flyeagle.We all buy artf's now but u carnt see inside the flying surfaces to see the glued joints i know some of the standards are better in some .Im not saying my flyeagle planes have been fault free but some other manufactures also have had problems .I had a kit the once with no wood in the wing for the pined hinges and the only way i found that out was when i had flutter and it pulled the control surface off they did replace the kit and that was someone elses kit.
CARF make some of the best planes i have ever owned and i also have had quite a few of your kits YellowAircraft. The trouble is when people crash and we have all seen it, they tend to blame the kits we fly. Its always something else rather than themselves.I was just pointing out mine are still flying and are nice to fly. I was just wondering how many Flyeagle planes have been sold would i buy another prob yes but im sure i would give it a good looking into first

dubd 11-18-2014 09:25 AM

It may be true that all ARFs have "problems", but only a small number of manufacturer's "problems" lead to catastrophic failure. BTW - nice Ultra Lightning!

Shaun Evans 11-18-2014 11:20 AM

Alan,

You're right about peoples' tendency to assign blame. Most reasonable people can see through that, though. I just watched yet another video montage of RC crashes with my son. In a few of them, you can hear the pilot start yelling about how he had no control even though you can see an obvious stall with the control surfaces still moving. Those guys were trying to blame the radio as a reflex reaction to crashing in front of everyone. Your example of the plane with no wood for the hinges is an interesting one, though. After the control surface fluttered and departed, you probably thought it was fair to say the manufacturer screwed up. You mention they replaced the airframe, which indicates to me that they accepted responsibility for a screw up. If it were someone else and not you, you wouldn't be able to fairly say it was a matter of his building skills and that he should stop blaming the vendor for his crash, right? Even if I hadn't built a bunch of FEJ planes for customers (and seen for myself the utterly ridiculous level of bad design, bad QC and bad workmanship), all I need to know I learned by looking at the x-ray pics posted in these threads along with the cutaway pics showing what you, the end user, could never know without hacking your ARF open or crashing it.

Shaun Evans 11-18-2014 11:50 AM

Hi,

I'm just getting tired of the 'they all have problems' adage because it's just not true. At least not to the degree that people who sling that around are trying to pretend. I used the now-extinct Y/A ARF as an example, but nobody ever had to cut into an enclosed structure to repair anything on one. I'm not aware of a single incident. In the 15 years I've been involved with the company, I'm aware of two issues with ARFs. One was an anti-rotation pin in an F-15 stab that somehow was drilled crooked, leaving the stab deflected when the arms were at neutral. The other was on an ARF F-18 single where the stab servo mount was glued too low, leaving the top only attached by a bead of cavasill (sp?) and the mount broke off in flight.

What we DIDN'T have was planes with inadequate adhesion between the wins and skins or design/engineering flaws that rendered a plane basically unsafe to fly at all. We never had control surfaces that would wiggle after a few flights because there was next-to-no structure to brace the stab against torque. We never had the classic FEJ thing where two necessary objects were designed to occupy the same space at the same time (like a stab servo designed to be in the exact same place as the vertical fin spar or main gear that retract into bypass). We never had a customer scratching his head and realizing that we apparently never tried to assemble one of these things ourselves before we started shipping them out. Best of all, we never took peoples' money and then waited months (if ever) to deliver [hopefully all of] the product. So, it's not fair or accurate to broad-brush with the whole, "Hey, they all have issues" adage. A little bit of overspray on a canopy is a different issue than a full-flying stab that is going to absolutely, positively fail if you fly it.

BobbyMcGee 11-18-2014 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by alanjets (Post 11918949)
Never had a problem with flyeagle it all depends on building skills .They all come out the same factory lol i have had problems from skymaster and all others airworld aswell.When people crash other planes they will blame something else

They DO NOT come from the same factory.
1) Even FEJ admits they have their own "factory"
2) Once, someone on RCU wrote that Fei Bao & FEJ are the same factory using the same molds. Fei Bao jumped on that thread within hours to dispel that statement.

What might be true is that some of the Chinese jet manufacturers use the same paint facility, but that would be all they have in common.

One of my friends has an FEJ F-18 jet that has lasted him at least 8+ years that I'm aware of. The two main reasons for this is that the jet is a hangar queen that hasn't flown for at least two years, and when it did fly, he never flew it more than half throttle at speeds that were less than 100mph. The only time he used full throttle was during take-offs. Then quickly throttled back and flew it like a trainer fearing that it would fall apart if he tried to fly it like a jet. It has nearly 6 flights on it now. He can't sell it, because no one would give him anything for it except for the value of the engine & components. So, he's basically stuck with it as it takes up space in a spare room and collects dust.

vankie 06-14-2016 02:26 AM

Dis you ever got answered on where these should go?

vankie 06-14-2016 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kmarks (Post 8156041)
Ok can Someone tell me what the following are for:

1. Long metel pieces with 3 holes.
2. Wood tabs.
3. Metel Servo mounts (for what servo??)

Thanks

Kevin

Did you ever got answered on where these should go?