RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Boomerang Nano!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/8194753-boomerang-nano.html)

Xairflyer 04-18-2011 05:17 PM

RE: Boomerang Nano!!!

I have a 50oz (1.4L) dubro in my P60 Intro and timer on 6mins, took off on Sunday and forgot to re-fill the tank flamed out after 3mins so 50oz is 9mins to dry so a 2.5L tank should easily give 10mins unless you are flying it flat out all the time.

Veritech 05-06-2011 07:46 PM

What do you guys think about putting a Jet Central Rabbit in the Nano? I am at the point with mine that I need to decide what turbine I want to get. I would de-tune it to around 10-12#'s of course and this is NOT my first turbine. Just looking at the Rabbit since it would be useful in other larger airframes in the future since it can go up to 20# of thrust.

Per the Jet Central Website:

Super Bee II
Diameter: 3.15 inches
Weight: 2.2 pounds
Length: 9.1 in

Rabbit
Diameter: 3.58 inches
Weight: 2 pounds ?
Length: 9.6 inches

-Randy

bigplumbs 05-06-2011 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Veritech

What do you guys think about putting a Jet Central Rabbit in the Nano? I am at the point with mine that I need to decide what turbine I want to get. I would de-tune it to around 10-12#'s of course and this is NOT my first turbine. Just looking at the Rabbit since it would be useful in other larger airframes in the future since it can go up to 20# of thrust.

Per the Jet Central Website:

Super Bee II
Diameter: 3.15 inches
Weight: 2.2 pounds
Length: 9.1 in

Rabbit
Diameter: 3.58 inches
Weight: 2 pounds ?
Length: 9.6 inches

-Randy

It would fit but more weight of course

Dennis

Xairflyer 05-07-2011 04:04 AM

Better off buying the sprint if you want to fit a bigger turbine.

hooker53 05-07-2011 04:28 AM

Yep the sprint would be better for that Rabbit. I would like to have a Nano for my 44 though.

gooseF22 05-07-2011 05:52 PM

I had to grind the mounts on the wren 70, so Im not sure it would fit. the nano can handle the motor just fine. set it up by putting stuff forward as possible. Mine has alot of thrust, and could handle a few more pounds. I was thinking about swapping in a Wren 100 for my wren 70...

I plan to seal the gaps this week with servo tape, to lower chances of flutter. guys have super sports in them with 17-18 lb already. Im running 15lb. Its actually a blast with the extra thrust.. plenty of wing.

Nothing like accelerating going straight up after heavy weight takeoff!!!!..

Veritech 05-07-2011 06:39 PM

Thanks Guys. I am going to decide on either the Rabbit or the Bee II in a week or so. I downloaded a full size Dimensional Drawing of the Rabbit and it cut it out and placed it in the fuze. It looks like it would take just a little grinding on the mounts and former at the front to get it to fit. Now I wonder about fuel, I was planing on fitting a 64 Oz juice bottle plus a UAT. I am hoping to get 8 minutes if I detune it to 12-14#'s.

gooseF22 05-07-2011 06:51 PM

you wont get 12-14 unless you use the Jet tech 79. but you will get maybe 10.

Dave Wilshere 05-08-2011 01:21 AM

He was talking lbs!

Wap4life 05-08-2011 10:40 AM

Hey guys just a quick question.  The Nano is my first jet and it went together pretty smooth.  I notice that no one has a powerbox or etc just receiver, am i see correctly.  I have a 14mz and have the receiver w/ the radio and everything just standard hook up.  I looking for a used turbine for it and it will be ready for it's maiden!

bigplumbs 05-08-2011 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Wap4life

Hey guys just a quick question. The Nano is my first jet and it went together pretty smooth. I notice that no one has a powerbox or etc just receiver, am i see correctly. I have a 14mz and have the receiver w/ the radio and everything just standard hook up. I looking for a used turbine for it and it will be ready for it's maiden!
The Boomerang is supposed to be kept simple and most do this there is no need for a powerbox assuming you are using normal servos

Dennis

Wap4life 05-09-2011 11:44 AM

Thanks Dennis, i'm actually using your set up from your build thread :D.  Your build thread was great help.

traxxas 05-20-2011 04:36 AM

Guys,

I've just starting putting a Nano together and opted for the Dubro 50oz tank.

I'm finding that this is a very tight fit so when I have some straps or cable ties in place the canopy cannot be fitted witout really squashing things down.

Anyone else with a dubro fitted finding this?

toto_sal 05-20-2011 06:07 AM

I would high recommend the Jet Tech 79 oz tank from Dreamworks... Perfect fit, and no tie downs required. I have managed to hold mine down with industrial grade velcro... fits just perfect! I am running a Wren 75 on mine and I am getting 8 minutes of flight with fuel to spare for a few go arounds...

Best of luck!!!

Dave Bugz 05-20-2011 11:40 AM

Mike
I put the 50 oz Dubro in mine and did not find any issues with fit, HOWEVER the canopy does need a little jigging and filing out the holes to get it to fit. Some one also suggested a small amount of vaseline on the fastereners [metal bits on canopy] and can vouch that this made slipping on and off a lot easier. I did have to remove a small amount of former from the front of the canopy where the overflow pipe comes out? but as for the actual tank fit no issues.
If you check out post 1080 pg 44 it shows DW install and mine is virtually the same [i think he copied me];):D

traxxas 05-20-2011 12:36 PM

Canopy actually fits fine without the tank, its like the tank couyld do with being 2mm lower.

Dave Wilshere 05-20-2011 12:56 PM

Mike

No problem on 6 or 7 I know of. If it's the strap, you can trim the wooden stringers where the straps are. You have anything under the fuel tank between the mounting strips?

Dave

traxxas 05-20-2011 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing under the tank.

Without straps fitted, the edges of the tank just touch the 'stringers' in the canopy, and as you say I can easily trim a bit off the wood. I was just curious if I have tank that was slightly oversize.

I have thought about fitting that Kevlar one I see listed on your site if its a better fit.

Chris kerby 05-22-2011 06:31 AM

<div style="text-align: left;">
</div>

Chris kerby 05-22-2011 09:26 AM

Sorry about the above post, i have a 2ltr round tank in my Nano with little adjustment made to the canopy, but just about fits, i am amazed at how they managed to fit the 2.5ltr kevler tank in this model,running a wren 54 mk3 in mine and get about 7 minutes run time.
will post picture later.

Chris

Chris kerby 05-22-2011 11:37 PM

Pictures of my 2ltr tank in my Nano, canopy fits just nice.

[img]C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\nano 2.JPG[/img]    [img]C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\nano 1.JPG[/img]  [img]C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\nano 3.JPG[/img]

rcpete347 05-25-2011 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pics of my finished Nano
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=749765
Rcpete

rcpete347 05-25-2011 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More pics
Rcpete

Xairflyer 05-26-2011 02:21 AM