RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Boomerang Nano!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/8194753-boomerang-nano.html)

kwb 07-15-2011 03:30 PM

RE: Boomerang Nano!!!

Traxxas, BaldEagle and GooseF22,

Thanks for your replies. Colin from boomerang jets sorted me out with a spare white cover which i have painted and fitted tonight. Not sure if i will get to fly tomorrow as the weather looks poor.

Dblex 07-26-2011 07:47 PM

Will this hold a kingtech K80?

Dave Wilshere 07-26-2011 10:39 PM

Nope. You need a Sprint

Dave Wilshere

bigplumbs 07-26-2011 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Dblex

Will this hold a kingtech K80?
Would be physically far too big and also far too much power............. This plane was designed around a 10lb thrust Wren 44 gold....... More weight/Power seldom makes a better flying plane in my opinion. This plane like all Boomers has a nice sized wing to give you lift this is what a plane should fly on not raw power. Arnt we into flying planes not building rockets......................... Each to their own however

Dennis

ikoppel 08-14-2011 10:58 AM

Maidened my Nano today.Jetcat P60, digitech oleos,FCT 2.6L tank and some cheap retracts.
Take off from grass field in ca 20-30meters, needed some up trip with full tank, after that flew practically hands off straight and level.
Landings were also pretty easy. Special thanks to Dave Wilshere, who's help was invaluable for getting my P60 to run again.

Ivar

bigplumbs 08-14-2011 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: ikoppel

Maidened my Nano today.Jetcat P60, digitech oleos,FCT 2.6L tank and some cheap retracts.
Take off from grass field in ca 20-30meters, needed some up trip with full tank, after that flew practically hands off straight and level.
Landings were also pretty easy. Special thanks to Dave Wilshere, who's help was invaluable for getting my P60 to run again.

Ivar

Well done and I am glad you are enjoying your Nano

Dennis

Dave Wilshere 08-14-2011 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: ikoppel

Ivar

Ivar

Good news, plenty of aileron expo and the Nano rocks! One of my favourite toys.
You can build an UF now ;)

Dave

ikoppel 08-17-2011 04:02 AM

some phone and gopro videos :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Marek344.../1/N11YHWT9H7k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tdQwDXocOg
the best effect is the change in engine noise around 1:09 ..

gooseF22 08-17-2011 07:49 AM

I really enjoyed the Nano/Wren 70 combo. It was alot of fun... so much fun that my buddy flew it yesterday, and how he owns it:D

Dave, Now I need also to fly the UFlash...

siclick33 09-05-2011 05:55 AM

Does anyone sell wing/fin bags for the Nano? I've found them for every other Boomer but not the Nano.

siclick33 10-29-2011 02:56 AM

This is probably going to sound like a really stupid question but...............

How do you route the tie wraps to hold down the fuel tank? Are you wrapping them around the tank or just over the top to hold the tank down. The kit has holes in the little side formers but nothing on the bottom to actually hold the tank down.

gooseF22 10-29-2011 04:34 AM

ORIGINAL: siclick33

This is probably going to sound like a really stupid question but...............

How do you route the tie wraps to hold down the fuel tank? Are you wrapping them around the tank or just over the top to hold the tank down. The kit has holes in the little side formers but nothing on the bottom to actually hold the tank down.
you can criss cross the straps in an X configuration if its the 50 ounce.

If its the jet tech, velcro the bottom of the tank and expoxy some zip tie downs on the end of the tank. there are pics of it back in this thread.

siclick33 10-29-2011 04:43 AM

I am using the Dubro 50 ounce at the moment.

Where do you criss cross the straps? The instructions say not to rely on the floor but I can't work out how you can get the straps through the side formers and under the floor.

gooseF22 10-29-2011 04:50 AM

look at post #924 in the thread.. its on page 37

ikoppel 10-29-2011 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Crashed my nano last friday. During my second flight of the day it behaved strangely - a lot of pitch inertia, like flying with ca 100% expos, and stalled at the final turn:
Everything seems to be OK expect the nose..
Last picture shows my new "hybrid" version..

hooker53 10-30-2011 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK Guys.

I'v seen more than one post with folks wrestling with this problem in their Nano. Here's an easy fix. Forget all those combersome wire ties and the cris cross way ya have to do that. See those little white hooks in the first photo? CA some small Pc's of 1/8" ply under the cross braces at the point you will screw the hooks in. Drill you some holes smaller than the hook threads and soak the holes after you have threaded/removed them in with CA. Screw the hooks in and soak them again. Them rubberband away. Use as many bands as you need. I use this in 89% of all my builds. Even in 35% 3D prop machines. The tank will not move.

Hope this helps

hooker53 11-06-2011 03:39 PM

How sweet it is. I maidened my Nano today and all was as good as everyone here said it would be. I love the way it handles. Like another post stated, I was sensitive on ailerons even on low rate with 35% Expo. I will cut that throw back go up on the expo. Not sensitive enough on Elevator on low rates so I will turn that up a notch. A few all through this thread stated the factory gear blocks were jello and they are. I made a fairly smooth landing and one block come loose. It didn't rip it out but I didn't want to taxi it back for fear it would come through the top of the wing. I will fix that before going back out. I have a Wren 44 Man. start that does real well in it but I would still like to see what it would do with a Man. start gold in it. Ha. All in all, I'm gonna love flying this bird. I would like to put Elec retracts and main brakes on it but than it would be heavyer so will give that some thought. Thanks for all the help on this thread guys. Roy

bigplumbs 11-06-2011 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: hooker53

How sweet it is. I maidened my Nano today and all was as good as everyone here said it would be. I love the way it handles. Like another post stated, I was sensitive on ailerons even on low rate with 35% Expo. I will cut that throw back go up on the expo. Not sensitive enough on Elevator on low rates so I will turn that up a notch. A few all through this thread stated the factory gear blocks were jello and they are. I made a fairly smooth landing and one block come loose. It didn't rip it out but I didn't want to taxi it back for fear it would come through the top of the wing. I will fix that before going back out. I have a Wren 44 Man. start that does real well in it but I would still like to see what it would do with a Man. start gold in it. Ha. All in all, I'm gonna love flying this bird. I would like to put Elec retracts and main brakes on it but than it would be heavyer so will give that some thought. Thanks for all the help on this thread guys. Roy

This certainly is a nice little jet and in my view very good value for money. I have about 40 flights on mine now with a Wren 44 gold

Dennis

hooker53 11-07-2011 03:49 PM

Yes it is a nice little bird dino. Now if I could just hear from folks thats put the E-Flite electric retracts in thiers and how they rigged the wheels and brakes up I can go ahead and get that done.

kev-o 11-26-2011 09:18 AM

Just got one of these last week Patricia is a great lady to deal with.

Can't seem to find the pics etc of the eflite retracts install if anyone has or can point me in the right direction.
Thanks

New home for a pst600r I had kickin around it will be my winter jet.
Kevin

Dave Wilshere 11-26-2011 11:05 AM

Give me an email addy and I'll send you our installation sheets.

Dave

kev-o 11-26-2011 11:54 AM

I sent you a pm
Thx
Kevin

Jprice57 12-11-2011 06:07 PM

Could anyone out there that has flown the Nano and Sprint give some feedback on the flight differences. Coming from Giant Scale planes there is a big difference in size 30-35% and 35-40% and there flying qualities. My options will be Nano and Wren 44 and Sprint and a K80.

BaldEagel 12-12-2011 04:12 AM

I am not qualified to comment on the Nano not having flown one, but your experience in giant scale will tell you that bigger is easier, the turbines for the Sprint are in general in the middle range of turbines and is more usable in many other types of airframe, personally I would go with the new JetMunt or JetCat 100, even more usable in other airfames in the future.

Mike

kev-o 12-23-2011 09:17 PM

Just fitting eflite retracts to the nano,thanks Dave anybody fit brakes to them here in Canada we gotta have Em. I'm tryin to keep it simple and light.

Kevin