RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Another Skymaster Viper (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/8718743-another-skymaster-viper.html)

Ali 04-27-2009 08:02 AM

Another Skymaster Viper
 
1 Attachment(s)
Yep sorry if you guys are getting bored of them by now, but I am still loving these great models. This is one we are just finishing off as a Turn key for a customer overseas. Part of the service is a test flight, shakedown and set up service.
All pretty high spec ( as per customers request ) Jet Cat P-160Sx, JR DSX 12, all 8411 and 8711 servos,Lights, Smoke, Airpower valve. Two of the new 1/4 scale pilots etc etc. All going well so far apart from the need to increase the venting to the main tanks.
This one is so good that I might have to keep it for my own demo model and do another one for the customer?? :eek:
Regards Al

Ali 04-27-2009 08:05 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
1 Attachment(s)
some more

Ali 04-27-2009 08:07 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
1 Attachment(s)
A few of the internals

E.N.T. 04-27-2009 08:07 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Beautiful, veruy nice.

Hi! Ali, Hector from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

RonLongAZ 04-27-2009 08:33 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Ali,

Very nice! love the color too.


Ron

Selleri 04-27-2009 08:37 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Nice, are those festo fittings for the fuel/smoke or something else?

Ali 04-27-2009 08:42 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
They are the fillers for the smoke and fuel.
I have just started using them again and hoping that with some regular oiling they should not stick. I hope so as they are a much neater way of filling liquids..
Ron, Thanks for the compliments on the colour. I kinda guessed you would like it. I am thinking on the next one I might use the same scheme but play around with colours a little.
Regards Al
Thanks Hector.

RonLongAZ 04-27-2009 08:48 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
I did not mention it but the install is very nice as well Ali. You customer should be very happy. Love the pilots too.


Ron

Ali 04-27-2009 08:59 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Cheers Ron,
Yep we tried to get it a good a blend of neatness and practicality. I have seen a few installs now where if something goes wrong or needs to be accessed it becomes a nightmare to work on.
I even thought about cramming a P-200 in it for laughs, but decided to leave that to you Arizonian's ;)
Regards Al

RonLongAZ 04-27-2009 09:06 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: Ali

Cheers Ron,
Yep we tried to get it a good a blend of neatness and practicality. I have seen a few installs now where if something goes wrong or needs to be accessed it becomes a nightmare to work on.
I even thought about cramming a P-200 in it for laughs, but decided to leave that to you Arizonian's ;)
Regards Al
THE NEED FOR SPEED:D:D:D (HUNGRY)


Ron

norbert montenegro 04-27-2009 09:23 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi
Congratulations for the model Ali , is good flight?

This is my Viper Jet, I hope to finish it in fifteen days, which a Merlin 160 (17.5 Kg Thrust), no smoke system, Airpower valve, Hitec 5955 in all controls and a 2.4 system ACT /Graupner mc-24.

Regards

Joe C 04-27-2009 09:49 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Looks great ALi, I may be getting another one. Joe C!!

Ali 04-27-2009 10:11 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Do it Joe.
Your USC one is just too nice to fly every weekend. Get a stock scheme beater with a P-160SX. Keep it light and simple and you will love it for an everyday plane that flies superbly. Resist the urge to put a P-200 in it ( You already beat Ron in the Pi$$ing comp with your smoke fluid holding power :D ) Hell.... let me know and I will get a turn key assembled and test flown as well Ali Spec! ;)

RonLongAZ 04-27-2009 10:18 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Ali

Do it Joe.
Your USC one is just too nice to fly every weekend. Get a stock scheme beater with a P-160SX. Keep it light and simple and you will love it for an everyday plane that flies superbly. Resist the urge to put a P-200 in it ( You already beat Ron in the Pi$$ing comp with your smoke fluid holding power :D ) Hell.... let me know and I will get a turn key assembled and test flown as well Ali Spec! ;)

Keep that up Ali and I will by two more beaters for a total of three and beat you both out.:D:D:D and still put P-200 in them just for bragging rights!


Ron

RCI/Skymaster 04-27-2009 10:24 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Congrats on your new Viper. You will love this jet. I am also a new owner of a Skymaster Viper Jet with a P-200 and smoker system.
I LOVE IT!! The best flying jet on the planet.

Have fun with it.

RCI/Skymaster 04-27-2009 10:26 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Ron, i would be more that happy to get you 2 more vipers. You just let me know.

Ali 04-27-2009 10:27 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Ron. I know I will never be anywhere near the same league as you and Joe for bragging rights. I am just the kid that likes playing with nice toys. having said that I still say you should get another two beaters. That way next time I am over you and I can have a little bit of Viper Reno! I just know you must have the connections to get a few 1/5th scale pylons made up :D Shall I tell Jason to get the kits sent to Wayne now:eek:

RonLongAZ 04-27-2009 10:38 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Ali

Ron. I know I will never be anywhere near the same league as you and Joe for bragging rights. I am just the kid that likes playing with nice toys. having said that I still say you should get another two beaters. That way next time I am over you and I can have a little bit of Viper Reno! I just know you must have the connections to get a few 1/5th scale pylons made up :D Shall I tell Jason to get the kits sent to Wayne now:eek:

I have him on the phone now! It is always a pleasure, Ali. Looking forward to the next time you are out here.


Ron

Joe C 04-27-2009 10:48 AM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Ali,
I will get that viper, but just to up Ron, I will get the new AMT Titan, I think that has 80lbs of thrust. (JK), you are right, I need something that has no scale items like my USC has, just fuel and fly. I have a Jetcat Titan that I will use. Joe C!!

JetsRC 04-27-2009 02:44 PM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
1 Attachment(s)
Great Install Ali I am sure your customer will be more than pleased. :D

Mine is almost ready for shipping, here are a few pics...;) My guess is it will be here sometime next week.

Michel

Joe C 04-27-2009 02:45 PM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Very nice Joe C!!

gonzalom 04-27-2009 04:17 PM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Hi Ali,

I was at California Jets this year and I saw your Viper Jet in action! out of this world, your skills as a pilot!!! simply superb! I was telling my friends here in Northern California if I have to choose between watching a show of the Blue Angels or to see you flying your jets I go for you! I was so impress, that I decided to go for the Skymaster Viper Jet same colors as yours! LOVE IT!!! It was a pleasure to talk you at the event. I am the guy who flies large ΒΌ scale turbine choppers. Next CA jets I would bring the Viper and the chopper too.

Thank you for the inspiration and looking forward to see you again,

Gonzalo

KC36330 04-27-2009 04:50 PM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

ORIGINAL: Ali

They are the fillers for the smoke and fuel.
I have just started using them again and hoping that with some regular oiling they should not stick. I hope so as they are a much neater way of filling liquids..

they look like the ones i use on my flash, even have them between the wing tank/main tank/vent, I've had no problems with leaks and it's allot quicker connecting/disconnecting the wing tank with them and once the wing is disconnected just snap the vent/fill together and it's leak free too. also when filling i disconnect the wing tank from the main and fill it first then hook it back up before filling the main, with only air being pushed out of the main into the wing tank it puts less stress on the main tank when filling it.

Dustin Buescher 04-27-2009 10:03 PM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
Nice Blue Viper... I want!!!!

sideshow 04-27-2009 10:17 PM

RE: Another Skymaster Viper
 
That blue scheme is totally hawt....


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:33 AM.