RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Global Jet Club / JHI F4D Skyray Product Release (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/8818821-global-jet-club-jhi-f4d-skyray-product-release.html)

mikedenilin 06-02-2009 04:03 AM

Global Jet Club / JHI F4D Skyray Product Release

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

Here is the preview of our new Skyray (Wren 44 to P60 Powered ) release.

Our price - ARF PRO - Everything installed (installed gear doors, air cylinders, retract units, air lines, etc) . Air frame, Retract system ( wheels, brakes, air tanks, air valves, air lines, brake valve, scale 90 degree rotating retract, struts) , exhaust pipe, fuel tanks, Price $1995.00 Promotional Price: $1495.00 for the ARF PRO (EI - everything installed)

If customers want to have it at regular ARF with retract system (but not installed), promotional price at $1295.00.

Special features - live hinging, and full composite, and all vacuum bagging construction.

Available for delivery in early August, 2009. Paint scheme, Nave AJ, and Marine. "PA" Navy will be available in 2nd batch

You can contact us at [email protected] for more products info on this one or placing your pre-order. Thanks

Mike
Global Jet Club
www.globaljetclub.com

Jeremy_D 06-02-2009 04:16 AM

RE: Global Jet Club / JHI F4D Skyray Product Release

Looks Great Mike!!

Rider-60 06-02-2009 07:03 AM

Oh no second batch for my scheme, Mike did you loose my decals or what? :)<div>
</div><div>It looks like it was well worth the wait, do you have a guestimate for the AUW, I'd like to avoid buying a  P60</div><div>
</div><div>Regards</div><div>Florent</div>

mikedenilin 06-02-2009 07:43 AM

Hi Florent,

Yes, you have to wait for the PA paint scheme, just kidding. We are working on that. Just don't want to show it until we have it.

I 've flown it with a Wren 44 Gold. Take off weight is about $13.5 lbs, wet. Larry had flown the prototype with Wren 54 for years. You can fly it with Wren 44 Gold, or 54, P60, Jet Central Super Bee etc. It's pretty compact and I can just fit it into a mid-size SUV without taking off the wings and vertical stab (they are all removable)

Iam working on an EDF version with Tamjet's TJ 100 and try to kick Tam's butt on vertical. (Well, I did that by default on physical height already!) http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

Servos required
Steering, Rudder, 2 Ailerons serovs. Flaps (Optional, 2 mini-servos). These are 2 small Flap trim at the wing roots next to the tail cone. You don't really need the flaps to slow down on a delta wings, but they are convenient to have. You can trip the flap up so you can hold the plane at nice approaching AOA for landing.

This is designed as an entry level trainer jet but it's a very scale jet. You know how Larry is in scale works, always the best.

Will upload more photos later.

Mike
Global Jet Club

czech89 06-04-2009 10:11 PM

Looks great Mike!

Is there going to be a fuel tank/armament package as per the actual photo of the PA scheme on the Global jet club site?

Terry

Ray Davis 06-05-2009 10:39 AM

Panel lines....cockpit kit available....dimensions....and what scale is it? Gear/wheels hold up OK, are they tough enoughfor good grass conditions.....what is expected TO/landing lengthrequirements?

More detailed pics, please...but looks terrific......and I already have a 44-Gold! Tx.

Ray

mikedenilin 06-05-2009 10:40 AM

Hi Terry,

Yes, Fuel tanks too. I will post more photos next week.

Mike

voodoodb 06-06-2009 04:43 PM

MIke looks good as usual. Guys don't know if any of you were there or not, but I flew one of the original prototypes at Mississippi Afterburner this year( Mike has promised to make it next year. A great flyin to attend if none of you have ever been to it.). Mine has a RAM 500 in it now. Also flew it with a P-60 earlier. Both turbines were great combos with it. I believe the P-60 gets a little better gas milage though. Anyway it's a great flying jet as is the little Sabre.

Doug

funflyerf4 06-07-2009 06:23 AM

Thanks Mike,Earlerier in the week I convinced myself I have enough jets flyable for now and then you come out with this one.Boy am I in trouble.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ular_smile.gif

mikedenilin 06-09-2009 02:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, you are in trouble.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ular_smile.gif We all have enough popular jets. This should be a unique addition to our fleet.

Doug - OK, I will try to make it to Mississippi Afterburner next year. Here is a picture of our nice flying days and beer. I am working on 2 46 oz tanks for this Skyray. That should be big enough for your gas guzzler RAM.

Here are more photos of L/G and gear doors.

Mike
Global Jet Club

voodoodb 06-09-2009 03:10 AM

HA HA!!! That was the good ole days!!!

chcarlos 06-25-2009 04:28 PM

Do you have pictures of the Marine paint scheme available in the first 1st batch? I see two different Marine schemes on the web site and would like to know which will be available first and to see pictures from different points of view.

mikedenilin 06-25-2009 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are the available paint schemes on the first batch.

Thanks,

Mike
Global Jet Club

chcarlos 06-25-2009 09:00 PM

Thanks Mike. Do you have images of the top and bottom of the Marine version?

Launch Pad McQuack 07-06-2009 12:17 AM

Mike when will the first batch be shipping out?

SAP_2000 08-26-2009 05:58 PM

Anyone seen or better; flown one yet??

voodoodb 08-26-2009 06:38 PM

Sap I got one. Flies wonderful. Mine has a RAM 500 in it. With the conformal tanks I get about a 10 min flight.

uncljoe 08-26-2009 09:02 PM

How do the landing gear look,Still waiting on mine to be delivered.
Semper Fi

voodoodb 08-26-2009 09:34 PM

Mine is one of the first prototypes made. I am using Robart retracts and robostruts. I am sure the new version with the new gear is great also. Mike at Global Jets does a great job.

jetnuno 08-27-2009 11:51 AM

Hi Mike

Ca you please explain how GJC operates? Do you pick JL planes and improve the frames and make an external paint job in China, then ship directely to customer? Is the extra work and painting done in the JL factory?

Regards

Nuno

mikedenilin 08-27-2009 06:13 PM

Hi Nuno,

Our Global Jet Club has our own factory in China doing customization, production of our own jets, licensed jets, Jet Legend, and FB jets upgrades for our club members. Originally, it started as an exclusive club services outfits for our jet pilot members in California and China, now we have expanded beyond the local presence. This F4D is not a JL airplane, so you won't be able to get that from JL. However, you can get any JL, FB, JHI airplanes through us or having custom paint, upgrades, etc. from us. We ship directly from our factory in China. All standard JL and FB kits are inspected and passed our QC before shipping them. We are an American owned operation in China, so we operate with Western mentality and work flow.

Hope that explains it.

Mike

SAP_2000 08-27-2009 07:24 PM

Mike: I would love to se some pics of the internals and tecnical stuff. Tanks, engine access etc....
Will you have one on display at Jetpower??

mikedenilin 08-27-2009 07:46 PM

Hi Staale,

Yes, we will display the latest at Jet Power. You can get a closer look at it.

Mike

mikedenilin 08-27-2009 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of the wing drop tanks. They kinda sharpen the curvy lines of Skyray and give it a more modern look.

Will post the internal pictures a few days later.

Mike

SAP_2000 08-27-2009 08:03 PM

Thanks Mike!
Looking forward to the pics and to see it in person @ Jetpower
Less than 3 weeks to go now:D