RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Kingtech turbine (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/9268626-kingtech-turbine.html)

Marcelo Assis 11-20-2009 08:24 PM

Kingtech turbine

Hello,
Has someone good experience with Kingtech Turbine?
Is it reliable?
Regards
Marcelo

Shok 11-20-2009 09:01 PM

RE: Kingtech turbine

We have been flying and selling them for about 4 months now.
No issues, good strong motor.

Hit me up if you need one.

Lifetime warranty and US service.

quick video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doztqlrl7RI[/youtube]

eric_monster 11-21-2009 12:12 AM

Ronnie,

Is there any info on the K-160X yet?

Thanks,

Eric

Shok 11-21-2009 08:53 AM

last I heard was that it's getting close

I will try and get more info for you

DelGatoGrande 11-21-2009 09:42 AM

4 k80's also over here runing strong and just flying ...promblem is ...they work everytime!

if 160 will be like there 80..and if the price will be low like k80..i think we will expirience WW3 in jets forums eveywhere

Shok 11-21-2009 11:35 AM

the only thing to change is the factory glow setting

it comes set at 40 which will blow plugs.

We reset to low 30's

Marcelo Assis 11-21-2009 12:47 PM

Shock,
Is the K 80 a good choice for powering a Super Falcon 120 from Nitroplanes?
Marcelo

Shok 11-21-2009 02:20 PM

I have never flown one. I've seen them fly at shows though.
I think it's a good match, maybe a bit over powered, but not by much.

hooker53 11-21-2009 02:28 PM

Shok nailed it.

I flew one for my waiver and I have one. I will tell ya. The K80 would be a great match for one. Just like he said you will have power to spare but just turn your top-end back a bit.

Marcelo Assis 11-21-2009 07:12 PM

Hello Hooker,
How long have you been flying the K 80?
Is it a very good cost/benefit?
Marcelo

hooker53 11-21-2009 09:43 PM

Marcelo, I don't have a K80, only a super falcon 120. All the planes I saw fly with a K80 was comparable in size and Wt. to the Falcon. All that I also see in the K80 looks very good to me and is high on my must have list. I have looked these over very close and I like what I see about them. Shok and Todd at Dreamworks can tell you more about them and can even hook you up with one.

as722 11-22-2009 08:11 AM

My buddy has about eight flights on his K-80 and so far I must admit I'm very impress.

Albert

Marcelo Assis 11-22-2009 12:38 PM

Hi Albert,
Thank you for your reply.
Which plane is your buddy fling with the K 80?
Thank you again,
Marcelo

JET FX 11-22-2009 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ive been flying the K80 for about 12mths now in a FB Velox and L-39. The Velox and K80 have proven to be a near perfect sport jet combo I reckon...

Cheers- Marty

Marcelo Assis 11-22-2009 08:35 PM

Hello Jet FX,
Are you in Australia?
Which kind warbird do you fly there?
Do you sell airplanes too?
Have you had any problem with Kingtech so far?
Reagrds
Marcelo

JET FX 11-22-2009 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Marcelo Assis

Hello Jet FX,
Are you in Australia?
Which kind warbird do you fly there?
Do you sell airplanes too?
Have you had any problem with Kingtech so far?
Reagrds
Marcelo
Hi Marcelo, Yes Iam in Sydney and have been flying all sorts of warbirds now for over thirty years:D.

Yes we sell a variety of jets and warbirds, turbines including Kingtech's more details can be found here- www.jetfx.net

Yes to be totaly honest we did have had a couple of relatively minor issues with two early customer K80's that we sold, interestingly the issues were totaly unrelated to the K80 turbine block itself and came from stock well known and proven outsorced electrical components that come standard with the K80 package. First issue encountered was with a faulty thermocouple that was giving incorrect EGT readings causing some start difficulties for our customer, we replaced this with a new thermocouple and this solved that problem completely. Second was an issue where the gas valve was not being allowed to operate/open correctly by ECU during the K80's start cycle. Again the part (ECU) was replaced for customer immediately and that solved the problem. In all fairness to Xicoy upon further inspection we later traced that issue back to a software progamming setting that had been simply initially overlooked. Hmmm thats about it really.... I also had a flameout during the first flight of my Velox/K80 combo, although that simply turned out to be an air bubble in my fuel line and soon as this was purged the model and turbine have proven to be 100% trouble free. Iam yet to hear of any serious concerns anywhere that have been had with the K80 to be honest and the K80's performance is so confidence inspiring we will be now trying a twin K80 setup in our new demo FB SU-27 in 2010

Cheers- Marty

kingair41 11-22-2009 10:19 PM

Marcelo,
I'm the buddie that Albert is referring to. I'm running the K80 in a FB L-39. This is my first turbine and the jet flies with good performance. Totally impressed as well.

Doane

I'll post a picture as soon as RCU gets the problem worked out posting pics.

Marcelo Assis 11-23-2009 11:41 AM

Dear Marty,
Thank you for your attention.
I already sent you one e-mail. Can you please check it out?
Regards
Marcelo

Marcelo Assis 11-23-2009 11:43 AM

Hello Kingair 41 ,
Please go ahead with your pics.
Take care,
Marcelo

kingair41 11-23-2009 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
O.K. Looks like they got the bugs worked out.

cyprusjets 11-24-2009 06:33 AM

JET FX

Good to hear this mine is waiting since summer to go on an velox but haven't got the time for it now maybe later on this year.
The statistics seems to be good till now , maybe we should ask sandor for his opinion he seem to have test them in hard conditions.

Eftychios

Marcelo Assis 11-30-2009 05:36 AM

Dear Marty,
Did you get my e-mail last week?
Regarding the Fei Bao factory. Do you like it? Do they have a very good quality?
Which planes from Fei Bao could be flown with the K80?
Regards
Marcelo

JET FX 11-30-2009 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Marcelo Assis

Dear Marty,
Did you get my e-mail last week?
Regarding the Fei Bao factory. Do you like it? Do they have a very good quality?
Which planes from Fei Bao could be flown with the K80?
Regards
Marcelo
Hi Marcelo, Sorry Ive been away for the last few days. Re- FB Ive seen some great models coming out of the factory lately and yes quality is "much" improved from when they first hit the market a number of years ago. I would recommend purchasing however through a reputable FB dealer who has hands on experienced with the FB range of models as they will always be able to assist with lots of valuable assembly and flight trimming advice in general.

Ideal FB airframes depending on flying field condition for the K80 would be: Velox, F-86, Rafale, Mig-15 and L-39. If you wanted to keep it simple ie tailerons also the F-22. Twin K80 install is a viable option for the FB F-15, F-18 and SU-27 as well.

Cheers- Marty

Marcelo Assis 11-30-2009 07:02 PM

Thank you very much Martin.
Please check you e-mail, I sent you an e-mail last week.
Marcelo

Marcelo Assis 12-16-2009 08:47 PM

Hello Kingair,
Do you know if there is a huge difference between Feibao L 39 and the Flyeagle L 39?
Which one do you thik is the best?
Regards,
Marcelo