RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Jetlegend Mig 29 Fulcrum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/9457710-jetlegend-mig-29-fulcrum.html)

Aussie Bart 01-29-2010 04:31 AM

Jetlegend Mig 29 Fulcrum

1 Attachment(s)
Well it finally arrived yesterday straight from the factory, number 006 Jetlegend Mig 29 ARF and what a glorious example of aircraft moulding, complete with a set of wonderfully engineered retracts that are just outstanding to look at and fondle (much to my wife’s dismay).

Well when faced with such a shiny new box of “Thrill” what was a bloke to do?? Well you get a couple of mates around, taste a couple of beers, unpack her and start bolting it together (for a bit more fondling – sorry sweetie).

Luckily the factory installed the gear doors (all 9 of them) and the LG so it was not long till she stood there, resplendent in all her glory.
Have posted pics (I hope anyway) and will post more as the build comes along over the next 4 weeks or so.

Aussie Bart 01-29-2010 04:43 AM

RE: Jetlegend Mig 29 Fulcrum

1 Attachment(s)
More Pics

johnls 01-29-2010 07:04 AM

Very nice Bart. I'm in the process of waiting for the JL SU27 Flanker. Interesting how they have done the tailpipe. I wonder how much the power will be reduced with that large a split ?

John

yeahbaby 01-29-2010 09:22 AM

excellent pix!!!! these are the kinds of photos that would steer me towards one of these airplanes, sight unseen. if only i could get Jet Legend to provide similar quality pix of their Su27........

the Mig looks great on the work table. congrats

readyturn 01-29-2010 09:29 AM

Very nice..... I wnat one!:)

What is the stuff in the green bottles?? :D:D

Rick

Couch Potato 01-29-2010 09:42 AM

When are J/L going to make this Sukhoi T-50 ? ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8486812.stm

yeahbaby 01-29-2010 10:20 AM

looks like Victoria Bitter??? can't read the label

Aussie Bart 01-29-2010 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: johnls

Very nice Bart. I'm in the process of waiting for the JL SU27 Flanker. Interesting how they have done the tailpipe. I wonder how much the power will be reduced with that large a split ?

John
They have kept the leg diameter quite small which at first looks odd but when you think about it thes gas velocity will be kept higher. Guess you could argue that it's a bit like Wren's "Divergence" design when you take the size of the primary chamber into account. I will let you know how the 160 handles it when I strike the match.

Aussie Bart 01-29-2010 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: yeahbaby

looks like Victoria Bitter??? can't read the label
Just a simple drop made by the same people called "Fusions" mixed with a hint of lime, helps me keep in touch with my feminine side.....but boy they do go down well on a hot afternoon.

Jeremy_D 01-29-2010 05:59 PM

It looks good Shane!! Glad it finally arrived, I'm looking forward to seeing it fly

JohnMac 01-29-2010 06:18 PM

Very nice indeed. We have the UK JL agent in our club and we are just waiting for him to get his finger out and get one up to the field.:eek:
What is the paintwork like? It has been a bit variable on some of the JL models but the rest of the construction has usually been very good. We have a lot of JL models at our club.

yeahbaby 01-29-2010 06:47 PM

got any pix of the fuel tanks?

DrScoles 01-29-2010 07:22 PM

Does it have OVT? Great pics.

Aussie Bart 01-30-2010 03:04 AM

ORIGINAL: JohnMac

Very nice indeed. We have the UK JL agent in our club and we are just waiting for him to get his finger out and get one up to the field.:eek:
What is the paintwork like? It has been a bit variable on some of the JL models but the rest of the construction has usually been very good. We have a lot of JL models at our club.

Paint is not too bad, this is my 4th JL but the second that was painted. From 2 ft back it looks fantastic, but when you look real close there are obviously imperfections, however I can promise you 2 things, 1 - Its a hell of a lot better that I could ever do, 2 - At 300 kph who the hell cares.......

Aussie Bart 01-30-2010 03:08 AM

You can just see the tanks in the 7th pic of the second post. They are blow moulded plastic and were pre-installed in the front section and all pre plumbed, my drug dealer (aka Jetlegend rep) informs me that they are 1.8 lts each. The tank neck has a screw on cap where the main line goes through so it is easy to remove the clunk to check. I will get some better shots of this soon when I start building.

Aussie Bart 01-30-2010 03:09 AM

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

Does it have OVT? Great pics.
No OVT at this stage but the tails cones remove real easy if you wanted to adapt after market units.

yeahbaby 01-30-2010 11:15 AM

awesome thanks amigo. i saw that pix but assumed that was a UAT of some sort. vent nipple looks undersized from the photo.

and at 2ft and 300Kph who cares? it looks like a Mig to me.:D

ORIGINAL: Aussie Bart

You can just see the tanks in the 7th pic of the second post. They are blow moulded plastic and were pre-installed in the front section and all pre plumbed, my drug dealer (aka Jetlegend rep) informs me that they are 1.8 lts each. The tank neck has a screw on cap where the main line goes through so it is easy to remove the clunk to check. I will get some better shots of this soon when I start building.

turboratt 01-30-2010 11:57 AM

very nice ship there buddy but didnt jet legend have a prob with wing or craftman ship ? i would love one of these but can i trust them ?
any way still a nice ship

JohnMac 01-30-2010 01:46 PM

We must have about 15 JL models in our club. L39's are two a penny, but F16's, F4's, F18's F15's, F22's and F20's have all flown well. Some people have had a few building issues with the early ones but we have seen no airframes failures that were not owner induced.

Alex48 01-30-2010 07:09 PM

very nice ship there buddy but didnt jet legend have a prob with wing or craftman ship ? i would love one of these but can i trust them ?
any way still a nice ship
Having now built most of these companys models bar 'der jet' my opinion is that all of these ARF's can be built into great models. Some do require more work than others..................I now use a pin hole camera to check the internal wing structures and have not found a problem yet with the new generation of models coming from SM, JL and FB.

Alex

turboratt 01-30-2010 09:34 PM

thank you for the reply guys

jeff sewell 01-31-2010 11:06 AM

Hi,
Yes I received one too for a customer - think I'm going for one with a custom paint job as I'm not keen on the factory scheme!

It's so nice and Mr Yang at JL was very pleased with its flight performance.

Just a note for you guys thinking about the SU-27 - I received one of these too and in my opinion it looked better than the MIG! However, please note that the SU is beeing supplied as a TWIN airframe with possible turbine choices such as Wren 70, SS, P70, Merlin 90 etc...

Super airframes from JL these days...

Jeff

i3dm 01-31-2010 11:56 AM

Very nice - this bird is gorgeous !

Rider-60 01-31-2010 12:51 PM

So Jeff,
where are the SU-27's pics??:D

JohnMac 01-31-2010 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: jeff sewell

Hi,
Yes I received one too for a customer - think I'm going for one with a custom paint job as I'm not keen on the factory scheme!

It's so nice and Mr Yang at JL was very pleased with its flight performance.

Just a note for you guys thinking about the SU-27 - I received one of these too and in my opinion it looked better than the MIG! However, please note that the SU is beeing supplied as a TWIN airframe with possible turbine choices such as Wren 70, SS, P70, Merlin 90 etc...

Super airframes from JL these days...
Hi Jeff,
So you did get your finger out:D

Jeff
So you did get your finger out:D
Are you bringing it to Elvington? (actually that could be a bad idea with the number of jets I have at the moment. SWMBO will have my guts for garters if I bring another one home0.[:o]
I agree about the colour scheme though. See youi next weekend if we don't have snow.
Cheers
John