RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Important Announcement from Jetlegend regarding F20 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/9777729-important-announcement-jetlegend-regarding-f20.html)

louisp 06-03-2010 05:24 AM

Important Announcement from Jetlegend regarding F20

To all whom it may concern:

As management of the Jetlegend company we were shocked to hear about the crashes of the F20’s, produced by our company. When we received the clear information we started an investigation.

Jetlegend has been in model jet business for more than ten years; this is the first time that we are confronted with so many crashes of one model.
After the first message reached us through our network, we initially suspected that the plane might have been overpowered or had seen unusual high G maneuvers beyond the limit of the plane. As the first information only mentioned one case it was regarded as an incident.

As with any plane presented to the market, the F20 went through our standard test program. It had many test flights powered by a Jetcat P120 jet engine. After the crash report we had at least 20 test flights, pushing the test plane to the limits, but no signs of problems were detected.

After following reports we tried to find the limits of the design and/or manufacturing and we then decided to use a Jetcat P160 to fly again. This test was done recently, in which the first 5 flights were ok, but in the 6th flight, during a high speed low pass, the plane developed a problem. After landing the investigation revealed that the elevator was loose, but fortunately was still working. It was concluded that the elevator couldn’t hold up at high speeds with a P160, but we wondered why the F20 with P120 was also having problems in the field as reported in a few customers’ cases.

We checked the static thrust on the test plane and found that our P120, installed in the F20, gave significant less output than rated.

We apology to the customers who crashed a F20 produced by us; the problem occurred due to our design and not having stressed it enough during testing. We do take responsibility for that.

For those customers who crashed a Jetlegend produced F20, Jetlegend is offering a free-of-charge replacement by any model from the Jetlegend range, including landing gear.

To those customers who bought our F20, but did not get it in the air yet, improved replacement parts will be send free-of-charge as soon as possible.

We would like to apologize sincerely to all effected customers for the losses and for the missed flying fun.

In order to avoid similar situation happening in the future, there will be review of construction methods and testing procedures.

We, as Jetlegend management team, hope that above mentioned actions are sufficient to restore the confidence in our products and company and we wish all many successful model jet flights.

Best regards

Jetlegend management team

DelGatoGrande 06-03-2010 05:43 AM

RE: Important Announcement from Jetlegend regarding F20

Respect[sm=thumbup.gif]

Frank Sopwith 06-03-2010 05:51 AM

Wow, this is a real milestone!

Frank

madmodelman 06-03-2010 06:09 AM

This will do your Company no harm at all.

Meesh 06-03-2010 06:12 AM

Talk about stepping up to the plate!

olnico 06-03-2010 06:22 AM

Well, that's some very honourable statement.

That is how things improve in every industry:
.Characterize a product defect
.Recognize the design mistake that is behind
.Correct the problem and change the design process horizontally ( ie to all other products at the same level )
.Communicate about the problem ( and that's the most difficult part )

I am sure that people will recognize and appreciate your honesty in this affair and that your company will benefit from your transparency.

Rush! 06-03-2010 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: DelGatoGrande

Respect[sm=thumbup.gif]
+1!

AndyAndrews 06-03-2010 07:58 AM

Nice to hear them do the right thing. Its refreshing and makes them stand out amongst others who have not. The only thing left for them to do is to make the guys who lost jets 100% restored. Anything less, doesn't really complete the deal. But since I'm not one of the ones who lost a jet from this manufacturer I can't speak for them. I can only speak for myself and the jet I lost from another factory due to a manufacturing defect.

I wonder if they would have done it without all of the pressure from RCU? JL owners should thank RCU.

Jeremy, you now have some solid evidence that a major jet kit manufacturer has offered to replace defective kits that crashed due to their design defects. Let this recall stand as a precedent to all of the other Chinese factories ARF factories who have had manufacturing defects that caused their customers to loose jets.

readyturn 06-03-2010 09:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Rush!

ORIGINAL: DelGatoGrande

Respect[sm=thumbup.gif]
+1!

Agree +2, now.... I will definitely buy from these people!

J.F 06-03-2010 09:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Frank Sopwith

Wow, this is a real milestone!

Frank
Agreed, hopefully other manufacturers will see that this is what it takes to maintain customers.

LGM Graphix 06-03-2010 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Nice to hear them do the right thing. Its refreshing and makes them stand out amongst others who have not.

I wonder if they would have done it without all of the pressure from RCU? JL owners should thank RCU.

Jeremy, you now have some solid evidence that a major jet kit manufacturer has afforded to replace defective kits that crashed due to their design defects. Let this recall stand as a precedent to all of the other Chinese factories ARF factories who have had manufacturing defects that caused their customers to loose jets.

100% Andy, this is huge. My HOPE for Jet Legend now though, is that people are HONEST. My biggest concern as a company would be that those who are claiming a loss, have legitimately lost the airplane. I like to think that this community is honest in that regard, but it's a big chance that JL is taking, I give them huge props for stepping up!

Mach1 06-03-2010 10:14 AM

IMPRESSIVE! Two thumbs way up for JL.

Gordon Mc 06-03-2010 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Nice to hear them do the right thing. Its refreshing and makes them stand out amongst others who have not.

Agreed.

David Jackson 06-03-2010 10:36 AM

Wow! [8D]

erbroens 06-03-2010 11:08 AM

This is how things should be done..[sm=thumbup.gif]

jeff sewell 06-03-2010 12:28 PM

It's a difficult task to ensure that the claims are honest but hopefully this is were the dealer network comes into play. The jet communities tend to be small and the grapevines short so that should prevent anyone from taking an unfair advantage.

Jeff

tp777fo 06-03-2010 12:33 PM

To all the Jet Legend dealers who worked this issue........My hat's off to you. Good job!

tassos p 06-03-2010 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: louisp

We apology to the customers who crashed a F20 produced by us; the problem occurred due to our design and not having stressed it enough during testing. We do take responsibility for that.

Amazing, JUST AMAZING. Well done to these guys.

Imagine if all companies did the same what an amazing world would this be.

Thumbs up once more and a nice example for more people to follow.

Tassos

Shaun Evans 06-03-2010 12:44 PM

Atta boy, Jet Legend.

Bryce Watson 06-03-2010 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Wish I could claim I lost three of them! :D Seriously now, that's how you do business.

Jetlegend; up for making a 1/5th scale F-20 or 1/6th scale F-22?

If so, please put me on the list, in the meantime, looks like I'll keep the dust off these boxes. ;)

Bryce

rbean2 06-03-2010 01:08 PM

[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]Very respectable and upstanding![sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

ianober 06-03-2010 01:17 PM

A huge thanks goes out to Jeff Sewell and Mike Lin for being the front runners for customers and talking to Jet Legend about how to truly serve the customer, my hats off to both of you.

[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

Joe C 06-03-2010 01:17 PM

Wow, I just gained a lot of respect for Jet Legend, to say it was there fault and replace the jets is large, not too many other companies would do that.

autorot 06-03-2010 01:53 PM

Congratulations and respect for Jet Legend Management team. [sm=thumbup.gif]
You show here that all chinese ARF jet companies are certainly not all to put in the "same basket" (french expression)

Thanks,

Best regards,
Sébastien

F15driver 06-03-2010 02:09 PM

Don't forget Monica at CamLex for all the effort she has put into this issue to make it right. Thanks, Monica, for all you and Dante do for us.

Rob Puetz
F15driver