Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

2.4 GHZ transmitter/receiver

Old 10-22-2010, 03:12 PM
dirtdemon6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 GHZ transmitter/receiver

Just got a 2.4 GHZ Skyion controller/receiver with my Cen Genesis. So far I have had some problems with the signal cutting out. It was real bad at first, then I placed fresh batteries in the reciever and transmitter. Almost no cut out now, however I really haven't used the remote all that much so far. Any way, I don't know if this is really a problem as it appears to work at the moment with fresh batteries although the previous ones were not that old and had about 9.7 Volts left in the transmitter (new is about 12 V)

I realize that the 2.4 GHz control setup is relatively new tech to the RC industry. Any one else have similiar problems with these remotes? Perhaps they require more voltage than FM/AM setup?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:02 PM
ntrain42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 GHZ transmitter/receiver

ORIGINAL: dirtdemon6

Just got a 2.4 GHZ Skyion controller/receiver with my Cen Genesis. So far I have had some problems with the signal cutting out. It was real bad at first, then I placed fresh batteries in the reciever and transmitter. Almost no cut out now, however I really haven't used the remote all that much so far. Any way, I don't know if this is really a problem as it appears to work at the moment with fresh batteries although the previous ones were not that old and had about 9.7 Volts left in the transmitter (new is about 12 V)

I realize that the 2.4 GHz control setup is relatively new tech to the RC industry. Any one else have similiar problems with these remotes? Perhaps they require more voltage than FM/AM setup?
THe Cen's 2.4gig systems IMO are pretty cheap. 2.4gig systems in general are extremely reliable, you could very well have gotten a bunk system. Wouldn't surprise me at all. A little tip, get yourself some electrical conduit grease and coat ALL the connectors to make sure your gettinggoodelectrical connections.