Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser

Old 11-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser

I saw one up close and even played with it.. Thought it was really cool/different and rare. The 3 speed transmission is cute, engine is nice, the layout of the suspension was really fun on bumps/jumps on dirt. But the guy who had it had just finished breaking it in. My question is are there any known issues with the model?
I'm thinking of picking one up for Spring time fun. Its either this or the DRX Lancia Stratos and I'm talking to a Japanese hobby shop to see if they will deliver to the USA since the Stratos is not available anywhere outside of Japan.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
sparky 25

Default RE: Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser

I have had 3 madforce trucks over the years,

they are alot different to drive than the independent suspension trucks and alot of fun to run,

some of the weakest points on the older trucks were, the front ring and pinion gears would break easy, as they were originally made from alloy

the 2 link suspension arms would flex enough under torque to allow the rear drive shaft to fall out,

and the thing i disliked alot about the older trucks was they sat too tall and would roll over easy and would wheelie too much,

kyosho seem to have addressed all of these known issues by fitting steel helectical cut ring and pinion gears front and rear,

adding a raised rib down the length of the 2 link arms to prevent flexing, lowering the ride height of the truck and also adding an inch to the wheelbase to help keep the nose down,

i have recently purchased a madforce parts bundle and addressed these problems myself,

i added 2 inches to the stock length, an inch at the front and an inch at the rear using hyper st driveshafts,

fitting tmaxx turn buckles on top of the link arms to prevent flexing,

lowering the ride height by about 20mm and having fitted steel helectical cut front and rear ring and pinions that came with the parts bundle,

the kyosho gxr 28 engines that come in the madforce kruiser are easy to tune and make good enough power to throw the madforce around with ease,

having owned a kyosho gigacrusher with the same gxr28 engine i know it has good power,

the gigacrusher weighs probably twice as much as a madforce and with the gxr28 it was pretty quick,

i have went with an lrp30 in my madforce and its nuts, i had sold my first two madforces and regretted it,

not gonna part with this one in the near future as i like how they run with the solid axles,

if i was after a new nitro truck id give the madforce kruiser some consideration as i like the way they are set up.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Sherv

Wow thanks for the informative post! Exactly what I wanted to hear! I am excited... It's something about solid axles that make them so fun/goofy on bumps!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:33 PM
hyper8
My Feedback: (6)

I owned an orignal madfore kit truck and I loved it!!! the orignal ones had had diff cup problems(the driveshafts would pop out)that was an easy fix,use updated cups.
they would tip easy so I lowered mine a bit.kyosho engines are vary relibale an easy to tune.you dont need big power because the truck is light and a 3speed.
I had a ofna hyper .21 8port in mine and it was the drag race king.
the kruiser has an extended chassis lower cg and handles better than the older versions,all are+s ive own tons of nitro mts and by far it was my fav!!!!
it drives and handles just like the real ones on tv and thats what I loved about it.think about it 3speed chain driven,solid axels whats not to like.Id kill to have my madforce back!!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I have a few.... I converted one to brushless and honestly I want it to be nitro again. They are a unique platform that provide a unique experience. They are somewhat limited compared to your typical independent suspension monster and they have a high center of gravity. Honestly they are fun to run around but they won't hold my interest the same as a typical truck (e.g. Savage, LST/XXL, etc.).

Also, I am not a fan of the limited aftermarket support and lack of parts availability in local hobby stores and online.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 PM
soulja55

the mad force kruiser is awesome. the first one i had had an LRP .28 in it...hpi polished pipe, rc4wd tires, new era wheelie bar, and jumbomax wheels. i sold it like a dummy and went and bout another last week because i miss it so much! but....this one is gonna have an Extremem RC Mods Picco P3, a custom Extreme RC Mods Pipe, new era motor mount, 30k fluid f&r, savage 4 gear diffs and savage aluminum cases, and a Savage brake setup. the kruiser comes with a GXR21....not a 28.....but it is still spunky right out the box.....she hauls major tail with the 3 speed. here of pics of the old girl......but this one is gonna be SOOOOOO much nastier! my old kruiser even had the savage diffs in it...and they worked awesome....never had a problem with it......was just in a tight for money and sold it. i'll post pic of this new one when i'm done....but here is the old one

Old 03-13-2011, 05:32 PM
trueimport

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm looking to pick one up to do some bashing with some friends. They are running a Savage XL, Losi XXL and Losi Raminator and I want to know how this truck will stack up against those. I've seen a lot of videos of them getting the crap kicked out of them but do they really hold up like the other three? I see you guys mention that the Mad Force has a different driving characteristic but can you please explain how its different. I know the Losi trucks really handle well even at top speed over rough terrain and I want to make sure this will too.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:45 PM
soulja55

ORIGINAL: trueimport

I'm looking to pick one up to do some bashing with some friends. They are running a Savage XL, Losi XXL and Losi Raminator and I want to know how this truck will stack up against those. I've seen a lot of videos of them getting the crap kicked out of them but do they really hold up like the other three? I see you guys mention that the Mad Force has a different driving characteristic but can you please explain how its different. I know the Losi trucks really handle well even at top speed over rough terrain and I want to make sure this will too.
the toughest of the above three is the savage! this is my fifth and last two Mad Forces i am ever buying! i buy them.....get something else....and wind up coming right back because they are so fun. these truck hand like real monster trucks......and with the improve arms, shocks, and wheelbase these things handle like a dream to me. u kinda just have to get used to them...but when you do.....you will be able to keep up and pass em. drill an 1/8 hole on the inside on each rim to let more air in and it will take away from the lil bounciness that these trucks have. i finally got my VE in the other day...but gotta save and buy batteries for it now! here is the pic of the nitro and VE side by side. they are jst awesome looking trucks. they look a little lower because i have not cut the zip ties that come on them to let the suspension loose!

Old 03-14-2011, 04:12 AM
trueimport

Thanks for the quick reply. Aside from them being able to have the crap kicked out of them how are they actually off roading? Does the solid axle cause any issues with clearance going over obstacles because the other three mentioned don't have that issue.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:13 AM
trueimport

And I have to say I think I like the looks of the VE a little better. There is something about the solid wheels and the red details that set it off for me, however, I'm a nitro fan so green it is.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:17 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm interested to see some bashing video's when you get a chance....
Old 03-15-2011, 06:32 PM
soulja55

well...i just bit the bullet tonight and when on and bought some lipos, charger, burst bag, low voltage cut off, & power supply from Kershaw Designs. he makes good stuff and it is a lot cheaper than most. so....i about a week (have to wait for the charger) i will be posting videos......watch for them.....
Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 PM
kyoshofan88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know how interchangeable parts for this line of trucks is with the Giga Crusher? For example, could I use the wheels/tires from the Mad Force Kruiser on the Giga Crusher?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:41 PM
sparky 25

The Madforce and Gigacrusher both have 19mm wheel hexes,
So the wheels should be interchangeable,

The 3 speed transmission is also interchangeable and I'm pretty sure the Diffs are too,

The steering knuckles will also fit each truck,

Think that's about it.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM
maximus75

I just got the Mad force. Let the engine idle through one tank of gas as instructed for break in. Went to run a second tank through it the following day and the clutch bell was frozen to the engine. Upon inspection I found the small needle bearing in the clutch bell ( the one closest to the engine) had come apart. Maybe it got hot from not moving while the engine idled all that time or maybe it wasn't lubed enough from the factory. I don't know, but in my opinion the bearings are way too small. A larger ball bearing would be much better.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 PM
sparky 25

Replace the stock plastic cage type clutch bearings,

Duratrax do metal bearings where you remove the stock cage bearings and replace with 5 metal shielded roller bearings.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:02 AM
maximus75

ORIGINAL: sparky 25

Replace the stock plastic cage type clutch bearings,

Duratrax do metal bearings where you remove the stock cage bearings and replace with 5 metal shielded roller bearings.
Really! Do you know the part number or best place to get them? Thanks
Old 01-10-2013, 10:51 AM
sparky 25

Can't remember exactly,
but it was kyosho America that told me about them,

A while back I owned a new kyosho Gigacrusher and it kept striping the 3speed spurgears,

And the extended pilot shaft broke on me,

I contacted kyosho America as I purchased the truck while on vacation in Florida,

And asked if there was an all metal upgrade bearing, they sent out the replacement parts and gave me the part number for the Duratrax bearing that fits the clutch on the Gigacrusher/Madforce,

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure these are the bearings,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Duratrax...item43b1eae4be
Old 01-11-2013, 03:47 PM
maximus75

ORIGINAL: sparky 25

Can't remember exactly,
but it was kyosho America that told me about them,

A while back I owned a new kyosho Gigacrusher and it kept striping the 3speed spurgears,

And the extended pilot shaft broke on me,

I contacted kyosho America as I purchased the truck while on vacation in Florida,

And asked if there was an all metal upgrade bearing, they sent out the replacement parts and gave me the part number for the Duratrax bearing that fits the clutch on the Gigacrusher/Madforce,

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure these are the bearings,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Duratrax...item43b1eae4be
Thanks, Ill measure the old bearings and see if they match
Old 01-13-2013, 07:48 PM
wilfredes

You just saved me the trouble of reposting.