RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Psycho servos

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 05:30 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Psycho servos

I have an HPI Savage that is bone stock except that I have a 6v battery pack for the receiver. For some reason when I turn on the TX and RX the steering servo goes completely freaking nuts. I have already sent the receiver back to HPI to get it checked out and they sent me a new one. I got it back, put it in and lo and behold, it's still doing it. I've taken the 6v pack off to see if that was the problem and put new AA's in the battery holder and, yep, still does it. Anyone have any ideas what's up with my possessed truck? Really makes it hard for me to drive the dang thing like this.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:33 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Default Psycho servos

try changing the servo to see if the servo is bad. you can also try changing the rx crystal in the receiver with same channel.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Wild Gopher

Default Psycho servos

my savage reciever also goes nuts when you give it full throttle. I think it has to do with the vibration at high RPM's that makes it go nuts. BTW, when you sent your receiver back, how long did it take and did you need the original receipt? I wanna send mine in but i dont want the downtime
Old 08-06-2003, 11:14 AM
Legendary

Default If it's not the RX,TX or servos it could be?

Radio interference! If I run my truck near my house I have problems with it acting funny but, when I bring it out to the BMX track I go to it's fine! I have a failsafe on it but, that does not do much for interference! Are you guys running yours at the same place every time this is happening?? If so try it at another local and see if it is something other then parts before you go and order stuff!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:36 AM
miserynitro
My Feedback: (8)

Default Psycho servos

i don't think it would be interference if the truck isn't running... and it won't be vibration either. Now when you actually move the steering on the TX does the servo move the right way, and if you held it out does it stay there? or is it constantly moving... if it is, either A, your servo is shot, B try switching the servos in order on your RX and see if it starts doing the same thing to throttle, if it DOES, then it might be your TX haveing problems, if the steering servo STILL jumps.... it is more than likely your servo.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:21 PM
beardking

Default Psycho servos

Yeah, I've switched out the servos and it did the same thing to the throttle. I'm thinking it's the TX because it only freaks out when I have the TX and the RX on, if only the RX is on then its fine (I know, you aren't supposed to do that, but I had to check it out).
Old 08-06-2003, 12:26 PM
miserynitro

Default Psycho servos

but if you hold the TX does it still move? or does it stop freaking?? i think it could still be the RX.... but, do you know anybody else with a savage or a Radio in which you can put your cystal in(TX) to see if it still does it??
Old 08-06-2003, 12:28 PM
beardking

Default Psycho servos

Nope, don't know anyone else with anything r/c that isn't a plane. And when I move the wheel on the TX for left or right it works, but they are all jittery. I mean, it'll go to the endpoint if I'm holding it there, but it bounces a lot.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:30 PM
miserynitro

Default Psycho servos

sorry to say it, but sounds like you TX is bad.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:32 PM
beardking

Default Psycho servos

Yeah, actually, until you mentioned it earlier, I hadn't thought about it being that, but now I'm almost positive that's what it is. It makes sense.