RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

t-maxx not shifting

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx not shifting

I have been trying to fix this problem for the past week and have tried everything. I recently changed the pinion on the engine to a lower amount of teeth in my bro's t-maxx (its a .15 HPI SS and yeah he runs it i fix it) i am not sure if it wasn't shifting before but now it just does not want to shift at all. I have tried loosening the set screw and tightening and a couple of places in between each time taking the truck back out warming it up and then going to speed runs at full temp.

His t-maxx has a .15 HPI SS engine, 72tooth RRP metal spur, foward only conversion and a 16tooth pinion

Any suggestions on y it is not shiftin?
Old 08-06-2003, 07:41 PM
njmaxxin

this may seem obvious, but are you running it too rich?
Old 08-06-2003, 07:55 PM
Shadow102

nah i am running it at about 2.5-3 turns on the high speed needle and it hits the top of its rpm's and just sits there and doesnt shift

btw where in central jersey are you?
Old 08-07-2003, 01:08 AM
njmaxxin

bridgewater. all of us NJ guys need to get together and build a bashing area for MT's b/c there are like NONE whatsoever in NJ
Old 08-07-2003, 01:25 AM
Shadow102

yeah your defiantly right about the track...even though i run 1/8th buggy could still use it for outlaw class lol. and i know where bridgewater is i used to go down that area every so often to visit my aunt. i am all the way up in the corner by PA and NY. There are some decent spots up by me for bashing but nothing spectacular
Old 08-07-2003, 01:05 PM
njmaxxin

in the manual, it tells you how to adjust the gearbox to shift earlier/later. read your manual and give it a try
Old 08-07-2003, 01:25 PM
Shadow102

thanks but i tried i moved the set screw all the way in and it didn't do anything i moved it all the way out and it didn't do anything and then i took it a couple of turns in between in both cases and it would go into second at all unless i tightend the screw all the way down.

Also i know i am turning the correct screw no the one holding the clutch assembly to the shaft