Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HiMOTO or Hello Trouble?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
90turbo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HiMOTO or Hello Trouble?

so let me start of by saying that i love this site, and i do own some much better trucks than this.

but my nephew gave me (yeah thats right) gave me his HIMOTO MXT-2S truck and everything that came with it becaus he broke the wheel off the front and cannot get parts. he is a kid with no credit card. so i got him a new hpi and he gave me the truck.

so........... This thing is cheap the plastic seems stout on the lower a arms but the outer "C" and knuckle is brittle. So LET ME SAY I AM KINDA A SUCKER FOR PUNISHMENT!!!! I GUESS!!!

all parts are available on site, so I went through the list and purchased everything I could in aluminum and then some other odds and ends for future.

I recieved the parts in a timely manner and started to tear into the truck and installed the shock tower, shocks, suspension brace and then the new outer aluminum "c" and knuckles... my problem is this now.

the outer knucles are much beefier than the replaced plastic and the inner and outer bearings are placed much further apart on this piece. THUS MY CV outer is now not long enough and the inner dog bone is too long.. DANG IT!!!!

BUT LIKE I SAID I LIKE A CHALLENGE.

ANYONE on the site acually own one of these trucks????

Second most, ANyone actually upgrade one???

thanks

oh yeah my other trucks i own are a first year T-MAXX, a brushless E-MAXX and a newly aquired Associated MGT-8.0
and some other cars.

thanks again.

PLEASE NO FLAMMING!!!!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:01 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HiMOTO or Hello Trouble?

from experience, old plastic gets brittle. i think its a clone of something, and i think redcat is a himoto brand.

best thing to do is go to a hobby shop with your truck and your dog bones in hand, you should be able to match something up.

dont worry all the parts i get for my cars are discontinued, i HUNT for them.