Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

better than the XL

Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 PM
richardtf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default better than the XL

This is a common ground so i'll post my question here is a revo better than a savage xl? i am not into racing just speed runs, and mild bashing.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: better than the XL

The Revo would be a better fit for speed runs IMO.  Lighter truck.  Savage can be built for speed, but I think Revo does speed a bit better.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:51 PM
SMOKEFAN

The savage is far stronger then the revo and even the X4.6 with the F4.6 engine will go toe to toe with a revo. For bashing I would have to get the savage and for my the X4.6 is a great value and very strong truck. I personally would go that route before the XL
Old 02-11-2011, 05:06 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you into Nitro or Electric??

FOR "just speed runs, and mild bashing"

NITRO - I would personally rather own a Savage XL than a Revo 3.3...(i've owned them both) BUT considering you don;t bash super hard and you want more so.... speed runs. I would say buy the Revo 3.3, it;s a little bit faster than the Savage and can handle better. The Revo can take a beating but not like the Savage but both trucks are durable and great trucks from my personal experience.

Electric - I would say buy the Brushless E-Revo, it is insanly fast, handles great, and can take a serious beating. BUT the Savage Flux HP is a BEAST, and can bash harder, is also super fast, but does not handle as well as the BL E-revo....
Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 AM
steed2-inactive

hey richard, dont you own an xl and a revo?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:58 AM
richardtf

ORIGINAL: steed2

my biggest regret is selling my XL[][] i should have listen to you before,and now i think i want an XL back[][] i still have the revo, i haven't had a chance to drive it co'z it doesn't have an engine, i don't know if i should continue the revo or sell it and an XL, pretty mixed scott
Old 02-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

If you regret selling the XL then absolutely get another XL.  You can set it up for speed.  I only advised Revo because typically it does better as a pure street racer, but the Savy can be made pretty impressive on the road.  Why spend cash on the Revo when you know you enjoyed the Savage?
Old 02-11-2011, 11:26 AM
steed2-inactive

once you go savage, you will always want to have one. i know my savage's are my favourite! -cheers
Old 02-11-2011, 02:35 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: richardtf

my biggest regret is selling my XL[][] i should have listen to you before,and now i think i want an XL back[][] i still have the revo, i haven't had a chance to drive it co'z it doesn't have an engine, i don't know if i should continue the revo or sell it and an XL, pretty mixed scott
Honestly if you've never run it. Why make an opinion? I say you get it running and then make your decision.

I think you'll want to KEEP the Revo AND buy another XL. Watch, and see i'm telling you, they are two different animals. I am not a fan of any one product, I LOVE my Savage but I also LOVE my Revo completely differently. Kinda like how parents love their kids differently lol. I'd wouldn't sell either one of them.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:28 PM
steed2-inactive

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: richardtf

Honestly if you've never run it. Why make an opinion? I say you get it running and then make your decision.

I think you'll want to KEEP the Revo AND buy another XL. Watch, and see i'm telling you, they are two different animals. I am not a fan of any one product, I LOVE my Savage but I also LOVE my Revo completely differently. Kinda like how parents love their kids differently lol. I'd wouldn't sell either one of them.

i completely agree, variety is the best parts of r/c. i say lesson learned richard, for what you can sell these trucks for, your usually better off keeping them- you will love the revo though, they are completely different, more finesse so to speak, and dont kid yourself, they are tough as nails, my revo has taken some serious hits.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:41 PM
jackripped

l own both E-revo and E-FLUX, and the revo is stronger and faster and better handling.By miles.l jump massive jumps the flux bends the chassis at the rear.The revo just keeps going, way stronger l believe, but the flux does have a stronger drive line, its like 1/8th size axles and the like, so flux is better there.The e-revo is a tubbed plastic chassis, the flux is an alloy chassis, the revo pwns it for jump impacts.
At the end of the day though, l still own both, l just cant sell em ! Likeem to much, both of them !
But l wouldnt do this with my FLUX anymore.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...d/IMG_2343.jpg

my 2 cents.Not trying to start a flame war.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:43 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: jackripped

l own both E-revo and E-FLUX, and the revo is stronger and faster and better handling.By miles.l jump massive jumps the flux bends the chassis at the rear.The revo just keeps going, way stronger l believe, but the flux does have a stronger drive line, its like 1/8th size axles and the like, so flux is better there.The e-revo is a tubbed plastic chassis, the flux is an alloy chassis, the revo pwns it for jump impacts.
At the end of the day though, l still own both, l just cant sell em ! Likeem to much, both of them !
But l wouldnt do this with my FLUX anymore.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...d/IMG_2343.jpg

my 2 cents.Not trying to start a flame war.
You bend your rear chassis on your flux? I've done some huge jumps/backflips and I have yet to bend anything. I have only broken a couple big bore shocks. However my BL E-Revo has broken about 4 bulkheads, wing mounts, wings, and about 3 differentials. My Flux definately break less and I put them through the exact same torture...
Old 03-02-2011, 10:39 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

I have both, The E-Revo mild racing, and savy xl for everyday running/bashing(converting to brushless), both are a joy to drive. I had a lowered and semi race ready xl as well i just got rid of which i regreat doing. For the little amount of racing that i do i would rather set up another xl for mild racing. I like them both as they both have there place, but the savage just looks like the overgrown bully when rolling down the road front wheels up and my mild race/street savage was so easy to control while running lowered and would slide/drift around the corners (bald crimefighters) controlable.

please forgive my spelling and grammer as i am slyping (sleeping and typing)

I have now gave the E-revo to the wifey, currently selling my 3.3 to build me another semi race/street xl...

Short version Both have there place both are fun to drive, both have stood the time of bashing, both have quarks and wouldnt be dissapointed in either,

as for speed runs and mild bashing my .01c would be to grab a
savage x roller drop a 3 speed in there (if it dont already have one) along with either an lrp.30 or picco .28...
gear it to the moon.

Or my option which i am currenty trying to build
Grab a savage xl and go big brushless or flux with ext tvp's...

Sorry if this dont make sense but thats what i get for slyping...
Old 03-11-2011, 10:42 PM
jackripped

l have both, nitro and electric, l would buy the E-Revo brushless version, faster and much stronger than a Flux, my Flux bends its alloy chassis, the revo is a tubbed design, does not break or stay bent like the Flux.The revo is faster and quiter also.Better to handle in the air too.
l do huge jumps, l just cant stop doing them !