Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Which truck to get?

If you had to choose between a revo 3.3 and the lst xxl for a good all around beater which would you go for? Im looking to get back into the spot and back in the day i had one of everything including a 2.5 max and the origonal lst. I know they are both great trucks and the lst seems the be far superior but im looking for a little input.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Which truck to get?

XXL ! you get a lot more truck for your buck !
    My worst nightmare is that after I die, my wife sells all my RC stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

revo, they are tough as hell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Go LIPO , raw horsepower, go revo, flies like a bird !

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=IMG_2343.jpg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Devils-Reject

Maybe if your running on moms carpet surrounded by pillows.

LST XXL without a question is the way to go. WIth the right tuning and a gear swap you can easily get 50mph out of em stock, assuming you want or need to go that fast with a monster truck. If you want even more speed you can easily convert the LST XXL to a BL setup using the inexpensiveBL conversion(75 bucks)kit available for the XXL.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ntrain42

ORIGINAL: Devils-Reject

Maybe if your running on moms carpet surrounded by pillows.

LST XXL without a question is the way to go. WIth the right tuning and a gear swap you can easily get 50mph out of em stock, assuming you want or need to go that fast with a monster truck. If you want even more speed you can easily convert the LST XXL to a BL setup using the inexpensiveΒ*BL conversion(75 bucks)Β*kit available for the XXL.
    INexpensive? hahaha....The conversion kit is 85 bucks + whatever motor and ESC you choose to go with which in my case is $85 (Conversion Hardware Kit) + $250 (Mamba Monster Combo)= $335 just to pull out the nitro and go electric and we didn;t even touch on how much the XXL is what $650? I do know you can sell the 454 for around 100 bucks so it would be roughly $235 EXTRA to convert it to Brushless. Add in 2 Lipo packs from hobbyking and your another $80+ bucks and a Lipo Charger will be needed so add some more $.....

NOW I do agree that he should buy the Losi XXL over the Revo as it is a better truck but i'm just saying it is not very inexpensive to go brushless lol

So saying all that I might recommend he buy the Brushless E-Revo and save some money as it is an excellent truck as well and will cost less than a brushless Losi XXL.
    Trucks: Brushless Traxxas E-Revo , Brushless Cen GST, Traxxas Summit (Dewalt 820 pending)
    Quads: DJI PHANTOM w/FPV, Blade MQX, V222, Hubsan X4, Proto X, (Ecks Custom Build..)