Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Hot Bodies~Center U-Bones

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 06:53 PM
rookie t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Bodies~Center U-Bones

I bent my front center d-bone on my savage, so i figured i would buy the HB front and rear universal dog bones. I have ran them for about 5-7 races.

Well the first race of the day my savage was crawling at about 15mph or so. Somethings wrong, well one more lap......the tires locked up and then whizzz. Crap clutch bell, tranny, diffs....NO center uni's. The pins fell out, apparently the back one was long gone. so i was driving with front wheel drive only.

For those of you that own them I highly suggest that you remove the set screw RE-LOC-tite the set screw, and purchase some more set screws to put one on the other side. They thread both sides, but only put one in. (Cheap Bas#@&%$)

Since i was upset i super glued mine in, just be careful not get too much that it locks the movement. I moved mine the whole time they were driving.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:22 AM
new72Savage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Bodies~Center U-Bones

I also suggest using shrink tube. the set screws are difficult to locate, i ended up buying a box of 200 (smallest Q avail) from fenderbender (out of biz, now)

I am selling the remaining 192 set screws i dont need as CVD bullet proofing kits, which include 8 4mmx4mm set screws, 4 ~3/8x3/4" shrink tube and a self addressed stamped envelope (for returning the $3) for $3 to members over at savage-central. If ur a member there and registered longer then a month then i will ship them out on the honor system. If ur interrested just go to SC and search for CVD bullet proofing kit.