Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

XTM 24/7 and T-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Rolex888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM 24/7 and T-Maxx

For those of you running the XTM .247 in your T-maxx with a .21 conversion chassis...
What exhaust manifold, or header are you using???
Mine is rubbing on the rear right shock spring.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:31 PM
spazzyfry123

ok uno question- is the .247 and the 24.7 the same engine? and if it is, than how is it? ok topend? sorry to kinda barge in on ya callaway, but i need a new engine kinda fast how do you like yours callaway?
Old 08-08-2003, 09:48 PM
Rolex888

yeah, the XTM 24/7 is the .247 motor and is also referred to as 24.7. It's all the same. GREAT engine! Very good top-end. It doesn't have just massive power on the low-end and then slowly approach top-speed. It has massive power all throughout the powerband. Plus, it's really good for the price. A lot of my friends also use it because it's reliable, easy to tune and low maintenance. I don't have any problems starting it up or anything. Only the very very 1st time you have to work to get it started, but after that..it's a breeze. 2.6 hp engine I believe if I'm not mistaken.

The only problem is that I have the header rubbing on my Rear shock (using SuperMaxx .21 chassis) and I friggin need to find a different header that's angled and curved better to go up and bend around the rear shock (like how the stock T-maxx header piece is shaped)

Any have any ideas?
Old 08-08-2003, 10:18 PM
spazzyfry123

hey maybe try that rear exhaust thing from hurricane hobbies. it just goes straight back so it doesnt have an angled header.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:20 PM
Rolex888

would you happen to have a link for it? i can't seem to find it on google.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:01 AM
Turn&Burn

I am using the xtm pipe and header with mine and clears with room to spare......Take a look in my gallery .....I can 2nd that on the 24.7, It is an awesome engine.....
Old 08-09-2003, 12:10 AM
spazzyfry123

hey i appreciate that yall are responding to me too, and callaway heres the link- http://www.hurricanenitro.com/tm_r_ppipe.htm
so is it actually worth the money for a .21 conversion and the 24.7? thanks http://www.hurricanenitro.com/t-maxx.htm -thats a link to just some t-maxx stuff and heres another one- www.2coolrc.com :rainfro:

oh and for a stock 2.5 t-maxx what 24.7 do you use? there is the sg shaft and the threaded shaft? which one do you use? and whats the difference?
Old 08-09-2003, 05:09 AM
Turn&Burn

So far I love the conversion It rocks and so does the 24.7.....But I can tell you 2.75 hp is going to take it's toll on the drive train....The xtm kit does give you the cvd's but that is only about half of what is going to take for it to REALLY handle the power....And need less to say it get's into your wallet very fast, But if you don't mind blowing some coin you will have one kick ass truck.....Now if you are handy with a Dremel tool you can use the SG version like I did, all you have to do is cut roughly 3/16 off the crank cause the engine is really made for 1/8 scale clutch bell's and the maxx's bell is shorter.....The xtm kit will come with the parts to use either crank shaft....Also the longer wheel base made a huge difference in the stability and handling....
Old 08-09-2003, 03:53 PM
spazzyfry123

Originally posted by Turn&Burn
So far I love the conversion It rocks and so does the 24.7.....But I can tell you 2.75 hp is going to take it's toll on the drive train....The xtm kit does give you the cvd's but that is only about half of what is going to take for it to REALLY handle the power....And need less to say it get's into your wallet very fast, But if you don't mind blowing some coin you will have one kick ass truck.....Now if you are handy with a Dremel tool you can use the SG version like I did, all you have to do is cut roughly 3/16 off the crank cause the engine is really made for 1/8 scale clutch bell's and the maxx's bell is shorter.....The xtm kit will come with the parts to use either crank shaft....Also the longer wheel base made a huge difference in the stability and handling....
What all do you need for bullet-proof gearing, drivetrain, etc? and how much will just that cost? Cause i am seriously looking at this engine, but i need to know what i need so i wont be stripping all my gears. like what company of steel spur gears, clutch bells, etc.

and if you are interested on how performance is for the 24.7 (very cool) go to http://trilordy.com/trivideo.html and go to the 5th one down. the black ford f-150 with chrome flames has the xtm 24.7 in it. awesome torque!! :rainfro:
Old 08-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Turn&Burn

A set of UE diff's which are made from ofna 7.5 buggy insides and a 7075 billet alum. diff cases will set you back about 300 bones and you will never have to worry about them ever again....But if you go to UE's site they sell a set of spyder gears (can't remember the name of them) kipp something and using the Robinson ring and pinion set's and some alum. diff cases you can make some very strong diff's but the cheap way will still cost about 200........Now I am still running the stock diff's shimmed to perfection between a set of Americans CNC bulk heads and they are holding up just fine so far...If I can get a few gallons out of them that's pretty good....But the prob that I am having is It has so much power the clutch will not grip on an surface I run it on rather it is pavement, grass, dirt, and the slickest of all pine straw and it got so hot last night it melted the spur gear after I stopped running it so I am working on trying to come up with another Idea for a clutch...Finding an 1/8 scale clutch is not the problem but finding a spur gear that is the same pitch as the 1/8 scale clutch bells...the maxx is 32 pitch and 1/8 scale gears are like 28 pitch or something like that....
Old 08-10-2003, 01:28 AM
spazzyfry123

oh geez i dint relize i was gonna be spending like $500-$600 for this, i only have $300(still a lot but i need more for this). what all can get stripped out with the new power? is there anything a lot cheaper than those but still better than the stock stuff?
Old 08-10-2003, 01:34 AM
ttmr

I also use the header that cam with the xtm kit. Try a Great assembly 3 shoe clutch, it's working for me so far 3/4 gallon and still going strong on a 12 pounder! When I lose my cage and alum rims she pushes 50mph with massive wheelies! I plan on racing next season with the wheeliees geared out and a possible 60mph truck!
Old 08-10-2003, 02:22 AM
spazzyfry123

i dont know, after relizing how much its gonna be, i may have to downsize to a .18. probably the fantom
Old 08-10-2003, 05:26 AM
Turn&Burn

I can tell you one thing if you can spend the cash It is the meanest thing you will ever have...But If you would like to check out some cool stuff for the maxx's check this out.....http://strobe-rc.com/ Oh and everything that has to do with the drive train on a STOCK maxx is at risk or lets go out on a limb and say it will brake with a big block even a 1.9hp os rg will wear out a stock maxx....I have a friend that has a xtm .18 in his maxx and it runs great....fyi
Old 08-10-2003, 05:27 AM
Turn&Burn

Whoops....
Old 08-11-2003, 11:26 PM
spazzyfry123

ok ive decided no tto be selfish and buy something else with my money. my dad is always watching me and my buds drive our t-maxxes and other r/c vehicles, and asking to frive mine (it doesnt bother me cause my dad has been in r/c for quite a while but he still crashes) but ive decided to get him a e-maxx!! i was gonna get him a sportmaxx but with the problems ive been having with my 2.5 i think im gonna get him something where all he has to do is plug it in and its cruisin. yeah i want a new engine for my maxx but hey my dad is cool. yay or nay?
Old 08-12-2003, 12:24 AM
truggyracer

I say yay. Cuz if you break yours you could just boost the parts from his until you get replacements......
Old 08-12-2003, 11:48 PM
SixVi6-Camaro

well I'm running 1/8 scale clutch and first run strobe slipper on my ported .247 powered maxx. here is a direct link works flawlessly but... with a hard grabing non slipping 1/8 clutch in a maxx it will break everything else in the truck that much quicker.

As far as the header mine used to rub lightly when I as running 8 shocks. (SM chassis Rc raven shock towers, old skool maxx arms) I ended up using a savage header which cured the rubbing issues. Now I run 4 1/8 scale shocks and have no clearance problems at all no matter what header I run.