Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

mip shiny center cvds

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 06:08 PM
avoor1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mip shiny center cvds

I just got a set of mip cvds for my 2.5 t-maxx and installed them. I can't seem to get the axles, where they connect to the output shafts on the front and rear of the tranny, to sit on the shafts straight. They seem to wobble when I turn them. Imagine the vibration at high speed? Is there a way to get them to sit straight and square on the shafts? I took the trans out and tried to adjust the two set screws on each axle numerous times with no luck. Is it possible that tower hobbies sent me the incorrect parts? Any advice on this subject would be appreciated.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Dlock

The set screws should go into the holes on the shaft. So the set screws should screw into the flat parts of the shafts that come out of the tranny. I have mine installed and have no problems at all. I hope I am understanding you correctly and I hope this helps.....
Old 08-10-2003, 04:21 PM
avoor1

Default mip

Yeah, I understand what you mean. The set screws do sit in the holes of the shaft. But the cup that goes on the shaft is round inside and not flat like the shaft. So it will move up and down a little. Is the inside of the cup supposed to be round or flat? Thanks a lot for your help. How have those center drives held up?
Old 08-11-2003, 12:23 AM
Dlock

I have yet to have any problems with mine. Well except I lost a cross pin the other day, but that's operator error. Not enough loctite.

Let me see if I am hearing you correctly. The part that you have the most concern about is this one right?

If this is the case, then yes, the hole that the outdrive from the tranny goes into is suppose to be round. When you clamp the set screws down onto the outdrive from the tranny the set screws should go into the holes a litttle. This should eliminate and movement, or keep it to a minimum. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.....
Old 08-11-2003, 08:52 PM
avoor1

Default cvd

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. Thanks for your help. I guess I just need to fiddle with them a little bit more. Thanks again.