Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Screw too tight

The screw in the following part: http://www.********.co.uk/clutch-gea...asher-319.html is too tight. I can not unscrew it. I have tried WD-40, pliers holding the fly wheel but it wont budge.

It is so fustrating. Any ideas?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Screw too tight

As a last ditch effort, you can use a drill, and drill off the head of the screw. Provided that it's not cross threaded into its hole, that should relieve the pressure on it, and you ought to be able to use a pick or something similar to unscrew the rest of it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

before drilling it out, which runs a high risk of ruining your crankshaft, first go and get a piston lock and try again. if that doesn't work use a dremel or an air saw and make a slit in the head and turn it into a flat head screw and then try unscrewing it with a flat head driver. if that doesnt work then some skillwork with a drill will be needed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thankis for both replys. I used a drill and managed to get it out. Thanks again!