Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Which truck to get?

Old 02-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Draygyen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which truck to get?

If you had to choose between a revo 3.3 and the lst xxl for a good all around beater which would you go for? Im looking to get back into the spot and back in the day i had one of everything including a 2.5 max and the origonal lst. I know they are both great trucks and the lst seems the be far superior but im looking for a little input.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:54 AM
ImpalaPolicePack

Default RE: Which truck to get?

XXL ! you get a lot more truck for your buck !
Old 02-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

revo, they are tough as hell
Old 02-26-2011, 12:43 PM
jackripped

Go LIPO , raw horsepower, go revo, flies like a bird !

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=IMG_2343.jpg
Old 02-26-2011, 01:31 PM
ntrain42

ORIGINAL: Devils-Reject

Maybe if your running on moms carpet surrounded by pillows.

LST XXL without a question is the way to go. WIth the right tuning and a gear swap you can easily get 50mph out of em stock, assuming you want or need to go that fast with a monster truck. If you want even more speed you can easily convert the LST XXL to a BL setup using the inexpensiveBL conversion(75 bucks)kit available for the XXL.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: ntrain42

ORIGINAL: Devils-Reject

Maybe if your running on moms carpet surrounded by pillows.

LST XXL without a question is the way to go. WIth the right tuning and a gear swap you can easily get 50mph out of em stock, assuming you want or need to go that fast with a monster truck. If you want even more speed you can easily convert the LST XXL to a BL setup using the inexpensive BL conversion(75 bucks) kit available for the XXL.
INexpensive? hahaha....The conversion kit is 85 bucks + whatever motor and ESC you choose to go with which in my case is $85 (Conversion Hardware Kit) + $250 (Mamba Monster Combo)= $335 just to pull out the nitro and go electric and we didn;t even touch on how much the XXL is what $650? I do know you can sell the 454 for around 100 bucks so it would be roughly $235 EXTRA to convert it to Brushless. Add in 2 Lipo packs from hobbyking and your another $80+ bucks and a Lipo Charger will be needed so add some more $.....

NOW I do agree that he should buy the Losi XXL over the Revo as it is a better truck but i'm just saying it is not very inexpensive to go brushless lol

So saying all that I might recommend he buy the Brushless E-Revo and save some money as it is an excellent truck as well and will cost less than a brushless Losi XXL.