Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Which Monster truck to get?¿!

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Which Monster truck to get?¿!

Old 03-31-2011, 10:10 AM
africano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Monster truck to get?¿!

HI, im quite new to rc, have only got one and a few months back. I got the associated SC10. Now after looking around I want a MONSTER truck!

Ive been offered a second hand E-Revo with rpm upgrades and 2 lipos, no radio or receiver. For 475 Euros.
Ive also been offered an E-Savage, with box, stock batteries, radio, RTR 275 €
Ive also been offered an E-Maxx..........dont know the details yet EDIT: He says its the Brushed E-Maxx RTR with the gts 2,4ghz radio with lipos 5000mAh 2S 20C and some parts (cardan, rpm front tower and some shocks, etc) 350 €

The E-Revo is expesnive, even though its second hand, although for here in spain its quite good priced considering if I buy in the states I have to pay shipping and customs importation. Ive seen images of the trucka nd its clean, well looked after and has all rpm upgrades. It has a Mamba Monster combo, as well as a jeep body shell.

The thing that puts me off the E-Revo is that it appears to have low run times compared to the others? and obviously its price and that some people have said it might not be the right choice for a Monster truck newbie.

The E-Savage and the E-Maxx I dont know much about but I think they are not the Brushless versions and are quite outdated trucks, is that right?

Ive been pondering this decision for almost a week now! My girlfriend is contributing 200 euros as a present and Ide really only ideally spend another 200 so that would be 400 in total......unless I decide the E-revo is a good deal.

Some please guys, I know a lot of these type of posts are on here but I do need some assistance!

Thankls!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:51 AM
pure speed:]

Default RE: Which Monster truck to get?¿!

475 euros 4 a e-revo isnt that like $900 US jeez you could buy a new brushless one and lipos!!! keep lookin you will find a better deal 4 sure
Old 03-31-2011, 11:59 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

475 euro = 675 USD
250 euro = 355 USD
350 euro = 497 USD

I think the E-Savage and the E-Maxx are overpriced. 675 USD for a used Revo isn't very good either. Is it the brushless E-Revo version? If it is and it comes with Lipos, thats not too bad considering your in Spain.

An E-Savage on Ebay goes for around 250-300USD. ThE E-Savage is a good truck but it is brushed, but it's a very nice 1/10 scale MT.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:55 PM
africano

Out of the Savage and the E-maxx Brushed versions which is better?

How much should the E-Revo Cost?
Old 03-31-2011, 06:03 PM
masterhacker1989

you could get a redcat earthquake for like $300 (comes Rtr with 2 lipos and a charger), I really like mine, and its insanely fast, some people complain about them, but it seems that they don't shim the diffs and a few other things before using them, ive had mine for about a month, beat the living crap out of it, and I broke a steering bell crank after drifting into a curb, and killed a esc after my nephew drove it into a puddle that was like a foot deep
Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 AM
africano

What about a Summit? Ive been offered a second hand one......is this a good monster truck?
Old 04-01-2011, 04:09 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: africano

Out of the Savage and the E-maxx Brushed versions which is better?

How much should the E-Revo Cost?
I've owned both and in MY opinion, i'd own an E-Savage ower an E-Maxx anyday. It's tougher, handles better, and is a little faster.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:12 AM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: africano

What about a Summit? Ive been offered a second hand one......is this a good monster truck?
I own a 1/10th scale Summit. It is a Great truck. It's not real fast though, maybe 35mph and I run 2 - 2S 5800mah lipo batteries in mine. But man can that baby crawl through just about anything, it goes places none of my other trucks can go. Very tough as well, I bash the daylights out of mine and it usually never breaks anything, it takes a serious beating and comes back for more. Great truck IMO but if it was my ONLY truck I personaly would get bored as it's by far the SLOWEST truck I own. But still a great truck to own.