Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

REDCAT RACING EARTHQUAKE 3.5, Worth buying?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

REDCAT RACING EARTHQUAKE 3.5, Worth buying?

Old 03-31-2011, 07:14 PM
dominicd007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REDCAT RACING EARTHQUAKE 3.5, Worth buying?

Hi ive been looking around at nitro monster trucks lately and I came across this product and was wondering if its worth buying?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:45 PM
johnnylawson

Default RE: REDCAT RACING EARTHQUAKE 3.5, Worth buying?

my first rc still in perfect running order it needs a new batt box thats it only prob is the slipper clutch burns up if not kept in correct setting
Old 04-01-2011, 04:27 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It all depends on what your wanting it to do. I don't think it's a bad truck but it would not be my first choice. But thats my personal opinion. MY buddy owns the little Redcat Caldera 3.0, it's an ok truck but to me from the mild bashing he does it breaks parts to easily. He upgraded his steerring servo since that went bad on his 3rd run with the new truck. It is a quick truck tho thats for sure. He also just bought a Savage X SS and I can see that he likes it much more. It's all in what you like personaly really. Do you know anyone else with RC's you could check out what they have and maybe watch them run. Also what is your budget? For the price some redcats are a great deal..
Old 04-01-2011, 05:10 PM
dominicd007

Ive got a budget of about 280 dollars, Ive been running electric forever and ive gotten into nitro in the past two years, Ive had products from traxxas that i really liked but never a monster truck. I wanted to get something nice and fast and Im perfectly okay with fixing and buying parts.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:35 PM
moco racing

yes it is just click this link and watch do 40 mphhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KYyKLlVeS8
Old 04-09-2011, 05:45 AM
ntrain42

Bypass ANYTHING with the name "Redcat" on it. Its junk. Better off with Traxxas even.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:45 AM
Stryker48

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Bypass ANYTHING with the name "Redcat" on it. Its junk. Better off with Traxxas even.
Old post I know! .....

I don't agree with your very broad bashing statement.
Out of all the rebrands of HSP models (of which Redcat is but one) Redcat has the best support in North America. They also offer a LIFETIME 1/2 price replacement cost on ALL their electronics.

Yes there are better options, however they DO come with a HIGHER price tag.
Redacts are decent entry level low price point products aimed at the LIGHT BASHING MARKET ..... nothing more!

Comparing and trashing Redcats to other higher end models is just plain ignorance! You wouldn't compare a cheap Volkswagen with a more expensive BMW now would you? EXACTLY!
"Roll your eyes ..... with a little luck ....you 'might' just find a functioning brain back there"

While you're looking for that illusive brain, I'll enjoy bashing my Redcat Hurricane XTE and laughing all the way to bank (At least I have personal experience with Redcats and not just blowing out bashing hot air)

Last edited by Stryker48; 03-28-2015 at 06:58 AM.