Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone switched SH.18 to OS .18 in any Redcat? Or any other .18 for that matter?

Has anyone switched SH.18 to OS .18 in any Redcat? Or any other .18 for that matter?
    Taking off is optional, Landing is mandatory

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Has anyone switched SH.18 to OS .18 in any Redcat? Or any other .18 for that matter?

I am assuming you're referring to the Redcat volcano, right? I'm too interested to know if there's any direct fit engine replacements (lessen the hassle of mountings), obviously with an engine which has higher torque and horsepower.
    any suggestions besides the Vertex VX18? I want more raw engine power, but not the hassle...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Has anyone switched SH.18 to OS .18 in any Redcat? Or any other .18 for that matter?

Almost a DIRECT SWAP. I did it in a Caldera. Had to make some thin shims to go between engine and mounts so the OS pull start (slightly bigger than SH) would chear the upper chassis. OS .18 comes with shims for this but in my case they were to thick. Also had to cut 2 threads off crank shaft to use SH clutch bell assembly. Happy with results.
    Taking off is optional, Landing is mandatory

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would be carful.  IMO the engine is the best part of any redcat.  The stock drivetrain can not hold up to the stock SH engine, I would not add more power, it will shred the rest of the car/truck for sure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My HSP savagery aka redcat racing landslide LT comes with a GO .26 engine. drivetrains holding up so far
    Almost on my first gallon.
    [[[B3TT3R D3AD, THAN R3D]]]
    Powerracing Swift. . . . I want a Savage X!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for this post guys I was going through the same thing.