Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Empty Power

Old 06-07-2011, 05:54 PM
JH313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Empty Power

i recently purchased a 2.5r engine and installed it in my Traxxas Stampede. After the five break in drives per the manual, i decided to start running the engine through it's paces. After some full throttle across my lawn and some donuts on the driveway (both a lot of fun), i decided to jump it off sidewalk into the street. After lining it up i got up to about half throttle and drove it off the curb. it had a pretty good landing (still right side up), but the engine wasn't turning the wheels, just revving up uncontrollably. the truck just coasted back to me no matter what throttle setting i had and when it finally stopped, i couldn't get the engine to rev down. When i finally got the body off i was able to shut it off but before that even with the throttle at idle it wouldn't slow down. I took it in for the night and today i realigned the engine and gears. Thinking that was the problem, i started it back up. Again, everything would spin except the large gear(spur gear i think) so the wheels wouldn't spin. After shutting the engine the other gear (connected to clutch) spun on its own before stopping. I then took the truck and lightly pushed it on the driveway and everything spun together like it was supposed to. Does anyone know what happened and how to fix it?
Thanks in advanced, sorry for such a long message.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:39 PM
jackripped

Default RE: Empty Power

That sounds pretty bezarre.
Sounded like it revved up from being a little lean but doesnt fit the description you give, it really is hard to know unless you can see it for yourself, have you had it to a local shop at all for some advice ?
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM
JH313

I am yet to take it to the hobby shop, it is a trip away but might take it this weekend if i can't figure it out. Best i can tell, when the clutch is turning the entire thing, after a few revolutions of the gear, the two separate from each other, the clutch bell can be hand spun. But then, once the spur gear is spun they mesh right back up, spinning together, but only to be separated by the clutch bell. Any advice? Sound familiar? Anything would help. Thanks again.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:57 PM
mkruse

could it be the clutch in the transmission.. if there is one? or check the clutch shoes maybe they are toasted