Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Thanks, all and Hello

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 06:16 PM
TreeClimber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks, all and Hello

Everyone - thanks for all the great information and advice! This is my first post and this is a great forum. My brother-in-law has a FAST RC weed whacker boat and he got me hooked on the RC concept. I knew I wanted a truck, but had no idea where to start. Found this forum, searched, read, and learned a TON.

First I was convinced that I was getting a TMaxx, then I was POSITIVE I was getting an EMaxx. Lo and behold, I just bought a used Savage with quite a few hop-ups.

I was thinking about waiting for the SS, but being a newbie this looks like just what I need for flyin' through the woods behind my house and when I go camping... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Now I'm ready to do a lot more specific searching and reading on Savage owning, operating and maintaining.

Thanks again! ....or not... I can see my checking account isn't going to enjoy this new hobby...
Old 08-11-2003, 06:27 PM
Rex2342

Checking accounts definitely do not like this hobby.It can get really expensive when your just starting out.Once you get all the stuff you need it gets a little cheaper but not much.I think you'll really like the Savage21.Maintenance isn't really to hard...just clean the truck when you can and use a few drops of After Run Oil in the carb and in the head and the engine will last you a long time.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:50 AM
njmaxxin

Welcome to the expensive and addictive world of R/C's!!!! this board is great and has LOTS of information worth reading. any problems do not hesitate to do a search on this site, and if nothing pops up, post it and by the time you get up the next day, your question will already have a couple answers. good luck with the savage. you made a good choice in a truck. Unlike what REX said, this hobby DOES NOT get cheaper because once you got the basics, then titanium and aluminum look really appetizing. also, when you jump that beast, at 1st 5 feet you will be like WOW. but before you know it, your hitting up the local skate park right after a rainstorm before any skaters get there and your skying that car off of jumps that the designer could never even dreamed about jumping. the higher you go, and the faster you go, the more stuff ya break, and the more you shell out in the (seemingly) neverending road to building a bulletproof truck. but then after u finally add up how much everything costs when your savage is only a meer representation of what it was, with everything tweaked and accessorized, you will realize it was all worth it. and then you go and buy another truck!!! and start all over!!!!