Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Testing the limits of 2.4GHZ...

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Testing the limits of 2.4GHZ...

Old 05-08-2011, 06:57 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Testing the limits of 2.4GHZ...

This question is for the fellas with 2.4GHz radios with built in failsafes. Do any of you actually test how far you can run your MT away to get the failsafe to need to kick in? How much distance could you guess you had until it lost signal(realistically...)? I recently had a runaway where my LST2 literally jumped off a river bluff about 20 feet up from the water. Long story short - did a U-turn, it took off, went flying through the woods, off the cliff, and was found floating half submerged in the waters of the Mississippi river. Engine still running, servos twitching.

I'm just trying to debug the system and figure out what went wrong, otherwise I'm taking this one back and getting a different one. (I have a DX3S with Rx SR3300T)
Old 05-08-2011, 07:27 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Testing the limits of 2.4GHZ...

Big Squid did a 2.4ghz shootout, The specktrum was last with 600 feet and the cheap tactic was 800 feet and the winner went 1000 feet..
Old 05-08-2011, 08:15 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Testing the limits of 2.4GHZ...

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Big Squid did a 2.4ghz shootout, The specktrum was last with 600 feet and the cheap tactic was 800 feet and the winner went 1000 feet..
Well, even if those numbers were way off my runaway was not caused by being out of range. I was about 50 feet away from it when it took off and running towards it with the Tx pointed right at it or straight up didnt yield any change. It was going no matter what.

I will have to dig deeper.. Thanks for the reply, redfisher.