Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

ofna?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 02:18 AM
plkmonster2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna?

where are all you ofna people??? hmm, any hybrid owners out there? the hybrid is still the best truck out there, btw
Old 08-20-2003, 04:10 AM
ofnamp

Default OFNA person here

I have a ofna MP and I have to say they are a little higher priced than a turdmaxx and a savage but for the money you are getting a awesome truck. I have had mine for about 7 months now and it is a very good truck. I want the new ofna titan twin engine truck but I know my wife won't let me get one right now. But when I can I am going to own one of them bad boys. Twin 25's ought to haul some serious but and have unstopable power. That is 2x 2.4hp that adds up to 4.8hp almost as much as a 5hp push mower.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:45 AM
new72Savage

Default ofna?

Im pretty sure you wont gain, but rather loose top speed, given the added weight, the only gains will be in torque, two motors connected to same drivetrain cant produce more speed only more power/torque at a given speed.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:27 AM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

Default ofna?

just get a tmaxx and buy the same engien that is on it and put it on kind of like this, http://www.traxxas.com/community/sur.../026dan-08.jpg
Old 08-22-2003, 12:28 AM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

Default ofna?

i have a tmaxx now and as soon as i can get some money i am adding a second engine
Old 08-23-2003, 03:59 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ofna?

Originally posted by new72Savage
Im pretty sure you wont gain, but rather loose top speed, given the added weight, the only gains will be in torque, two motors connected to same drivetrain cant produce more speed only more power/torque at a given speed.

To say you would lose speed by putting two motors on a truck is far fetched to say the least. There is no way the engine is spinning at its max rpm due to friction, weight road conditions and any other variables, putting two engines on the same drive train will insure those variables are easily overcome and you undoubtedly gain a few MPH. The low end increase and "fun factor" will also be unbelievable. Also, the ideas behind a twin engine truck is to add the power to run higher gear ratios to maximize the power, at that point yoyu can gear it to go as fast as you need and still be quicker off the line.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ofna?

Originally posted by sledmanass
i have a tmaxx now and as soon as i can get some money i am adding a second engine
You wont just drop another engine in a tmaxx. You have to buy a $200 chassis conversion to run a big block as it it is, never mind twin engines.