Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

NEW MONSTER TRUCK MAY 2011 HELP*

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

NEW MONSTER TRUCK MAY 2011 HELP*

Old 05-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Devman84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW MONSTER TRUCK MAY 2011 HELP*

Hi, Im new to the hobby and I want a truck to romp around with in my back yard. I was wanting a Nitro but I think these electrics have come along way. Could anyone suggest a good bang for the buck deal they see? Or any tips/advice at all on shopping.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:30 PM
jackripped

Default RE: NEW MONSTER TRUCK MAY 2011 HELP*

Good all rounder, bashing, racing, awesome in flight from jumps, E-Revo. l have 2 of them, they are grouse !

No other 1/10th RC has the wheel displacement of a revo.Infact it has more movement than most 1/8th scale machines also.

The E-Revo is also water proof or resistant.

The E-Revo has a tubbed resin chassis, my FLUX has an alloy side double plate chassis, and still bends. The revo flexes and stays in one piece.Revo is better.
My FLUX flexes the driveline to much on big jump landings and mashes diffs up, never mashed a single diff in revo from that.
l love my FLUX but it really is not designed as well as a revo.
Thats not to say revo is utterly faultless, it isnt.They could have put metal shafts in from the start for example.

Anyway good luck in your choice, hope you ultimately have good luck with whatever you buy.

l use Tower Hobbies and lve never had an issue with them, they have always delivered fast within 7 days, im in australia tower is in US, and off memory a revo is about 700 bucks give or take 50.They come with two crapo batteries, toss em and go get some LIPO batts, unbelievable power and take off ! Will utterly smash any nitro MT that want to race you !

The BL-E truggies stull beat it off the line, but then you can do a truggy up like a syko bunny on steriods so thats expected.
Truggies are extreemly strong, maybe even consider one of them, there not really a monster truck though.More of a race bread machine really for comp, but very strong.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:55 PM
pure speed:]

Default RE: NEW MONSTER TRUCK MAY 2011 HELP*

Get a 1/16 Summit brushed than upgrade to 1/10 BL castle sidewinder V2 combo