illmatic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default OFNA Monster Trucks?

I recently been thinking of adding another truck to my collection. I already own a T/E maxx, but I want an 1/8 scale truck. I was thinking about the savage ss, but I really like the monster pirate, dominator or maybe the pirate 10(i thinks 1/10 scale though). Any input on these trucks OFNA trucks. I will likely do a lil of both racing and bashing. So my questions is:

How fast are all the OFNA trucks?

How durable are they?

Which one is a better bang for the buck(dom, monster pirate, or pirate 10 or the titan)?

How is OFNA customer service?

Please post pros and cons, and if you are a OFNA truck owner post some pics. Thanks for your input.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

pirate 10 is sorta like an rs4 mt, but .21 powered, and it goes about 45 top speed. The monster pirate is great, although it can use some slight modifying to be much better. The dominator is like a racing monster pirate. Its lighter, faster, and handles better, just bnecause they swapped out the tires. The huge spikes are great for snow and rock climbing though. The newer monster pirates are much stronger than the first gen ones, because they upgraded to 8mm axles from 6, and used fiberglass reinforced plastic instead of nylon for all the suspension parts. It will still break if you crash, but it handles jumps and tumbles very well. I would suggest the monster pirate if your not going to go racing. The titan is over priced but is probably worth it.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Kuma

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Holli Bechard wins alot of races with her Monster Pirate, it's a good race truck but most of her stuff are hopups (she also uses T-Maxx suspension), I've seen them go and they're good trucks, the Dom and Titan are also really good trucks but far more expensive.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:09 PM
truggyracer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ofna customer service sucks a fart out of my ***** with a straw....
I had a titan and and had legitamete feedback about it and they could have gave a crap. Treated me like a retard. I will never buy another OFNA product again.....
Old 08-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Kuma

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

From talking with numerous different people, it really depends on who you're talking to with OFNA's tech support, there's some really helpful folks and then there's some ignorant greedy types- very much like the ISP and computer techs, you'll get the best of both worlds. There's one particular person I've been told to avoid when contacting OFNA, and don't waste time sending them emails since they'll never reply.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:29 PM
PHILLCORNISH

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

my ofna pirate 10 monster truck (left in pic) claims to do 60 mph but im not sure it is two fast for me its been great but i think the fount diff housing is weak ive replaced it 2 times @ 6.5 a time not too bad but a pain to change. My mates xt3 by schumacer (right in pic) is the only car i know that will blow mine away. 70 to 80 mph and you cant stop pulling weelies.
may sell my soon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	101440_44516.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	57476  
Old 08-14-2003, 01:49 AM
illmatic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the replys, ok im still leaning toward the dom, but the monster pirate still looks sweet. Which one of these is probably the most complete? and which one would i have to modify the least? I just want a good dependable, durable fast truck.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:23 AM
SavageRCRacer
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dominator

Out of your choices I would have to say the dominator. I had one but kept having problems with the Drive shafts snapping. Even tried the CVD's. Nothing worked.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:23 AM
illmatic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

what is the difference between theses two trucks anyway?
Old 08-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Isphius

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

same chassis, but the dominator has smaller tires, higher gearing, and a slipper clutch. all the parts are interchangeable. I would also suggest the dom. for what you described. The monster pirate is still fast, but the dom will blow it away on a track. plus the small tires make it harder to break suspension parts. the MP is a better off roader though. the dom is more at home on a racetrack.