Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Need your opinions on problematic break-in on new GO 28

Need your opinions guys on a problematic break-in I did on my cousins new GO.28 3 port engine. Long story short (fairly), I ran the engine for the first time on a fast idle (New HPI 25% power fuel used) with the hsn and lsn at factory settings (rich) for maybe 5-6 secs on a starter box and then the engined stopped. Tried to start several times after with no joy. Upon closer inspection the engine had partially seized and lost most of it's compression. After removing the back plate and head it became apparent that the con rod has struck the crank case and a shard of metal has been cycled round the engine and knackered the sleeve and piston. Sent engine to suppliers for inspection and they are adamant that the engine has ingested water, wd40 or some other substance which is all over the internals(see pics below) which has caused it to hydro-lock and consequently damaged the engine. I call BS and think the droplets are fuel and the black globules are semi combusted oil. IMO the rod has struck the casing due to stress caused by excessive pinch/tightness when cold.

Your opinions please

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu60897.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	1626756   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av70067.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	1626757  
    \'\'When going through hell, keep going\'\'- Winston Churchill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Need your opinions on problematic break-in on new GO 28

Dud that does look like water to me.
    Exceed Mad Beast

Dont hate me for choosing a lesser known brand because i can assure you it will ;leave you in the dust