Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

GRR i HATE my sirio BB pipe!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 08:56 PM
flatlander_14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GRR i HATE my sirio BB pipe!!!

arg, i went out and wasted half of my fuel trying to get the stupid truck running right. none of this ever happened when i had the stock pipe. its that stupid big bore pipe. i tried richening the needles like mad and it still isnt performing good. i live near sea level, i run 20% blue thunder, it is a bit humid outside, the big bore pipe is supposed to add lots of torque. i can get wheelies if i do a 180 slide on the pavement and nail the throttle. thats all. ive never gotten one from just hitting the gas froma standstill. in my opinion this pipe sucks so far. is there a special way to tune it? any special methods you guys use? i think i ran like 4 or 5 tanks through just trying to get it run right. with my stock pipe i could get it working in about one tankful if i tried for max performance. i think half of my trouble now is the stupid easy start thing. im gonna get a pullstart and glow ignitor ASAP. i melted the metal piece under the red button. grrrr. i need serious help. its not because i dont know how to tune so much, its more how should i tune with the new pipe... what turns out should i start at, both lsn and hsn, which do i tune first, what signs should i look for, and i should expect wheelies from a standstill... at least in the grass, to know im getting good power from it. until then im not even running the POS...

oh yeah...
Old 08-16-2003, 09:14 PM
tjmaxx

You should put the high speed needle at 5 turns with that pipe maybe even 5 1/4 since you are near sea level.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:16 PM
tjmaxx

O ya tune the high speed needle first then the low speed needle. You should be looking for blue smoke coming from the exhaust. If you dont have a temperature gauge dont run it till you get one.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:17 PM
tjmaxx

O one more thing make sure you warm the engine up before you start tunning.